News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

EPL Week One Discussion

Started by Cory, August 15, 2009, 12:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Well then for the record, You don't enjoy watching ANY other team Man U?

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Nope thats why I am a proper fan!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Hyde

Jesus. Now I understand why Cory's posts about Arsenal are so clueless.

Sorry, Cory. I've nothing against you. But it's the truth. If you support Arsenal... you support Arsenal. That's it. And you certainly don't say anything redeeming about Spurs!

Cory

w/e...I think its just different because your both English, and over there there's a lot of competition between the fans/hatred to other clubs that arent your own...so me liking two teams, I think it fair....because over here its about the teams you like....or maybe as low as the teams you actually get on television.....plus I've said im Arsenal for sure, and simply enjoy watching Spurs play...and have my favorite England player ATM in Defoe. So its not two teams, arsenal is my team, but I like the spurs.

I couldnt care less about the North London rivalry....I don't even live on the same Continent.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on August 18, 2009, 09:00:50 PM

I couldnt care less about the North London rivalry....I don't even live on the same Continent.

FACE PALM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Dazz

Even the Arse don't understand the rivalry properly. It's not just that we're both north London sides, it's based on the fact that the South London Woolwich decided to move 4 miles down the road from White Hart Lane. Not only that but when the old 1st division was expanded by 2 teams in the early 20th century we got screwed in favour of the Arse.  Chelsea (who finished 19th in Division 1) were allowed to stay in the league, taking up one of the places. The other place that should have gone to Spurs (20th) or the team that finished 3rd in the second division was instead given to The Scum who had finished 6th in Division 2 and therefore had no right to it. It has of course grown further from there. Other factors include Arsenal fans being jealous of us actually having a history in Europe (we have 3 trophies, they only have the Cup Winner's Cup to their name) and various other things I won't get into. Basically, it's not just a simple local rivalry, there are actual reasons for the animosity.