Chelsea handed transfer ban for 2 seasons

Started by Laura, September 03, 2009, 09:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazz

Chelski are going to have problems during the African Nations Cup but they would have anyway. However, whilst this current squad is fine for this year, if I were a Chelski fan I'd be worried about the age of the squad and the fact that the youth squad is developing fuck all. They needed to start rebuilding next summer really and this will obviously put an end to that (not that the punishment will stand though). You can't compare the blue scum to Milan because the 2 divisions are completely different. You can get away with old/slow players in the Italian league because it's a slower, more tactical version of the game. The Premier League (as I mentioned in my Huddlestone comments) is a much faster and more physical game. As for Abramovic laughing, that's a ridiculous statement. With the players and agents knowing that Chelski can't buy anyone else for 2 windows, the current squad (those not offered new contracts this summer) are going to hold the club to ransom. A few will threaten to leave, some will leave, most will demand big wage rises and many may even demand loyalty bonuses and the like. The club is going to have to dig deep to keep its players because they wont be able to replace any that do leave. Besides, even without this ban Chelski had stopped forking out huge wads of cash on players ages ago.

Rob

Err... teams get injury problems during the non-transfer cycles anyway...
SixersEagles

[/center]

FXBlade

Joe Cole. Ashley Cole. Florent malouda. Michael Ballack.  Didier Drogba. frank Lampard. Niclas Anelka.

And so on

And so on
and so on.

So what if there average age is 31.  The quality is there......

And then some...