The single most amazing night of my life

Started by Adam Wrong, April 29, 2010, 07:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Wrong

I have no voice left from roaring at the tv. My back hurts more than it did before but I dont care. Fulham... 'little' fulham are in the Europa cup final.

People wrote us out of the group stage that included Basle and Roma - we proved them wrong
People wrote us off against the defending champions Shaktar Donetsk - we proved them wrong
People wrote us off against the giants of Italy and tourney favourites Juve - we proved them wrong
People wrote us off against Wolfsburg claiming Dzeko 'was a beast' - we proved them wrong
People wrote us off against the club hungry to play the final at their own stadium - WE PROVED THEM WRONG AGAIN

Woys Boys wowed me with a gutsy, determined and organised performance to see Off Hamburg and book a place in the final against Athletico Madrid...

The so called bigger clubs - Arsenal, Barcelona, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Real Madrid, Everton, AC Milan and Juventus' of this world have fallen short. None of them can appear in a European final this year. None of them had the attitude to get them to where we are now. We don't rely on one star man. Our top scorer had an achilles. He battled through 60mins to impress Fabio and was then bought off for an equally talented man. The team wasn't comprimised, we held our shape and our composure and we were rewarded thanks to 2 of the most under-rated players in our squad. Simon Davies with his knee giving out controlled with precision to knock in the equaliser and then Zoltan Gera rifled home our second and winning goal.

I ask of you this; if you have had faith in us from the start then maintain it, keep believing what many called the impossible dream.
But if you are one of the masses to constantly sneer and berate Fulham and look down upon us as just another little club and write us off then don't have a change of heart. Don't be another Hugh Grant who has decided to attend games now we are successful. Don't be some fairweather cock who buys the tickets that should go to those that sat there in the rain during the shite days in division three. They should go to those who watched their dad get a kicking by Northampton town fans when they were young. They should go to the ones who stood terrified and confused when they were tiny and a fulham fan was stabbed by a gillingham fan just meters away. Those that feared at the prospect of extinction 15 years ago as opposed to sneered it.

I've sat through Keegan and Tigana Bleed us dry. I was at the Old Trafford the very first premier league match we had losing 3-2 to Utd but unlike half the fans who saw it as the new thing to do, I had been in Crewe the year before in division 1, Birmingham the year before and Macclesfield the year before that. I observed the silence of the death of Alec Stock - the man who my dad remembers took us to the FA cup final in 1975. I watch Sanchez do fuck all, I watched Bracewell and Coleman work wonders with fuck all.

I've seen shite mud caked fights, I watched Geoff Horsfield go mental during an on pitch brawl and subsequently nearly got banned.
I went to Greece to watch the Intertoto cup against a shite Greek team and I saw them lift the Intertoto cup.

I'm high as a kite on diazepam right now and on the verge of tears at seeing Fulham progress to the Europa cup final with nothing but grit and determination. You can keep your rooney, you can keep your messi and you can keep your one great player +10. I am about the team. The little team of minnows and people past their prime or never weres in the eyes of many. The english never quite good enough for england. Or the stellar international players for less than stellar international nations.

COME ON YOU WHITES. DO US PROUD IN HAMBURG.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Hell of an achivement. Hodgson for me should be manager of the season.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

FXBlade

Quote from: Ian on April 30, 2010, 10:17:09 AM
Hell of an achivement. Hodgson for me should be manager of the season.

Indeed.

Fulham have had an awesome season, and i really hope it finishes on a high.  I am slightly pleased that Liverpool didnt go through, but I think Fulham will relish the chance to play Athletico Madrid. 

Rob

SixersEagles

[/center]

Zombie Gunn

I thought this thread would be about sex.

Drama Queen

I am genuinely happy for you MDK. I can't even imagine how it feels to follow a team like Fulham and finally see this sort of achievment. In case this sounds like a knock, it isn't anyone can follow the Man U's and the Liverpools and Arsenals, but to standby your team like that through thick and thin and see something liek this happen must be something else entirely.

jagilki

Quote from: Bischoff Russo Gunn on April 30, 2010, 02:38:42 PM
I thought this thread would be about sex.

To brits their team doing good at football is prolly more important than sex.

Adam Wrong

this is actually better than sex

my dad also admitted to me today that was the first time he has cried at football since 1975 when we lost the fa cup final

and yes DQ to go through the thin and be rewaded with the thick end of the wedge is something amazing

Cory

Ill have to admit, I'm hugely impressed.

Huge accomplishment for Fulham, I didn't think they'd get past Wolfsberg.

I hope they beat Madrid, but it's not going to be easy. Aguero/Forlan are clinical finishers, and I was happy to lick the tears of Liverpool fans when Forlan scored last week. Its a shame they played poor in the league, that being why Hodgson won't get the nod.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Rob.B

I'm really hoping that Fulham win the Europa but can't see it happening, I know they've upet the odds in every stage of the competition but they haven't come up against a team of Athletico's quality imo. Aguero and Forlan are going to be difficult for Fulham to complain and I think it'll lead to Athletico winning but I hope Fulham prove me wrong.

RichyRich

Its just a shame Fulham have to play Athetico, well theres always next year  :-\

Flins.

I personally feel that Fulham are the favourites going into this final. But i hope they remain underdogs, seems to bring out the best in them. They have had a better run than Athletico, and beaten better teams than Athletico, both in the league and in europe. Just got my fingers crossed they don't do a Middlesborough.

Rob

Same sort of topic but different team! Palace stayed up! Thank God for that. I didn't go to the game cause I went up to Derby a few weeks ago and thought it would all be decided come the final day of the season (it would've been had we beaten Derby like we should've) but it means so fucking much that Palace will actually be running as a football club next season. Obviously they still need buyers but they're so much more likely to get a buyer in the Championship than in League 1. Still, would've been great to go see Palace vs Millwall, Palace vs Charlton, Palace vs Brighton and Palace vs Bournemouth...
SixersEagles

[/center]

Adam Wrong

Quote from: RichyRich on May 02, 2010, 06:41:43 PM
Its just a shame Fulham have to play Athetico, well theres always next year  :-\
Quote from: Reaper on May 02, 2010, 06:34:50 PM
I'm really hoping that Fulham win the Europa but can't see it happening, I know they've upet the odds in every stage of the competition but they haven't come up against a team of Athletico's quality imo. Aguero and Forlan are going to be difficult for Fulham to complain and I think it'll lead to Athletico winning but I hope Fulham prove me wrong.

Didn't we get told this about Shaktar and their one footed wonder stars? Juve and their aging legacy? Wolfsberg and Dzeko? Hamburg and Ruud and Petric? 

I love the 'threats' of all these teams and their reliance on one player. People are saying we are reliant on Bobby being fit. Gera is the Europa wonder kid, Dempsey has enough class and the midfield is strong enough to run a 4-4-2 with Davies, Murphy, Etuhu (who has really impressed me this season) and Duff in midfield.

Defence we got Baird back so Baird, Hughes, Brede and Konchesky

I'd rather madrid than Liverpoo to be honest

Duckman

Just wanted to add my congrats to Fulham on this unbelievable achievement.

I'll be cheering them on next week!!

Good luck Fulham!!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.