News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

EFK Football Draft Game Thread.

Started by Cory, May 15, 2010, 05:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Ian’s Team...
THE ‘PITCH’ OF WHY THESE MEN LINE UP AS THE BEST TEAM ON THE PITCH!

GK - Peter Schmeichel

I don’t expect many young bucks to know the name Schmeichel, but a few of the older farts like me will. This man without a doubt is the greatest keeper to ever set foot between two posts. Despite the numerous trophies he won with United, despite the fact he was capped an incredible 129 times for his native Denmark including helping them win Euro 1992. For me United have NEVER and will NEVER have a keeper of this quality, in fact I challenge anyone to find me a keeper in the Premiership since its inception that has been more consistent than Schmeichel. I will tell you a story of a fan of this man. I can remember back in the 90s, Newcastle had built an incredible side and under the guise of Geordie retard King Kev were seriously threatening United to win the league. In a famous match that to this day I remember for the two reasons...the first being United had one sniff at goal that from memory Eric Cantona converted from...the other being Les Ferdinand and Alan Shearer BATTERED the United goal for 45 minutes of the match and the man keeping them at bay was this guy. Honestly he put on a goal keeping clinic. Not even Van Der Saar in my mind comes close to the man known as The Great Dane

DR -  Lillian Thuram
Capped 142 times by the French, Thuram is considered by many to be one of the great RBs in the history of the game. Scoring wasn’t his fortay, but strong play down the flank and a gritty determination to win makes him an easy choice for the Ian XI based on complementing with his strong defence stance the pace of the teams LB.

DC - Jamie Carragher
He’s a complete cunt and he is a scouser...and it pains me to say this...but Carragher is a damn fine defender...so good that despite International retirement Fabio Cappello begged him to reconsider for the World Cup.

DC -  Mamadou Sakho

French Youth Captain and one of the rising stars in the game, Sakho has been linked with a move abroad next season. He will learn a lot from Carragher and was a sleeper pick in the round selected by Ian

DL -  Benoît Trémoulinas
From left back finished 3rd in the league in assists...also like Sakho is rumoured to be moving to Italy next season with Juvie being top suitors...young, pacey and a great compliment with Sakho to have a youthful left side of defence.

MR - Cristano Ronaldo

This winking cunt and most expensive player in the world was a tough choice to make...given the way he shafted United in the arse it was hard to do, but you can’t not say this man is a legend in the making. The guy scored plenty of goals for United, is an incredible talent and is doing the same at Madrid

MC - Marek Hamsik
Fast emerging to be the must have centre midfielder of the summer...Hamsik can strike a ball, he can defend well and is a complete player. Reminds me of a young Roy Keane

MC - Bastian Schweitsteiger

Moving this versatile midfielder into the centre of the park was no easy move, but the industrious German in all aspects of European football proved this year why he is the name on the tip of German tongues. If the Germans can pull off another dynasty, Basitan will be key to this. His fiercely loyal disposition means a must have for moral and leadership in the middle of the park. The Ian XI once more will rely on its winger play with Bastian and Hamsik holding the ball in midfield looking to flood the channels where Ronaldo and this man wait...

ML - George Best

He could have 16 beers at half time and still score a hattrick. Legends of him being pissed and scoring goals are more real than folklore and the magician who Ryan Giggs would find himself constantly compared to is a true United legend and the real deal. Controversial on both sides of the wings...these individual talents lay forward for the greatest striking combo in recent memory

FC -  Wayne Rooney

Most complete footballer in the world...best hope of winning the world cup for England and a legend at 24...nough said

FC -  Eric Cantona
Before there was Rooney and also just before United were reliant on the likes of Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke came Kung FU Eric. Took no shit from anyone including faggot based Palace fans and scored goals for fun. A man who retired at the top of his game looking to spring Rooney for those through balls...to help channel the play for Ronaldo and Best on the wings...or just pick it up and do some Eric magic all the way to the back of the net.

Choice is obvious fellas...Ian’s 11
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

Well give MDK till the end of Saturday, ill toss the poll up Sunday.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Adam Wrong

You could have those teams but then again wouldn't you rather back a team who will entertain AND win? That is why MDKFC is finger licking good. Here is why...

GK: Julio Cesar - A man who has been present for all five of Inter's titles, a man who has taken Toldo and Gomes and made them second choice for club and country. A man who no doubt will be classified as one of the greats in the future. Baloon DOr nominee, greatest keeper of 2009. Cracking agility and guile make him ideal for the greatest defence ever.

LB: Roberto Carlos (circa 2001-2004) - Rob's reaction said it all. The greatest left back of all time, the man with 125 caps for Brazil, UEFA team of the year 2 years running, Golden Foot winner and the scorer of THAT free kick against France. Roberto Carlos has a wealth of experience to bring to MDKFC and as long as his shoelaces are tied, he will have no qualms marking anybody out of this game.

CB: Bobby Moore - Another World Cup winner... and this team just gets better doesn't it? A man who could read the game like no other. The dawn of a new breed of defender and a man ahead of his time. What he lacked in pace he made up for in an instinctive knowledge of the game and where the ball was going to be. 2 Assists in the World Cup final, one of the most iconic tackles in the World CUp and you are looking at my captain

CB: Per Mertesacke - 6'6" clean tackling, impressive scoring efficient German. Who better to partner the best of British? Per is going to be up there with the greats in years to come with his clean efficient tackles and being patnered with Mr Moore will teach him a lot.

RB: Gary Neville - PFA Team of the year regular. Mr Reliable and a core part or the Manchester Utd squad. Red Nev is the reason Schmeichel was so good... passionate about his club, I hope he displays that passion for MDKFC

LM - Victor Moses - Pace AND a final product? Tell me it isn't so! Victor Moses is the hottest English prospect in years and now is his chance to prove his worth by being placed into such a stellar squad. Again, Rob can vouch for this man...

AM - Kaka - Quite simply a genius and adds to my attacking options in this solid midfield. Kaka is without question one of the greatest players of all time. Pace skill and a finished product, this Balon D'Or winner deserves better treatment thn this,

CM - Alfredo Di Stefano (Late 1950s Version) - Pwerful, Versatile and vision that was without compare. Double Balon D'or winner and the greatest player to not have played in a world cup. One of Real Madrid's icons and the wall of my midfield!

RM - Luis Figo - 1989 - 2009 - What kudos hasn't been given to this man? He's yet another BallonD'Or winner, part of the Fifa 100, was part of the World Cup All Star team in 2006, player of the year, world player of the year. His vision and workrate was second to none and who else would you like feeding into my strike duo?

ST - Carlos Tevez - Tenacious, pugnacious, vintage Tevez. This man is like a dog with a ball but unlike Theo Walcott who has been classified as that, Tevez is something special and has an end product. Nobody can deny this man's passion for playing football and the man is going to be one of the greats in years to come.

ST - Fernando Morientes - Great in the air, greaat eye for goal, Fernando Morientes is perfect to partner Tevez up front who will provide as well as score meaning the goals will rain in from all over the park. The transfer to Liverpool was bad but then again he was playing for the scouse cunts so who can blame him for not having a good season? You can't deny the man's ability and my Latin flavour football will appeal to anybody as it's attractive and effective.

So there you go, classic formation, focus on the pace of the wings and the strength of my central midfield. Nothing is beating my defence but you cannot deny the calibre of my squad.