News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

T.F.W.F. AND FRIENDS FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE THREAD

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, August 19, 2008, 11:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Here is the table for this week lads.

Team Name Player Weekly Total Total Points

Dramaramarma FC â€" John Fenlon  44 â€" 218

Ink Smashers â€" Gavin Askew 40 â€" 214

Duckman’s Allstars â€" Sam Clarke 47 â€" 212

Cliff Imig Afro FC â€" Aaron Roberts 29 â€" 204

The Outlaws â€" Kirk Powers 57 â€" 188

Juande I’ll Win â€" Dazz Powers 31 â€" 179

Scousers R Villans â€" The Rick 44 â€" 178

Freakchester UTD â€" Mark Reynolds  32 â€" 167

Tenegra Town â€" MDK 41 â€" 166

Robs Premier 11 â€" Rob Hollands 26 â€" 164

Ian Credibles 11 â€" Ian Monks 32 â€" 154

The Bustin DJ’s â€" Dave Johnson 29 â€" 146

House Edge â€" Kenny Hamilton 24 â€" 138

The Last Placers â€" Jag 16 - 118

It's looking like a 4 horse race in the early weeks but these things can swing around over a few weeks.  I'm quite happy with 3rd place at the moment.  Can't believe Torres didn't score against Stoke!  Still, after the weekend I'm thinking a few Man City players might be a good idea.

What's happened to Kenny?  He's supposed to be our footy expert!!  Lol. 

How are you guys feeling about the league so far?

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

The Rick

I've made a few changes for next week now that I've gotten a good idea of who's in form so far. Can't believe I hadn't put Robinho into my starting line up but got some points off Wright-Phillips and Ireland so not all bad. Once again, Liverpool can't put a goal past a lower team. I've given up on Keane and Torres and just going with Cara and Gerrard. Really hoping this pulls off now because I think I've got a good set of players now. Will probably find Keane and Torres get a hat trick each in the next game now I've dropped both of them and Robinho will no doubt end up injured for half the season...

Drama Queen

Shouldn't be complaining, seeing as I'm winning, but DAMN I'm frustrated with Keane. It's just I know the moment I get rid of him, he will start scoring. Like the fricking Berby doll... lost patience with her sitting pretty in white, now she's at Man U and scoring (though not enough tio warrant buying her back methinks).

I love the League because using my one transfer a week is about all I have time for on the internet these days!

Where does everyone go for pre-match info? There's surely a better site than the BBC one?

My wildcard is used up already.

Laurson is my permanent captain... last year I tried alternating it weekly depending on a player's form and opponents that week, but it rarely paid off. Laurson was my best player last year, hands down, I know he won't score big points EVERY week, but they will be double for me when he does, which is pretty damn regularly.

Yeah, Sam, Man City players always seem to be a good bet for some reason. Dunne was phenominal for me last year and Schmeichea when he actually played.

I cannot truly believe that 9000 Americans are doing better than me.... and almost 8000 West Ham fans, that's even more ridiculous :D

The Rick

Quote from: Drama Queen on September 22, 2008, 07:32:49 PM
Shouldn't be complaining, seeing as I'm winning, but DAMN I'm frustrated with Keane. It's just I know the moment I get rid of him, he will start scoring.

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

Drama Queen

Quote from: The Rick on September 23, 2008, 05:37:28 PM
Quote from: Drama Queen on September 22, 2008, 07:32:49 PM
Shouldn't be complaining, seeing as I'm winning, but DAMN I'm frustrated with Keane. It's just I know the moment I get rid of him, he will start scoring.

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

Which part... frustrated with Keane, or that I shouldn't be complaining? :D

Quadzilla

I played my wild card this week and made some major overhauls.

Torres out, Adebayor in being the big one. Also brought in Zaki who should score big points judging on his early form.

Brought in Stephen Ireland, Denilson, Figueroa from Wigan and Petr Cech in goal as he's always a safe bet and Villa concede just as many as they score so Brad Friedel wasn't exactly paying dividends lol.

And for some reason I have 3 Fulham players on the bench... And only Jimmy Bullard is someone who I could live with being in the team every week lol.

Just need Deco back fit ASAP. Or for Lamps, Denilson and Ireland to keep racking up the points.

It's also advisable to anyone with any Pompey goalies or defenders to get rid. Judging by their current form. 10 goals conceded in 2 games, 0 scored. LOL.

Hardly surprising when you rely on tunnel vision Defoe and Crouch to get you goals. :-\

Quote from: Russaholic Ewe-ing on February 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.

Duckman

Defoe has been a decent scorer for me this season so far.  Torres is the problem.  I'm giving him this weekend, after that he's out and I'm giving a Jo a run in the team.

Other than that I think Wigan players are a good bet.  I've got Zaki and Valencia.  Both dirt cheap and racking up points.  Denilson is also having a stormer of a season so far!

All in all I'm pretty pleased with the start I've made, it's going to be a good battle this year.

And again...WTF happened to Monks?  LOL!

Peace

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Adam Wrong

Right I've lost 8 points in doing so but made 3 big changes

I've dropped Hargeaves and Koumas from midfield and lost Harewood from up front

I've replaced them with Denilson, Davies of Bolton and Geovanni of Hull.

I hope they can help out Wright Phillips who has been my rock all season

The Rick

Quote from: M.D.K. on September 25, 2008, 04:20:49 PM
I hope they can help out Wright Phillips who has been my rock all season

SWP has been doing well since going back to City, as soon as he went back I looked to get him onto my team so I could get some more points.

I've dropped both Torres and Keane from my line-up can't believe they only have one league goal between them right now.

Quadzilla

I got rid of Geovanni, he hasn't really scored anything for me so far.

I thought about putting SWP in, but truth be told. He's shit. lol. Can't pass the biscuits, his best position is centrally and I don't know how much longer he'll be playing there for.

But we'll see who's right come May. >:( >:( >:( ;D

By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.

Duckman

Here's the table after this weekends games lads!

Hell of a weekend for my strike force!  How do the rest of you feel the weekend went?  I'm glad I kept faith with Torres and also Zaki who is looking like the buy of the season for Wigan.

1 Duckman's All Stars Sam Clarke    77    289 
2 Dramaramarama F.C. John Fenlon 47    265 
3 Cliff Imig Afro FC Aaron Roberts    49    253 
4 Juande I'll Win Dazz Powers       76    251 
5 Ink Smashers Gavin Askew       36    250 
6 The Outlaws Kirk Powers       52    236 
7 Freakchester Utd Mark Reynolds 59    226 
8 Ian Credibles XI Ian Monks       46    200 
9 Scousers R Villans The Rick            43    197 
10 Robs Premier XI Rob Hollands    30    194 
11 Tenegra Town Danny Tenegra    34    192 
12 The Bustin' DJ's Dave Johnson    34    180 
13 House Edge Kenny Hamilton    41    179 
14 The Last Placers Jeff Gilkison    32    150

Quadzilla

Fucking typical I get rid of both Torres and Geovanni for this week and they both score and end up on winning teams.

But Zaki made up for it a bit. :)

Kenfucius

And it all looked so promising that first week...  I still think my team COULD have been a good shout though, had it not been for half of them ending up injured at once. I swear, I feel like West Ham last year.

The subs I was banking on at least as starters in their respective teams just weren't getting games. That plan has obviously gone to shit.

I've just been so out of it with work and everything else, I haven't really had it on my mind to do anything about it.

HOWEVER

I used my wildcard, changed over half my squad, and I'm feeling much better about the whole thing now.

If nothing else, my defence should be stronger now since I used the relative cheapness of Zaki and Geovanni to help me afford Carragher and Dunne.

I'm going to keep a close eye on Zaki though, since rumour has it that his deal is just a loan, and his previous club want him back.

Oh, and on a side note, any of you boys playing this and not playing my prediction game also stickied on this forum suck the big veiny one, except perhaps DQ, if he's THAT busy.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

There now seems to be more content play in the Monks camp. We were effectively bottom of the league, but now see us moving on up like the Jeffersons. We shall be looking in the future at a couple of Spurs players whom Ramos has drained the life blood out of.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Duckman

All I know is I fucking kick ass this season!!  The trick?  Play your wild card once all the early season news is done.  I changed my whole team just before week one given pre season form, injuries, non moves (Berba) and other factors.

Peace

Duckman