News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Texans Schaub Out

Started by T-Bonizzle, November 14, 2011, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hondo

Quote from: Scott Rage on November 17, 2011, 08:09:07 PM
One thing that's drove me CRAZY this season is the amount of times teams have been forced to go to their back-up QB to start, and they immediately freak out and start reaching out all over the place. I.E. Colts/Kerry Collins; Oakland/Carson Palmer. I take a step back and wonder...what the hell they think the point of having a 2nd and 3rd string QB is. If you don't trust them at all to start a game, why the shit are guys like Curtis Painter and Kyle Boller on the roster in the first place. Let Leinart play, he's your back-up for a reason. Just manage him right. There are alot worse back-ups to have to play for an 'un-determined' amount of time, and the Texans have one of if not thee best Running Back in the league right now, Foster. Give him the game, and he'll win them just like he has been the past few weeks.

And I say this as a Jaguars fan...who, if we had a COUPLE more wins under our belt, I'd be excited at a chance to steal the division. But it's not our's or the Titans to win. It's Texans' to lose. Just coach the change right, and they won't lose it.

Exactly. I've been screaming it for years, if you don't have any faith in your backup, why is he your backup? Most of the time, teams will more or less sign a guy who will play (nay, sit) for the league minimum, just to take up space. They're gambling that their starter won't get hurt or become ineffective. But more often than not, they lose that gamble. Everyone and their bald-headed uncle knows that Kyle Boller sucks. So why Oakland made him their #2 QB is beyond me.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Black Death

up steps T.J Yates

sucks for Leinart he was not doing that bad when he  got hurt . 

Someone put a voodoo curse on the Texans, that got to be it .
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Scott Rage

Well, if they don't want to stick with T.J. Yates, they did just sign Kellen Clemens a week or so ago. The guy never really got a fair shot on the Jets. A solid starter that I think come playoff time would give them a bit of a better chance to make any sort of noise than Yates.

P.S. My Jaguars...are...god...awful

Talon

T.J. Yates... the first UNC Tar Heel Quarterback to ever start an NFL Game...

Ronald Curry DOESNT COUNT lol he moved to WR before he started a game.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Hondo

I'm not sold on Clemens. He had plenty of opportunities to show what he could do when backing up glass-jawed Chad Pennington. And he did almost nothing in that time period. By all accounts he's a swell guy, but he's nothing more than a passable backup who can fill a gap until a better-suited QB can take over.

They've also brought in Jeff Garcia, Brodie Croyle and Trent Edwards in for workouts. Garcia's name jumps out first, but he hasn't played in so long that he's probably not effective anymore. Croyle and Edwards are what they are, low-end QBs who probably won't offer much.

I say roll the dice with Yates. He's been in the system all year, let him try his hand at it. Best case scenario, he keeps the Texans in the playoffs and after the season's over, he'll garner trade interest. Worst case, he washes out and you chalk it up to another low-round pick.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Black Death

Truth , Yates was not a bad college QB,  He did some good stuff at UNC and he did well under Butch Davis' system, only problems was he was inconstant at times. having a great game one week and bad game the next.

so I think he can at least keep them winning , again you got a great running game and a solid defense , He does not have to win just maintain and not make to many mistakes

T-Bonizzle

All the Texans need is someone willing to throw to Andre. They have a solid running game. I read a comment on NFL.com that Leinart just checked down when he was playing. But when Yates took to the field, he threw down the field often enough.

Leinart completed 10 passes for like 50 yards. Yates completed 10 for 80 yards. I think he was a little more effective anyway. Maybe the Texans sign a veteran like Garcia to help out Yates. Garcia has the know how, hopefully Yates has the talent.

Justin

Leinart wanted to play it safe and wanted to make himself look good to show that he was ready to be a starter, hence the reason he checked down with his passes.

Black Death

i watch the game , Leinart was playing it smart , and not forcing the issue which I think was a smart vet thing to do ,  Like I said before  when he got hurt  he was playing a good game and had a pass TD.   Yates gunslinged it little bit when he got in ,  taking a few more chances  than he needed to , but I chalked that up to playing in his first game ,  He settled down as the game wore on .

Quote from: JustinP on November 29, 2011, 11:14:01 AM
Leinart wanted to play it safe and wanted to make himself look good to show that he was ready to be a starter, hence the reason he checked down with his passes.

it a smart thing to do , you got a great running game ... why force passes down the field when  you don't have to .

Black Death

problem is , now I think the Texans are in little more trouble now  than they were before with Leinart out , I like Yates , don't get me wrong, but least Leinart had the pro starter experiences with him, Yates is now the man , not sure how he going to handle that .  they are going to need to head out get a vet to back  him up  if he falters down the stretch, 

hey were David Carr at the moment   lol

Cory

When Garcia came back to help the Eagles like 4 years ago that was a miracle in itself, I highly doubt he has the magic to do it a second time around. That being said, I'd love to see him play again, that ginger fuck.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Justin

Carr is with the Giants.  Just hand the ball off to Arian Foster and they should be okay.  Their defense is stout this year and will keep them in every game.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Its a shame as I actually know a Texans fan through e-wrestling (Jonnah of ex TFWF fame) and I caught him on the weekend actually on MSN and he was damn pissed at what was happening. Shame really because they look a pretty good overall team. I liken them to what could end up going down in Chicago a team that should make the playoffs and do well and now there is a big question mark over them.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Hondo

Luckily for Houston, their only real competition in their division is Tennessee. And even then, they have a two-game edge on em. All Houston has to do is to not go into a nosedive and they're in the playoffs.  If the kid can hand off and pass every so often to take the pressure off, then they're cream cheese.