Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Boy Named Suh...

Started by Talon, November 24, 2011, 09:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

"Son, this world is rough
And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough
And I knew I wouldn't be there to help ya along.
So I give ya that name and I said goodbye
I knew you'd have to get tough or die
And it's the name that helped to make you strong."

He said: "Now you just fought one hell of a fight
And I know you hate me, and you got the right
To kill me now, and I wouldn't blame you if you do.
But ya ought to thank me, before I die,
For the gravel in ya guts and the spit in ya eye
Cause I'm the son-of-a-bitch that named you "Sue.'"

- Johnny Cash

-------------------------------------------------

I'm blaming the song on Suh's wild antics... yep thats the reason.
I think a suspension matching Albert Haynsworth's 3-5 games (when he stopped the Cowboy center's forehead a few years ago) would be acceptable...

Comments?

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Cory

Suh's a fucking beast, poor judgement today, but I'd love to have him on the Eagles. Hes the definition of a monster, real old school player.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

T-Bonizzle

I love his excuse though.

"Why did you smash his head into the ground?"

"Uhhhh I was just trying to get up and his head was in the way"

"okay what about the stomping?"

"Uhhhhh I had mud in my cleat."

Talon

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on November 25, 2011, 02:28:46 AM
I love his excuse though.

"Why did you smash his head into the ground?"

"Uhhhh I was just trying to get up and his head was in the way"

"okay what about the stomping?"

"Uhhhhh I had mud in my cleat."

You forgot the part about "trying to get my balance"

I really didn't mind his "dirty" rep thing until today's play.
My thing is, OK... The Jake Delhomme pre-season massacre was written off as Over Aggressive Rookie, making a name.
The Cutler fine, I didnt see...
The Dalton fine... Really wasn't THAT bad to me, I just thought he got extra punishment because of the "rep"...

But he just pulled a full Marcus Vick this week.  Stomping a guy is dirty, its one thing to be making jabs and breaking fingers in the trenches and in the pileups, but to stomp a guy especially when you have a HUGE target on your back as being "Dirty" its just bad for him and bad for the Lions.  They are putting together a great season, but in the heat of a potential push to make the playoffs for the first time since I was a very small child, he is going to risk a multigame suspension because of a bad lapse of judgement?  COME ON MAN.

Even if it was a bated deal, you gotta have more self control than to give in to the urge to stomp a guys arm.  It just makes any of those weak/questionable "dirty" player accusations all seem legit now.

Its a shame because if he gets suspended the Lions lose one of, if not THE best defensive player on their team in a crucial time.

- Best Town Player 2013
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Hondo

I don't really have a problem with the guy, or with teh Lions in general. It's good to have big, mean guys in the NFL. He's the perfect heel, heh. He's like Michael PS Hayes, making excuses for something that was obviously blatant. Love it.

I like him a whole lot more than some of the bigger whiners in the league, like James Harrison and Ryan Clark.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Talon

I've really grown to like the Lions, I always had the secret underdog fandom for them when I was little right after Barry Sanders retired, and my good friend is from the Motown area and has always been a diehard fan so I have nothing against Detroit, and i don't really dislike Suh, I just thought that this last episode was something that will make me stop liking him.  To me, at least, there is a big difference in ripping a guys head off during a sack and getting stupid after the whistle.

He does make a good heel though, and it brings more attention to the Lions.  I just think from a team aspect, they have to be irate with this move since it could cost him playing time in the stretch run.

Good point with guys like Harrison and Clark though, they aren't my favorite guys.

- Best Town Player 2013
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Justin

While the stomp was a bit overboard, the NFL has become a very very soft league.  I've seen two personal foul penalties (No telling how many I haven't seen) on defensive players because when they hit the quarterback all of their weight fell on top of the QB when the fell to the ground.  How in the hell are you supposed to control that?  It really pisses me off to no end.  This is a sport based on running full speed and hitting someone, but yet there are so many limitations on how you can hit someone.

Talon

oh yeah dude, I've seen some REALLY bad roughing the passer calls on both ends of games where guys get 15 yrds for "blows to the head" and its just a few fingers glancing off the helmet as a guy is batting a pass or getting blocked into the QB.

The only Reason I came down on this post for Suh was the Stomp was just blatantly bad, it just made anyone who called Suh out for being "dirty" sound like everything they said was spot on, even if it isnt.

But yeah the refs have to make some really weak calls on personal fouls, its pretty bad.
Even the "late hits" on out of bounds shots, I've seen some piss poor calls.

- Best Town Player 2013
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

Scott Rage

He's getting a 2 game suspension for the stomp, about what I figured, I probably would have given him 3. I think the reason he's getting the 'dirty player' tag is because he plays so rough for a guy who's only in the middle of his second year. Could be a kind of "SHOW ME SOME RESPECT" thing from the players and press. But Suh is more of a 'fuck off, I'm play football not softball' kinda guy. And I like that.

Just not when he's stomping at people after the play.

Hondo

Heck yeah the league is too soft these days. I'm all for safety, but you can't penalize a guy for a big hit. That's BS.

I was reading a story in the paper today about dirty players now and in the past. They were talking to Matt Millen, and he was talking about playing against Conrad Dobler, who is no doubt the dirtiest player to ever play the game. He said that not only would Dobler stomp, he would bite his opponents, pull their fingers back on their hand, stuff like that. In the fumble pile, he'd grab the guy with the ball's ...well, balls and squeeze until he let go. One time, he even spit on a downed, injured opponent. And he got away with most of it. Millen said had Suh stomped that guy back then, the ref would have just pushed him towards his team's huddle and that would've been the end of it.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I like heel Suh...keep it up STOMPY!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Black Death

I like the guy... He a mean and nasty player , just needs to turn the dial down from 11 to 10 and he will be fine... the league has soften itself a bit, got to know when to pick your shots 

Quote from: JackHondo on November 25, 2011, 08:57:43 PM
I don't really have a problem with the guy, or with teh Lions in general. It's good to have big, mean guys in the NFL. He's the perfect heel, heh. He's like Michael PS Hayes, making excuses for something that was obviously blatant. Love it.

I like him a whole lot more than some of the bigger whiners in the league, like James Harrison and Ryan Clark.

+1  to Hondo ,  who does not love PS hayes 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Justin

He is a perfect fit for the Lions, who've been a team mired in mediocracy for a long time.  His toughness is what they have needed for a long time.