News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

McNabb released...

Started by Midas, December 01, 2011, 04:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midas

He asked for it now he got it...

So lets see if my Bears for one want him and if they are willing to pay 1.5 million for him...

I say go for it and worse case scenario you are back with Hanie is McNabb cannot perform...

Cory

McShit wanted to go to Chicago when he was back in Philly...could work with deep threats like Knox/Hester, but McShit has lost a few steps.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Maz

I love McNaab, but when Philly were forced to let him go, I think it might've killed it all for him. His mechanics are way off with the passes to feets instead of hands. Can zoom a 50-yarder bomb down the field tho ... just need to get those five to seven yard yards when needed.

Someone will pick him up. First in mind would be Arizona ... Kolb ain't lookin too fancy! Plus that's Donovan's home anyhow. Texans was next, but they got Jake Delhomme. Somebody will pick him up and work with him. This might be his last year though unless he goes to a team really needing a veteran QB or something being that there is only 4 weeks left.

Justin

The Bears will pick him up, if not then it will be the Cowboys.

Midas

Quote from: JustinP on December 01, 2011, 06:03:49 PM
The Bears will pick him up, if not then it will be the Cowboys.

Cowboys have a higher waiver priority one article says...

Black Death

it would be nice  if the Cowboys did pick  him up ,  It not going to happen .either Arizona or the Bears

Jay Cuttler is now likely gone for the whole season...
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Midas on December 01, 2011, 06:21:39 PM
Cowboys have a higher waiver priority one article says...

The Bears have the third lowest waiver priority because of where they finished last season I believe only the superbowl teams are below them.

I hope he lands in Chicago, but tactically someone could use the 1.5 million to block the Bears playoff hopes.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Maz

Yah, Mort on ESPN during NFL32 basically said that same thing, Chicago could be the place next for McNaab ... tomorrow we shall see!

J-Reb

I have a hard time thinking Arizona doesn't pick him up--Skelton isn't the answer there and it looks like Kolb is going to be out for a few more weeks; might as well get him healthy because he's the long term guy in Arizona with that ridiculous contract.

T-Bonizzle

Skelton has been solid in Arizona. He's more of an answer than Kolb.

J-Reb

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on December 01, 2011, 09:35:03 PM
Skelton has been solid in Arizona. He's more of an answer than Kolb.

Skelton's last four games:

12-23, 114 yards, 0 TD/2 INT, 57.3 QB Rating
6-19 (31.6%), 99 yards, 0 TD/3 INT, 10.5 QB Rating
21-40, 315 yards, 3 TD/2 INT, 82.8 QB Rating
20-35, 222 yards, 1 TD/0 INT, 86.7 QB Rating

While they have been 3-1 over that stretch, Skelton is certainly not the reason why. I'm not sure "solid" is the word I'd use to describe his play this year. Either way, Arizona is screwed when it comes to QB play and at a bare minimum McNabb will sell a few extra tickets and get to play a few games at home. It's a win/win.

T-Bonizzle

They are winning with him under center. They only had one win under Kolb.

Justin

Quote from: T-Bonizzle on December 02, 2011, 12:22:10 AM
They are winning with him under center. They only had one win under Kolb.

That can be attributed to the team as a whole playing better....not because of Skelton.  He will lose a game for you before he will win it.

Black Death

well , kolb has been reported to ready to play this Sunday.  but I not sure about that. 

now if he does clear waivers than he going to be a bear ... but I think Cowboys will grab him ,  Kitta back is still mess up and he would be nice  back up

Don't think ARI going to pull the trigger
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"