News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

And The Suspensions Are In!

Started by T-Bonizzle, May 02, 2012, 01:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

Oh my. Jonathan Vilma is gone for a year. Scott Fujima, now on the Browns, suspended for 3-games. Anthony Hargrove now on the Packers, is gone for 8 games. Will Smith of the Saints also gone for 4 games.

Ouch. The only thing I'm surprised by, is that there weren't more players suspended. I didn't expect Vilma to get an entire year since he has such a positive reputation around the league.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828cf1cf/article/saints-jonathan-vilma-suspended-for-2012-season?module=HP11_breaking_news

Justin

That's wild.  I was expecting Roman Harper to get suspsended, what with the way he runs rampant all over the field looking to clobber anyone in his way.

The Saints have a tough season ahead of them.

Talon

Quote from: JustinP on May 02, 2012, 01:33:20 PM
That's wild.  I was expecting Roman Harper to get suspsended, what with the way he runs rampant all over the field looking to clobber anyone in his way.

The Saints have a tough season ahead of them.

Roman Harper's cheap shot on Steve Smith (after he had already scored a TD) in the endzone was one I thought they'd point at to link him to the suspensions, but I guess not.

- 2nd Best Overall Player 2013
- Best Town Player 2013
- Best 3rd Party Player 2013
- Best Teammate 2013 (Black Lantern Crew)
- Most Improved 2013

- Best Mafia Game 2014 (Project X Mafia)
- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2014 (Supernatural Mafia)
- 3rd Best Mafia Mod 2014 (Project X & Supernatural)

- 2nd Best Mafia Game 2015 (The Shield Mafia)
- Best Mafia Mod 2015 (The Shield Mafia w/ Pancho)

- Best Mafia Game 2016 (Interstellar)
- Best Overall Player 2016
- Best Mafia Mod 2016
- Best Town Player 2016

JakeV

Quote from: Talon Wilkinson on May 02, 2012, 04:14:03 PM
Roman Harper's cheap shot on Steve Smith (after he had already scored a TD) in the endzone was one I thought they'd point at to link him to the suspensions, but I guess not.

I noticed your Cam avatar, and now you're talking about Smitty... You must be a Panthers fan! Hell yes! I've never ran into another Panthers fan (on the internet) outside of the Panthers forum I frequent. That's awesome.

Also, the Saints suck.

Believe!

JakeV

Believe!

SPDougie

I think the Saints absolutely lucked out on this since reports were that 20-22 players were involved, and only two of the suspended currently play for the Saints.  Don't really think they'll feel the Vilma suspension all that much either since they signed ILB Curtis Lofton during the free agency period since they knew Vilma was gonna be sacrificed.  Have a feeling that the appeals process is going to take a while now.

Cory

Quote from: SPDougie on May 02, 2012, 06:35:15 PM
I think the Saints absolutely lucked out on this since reports were that 20-22 players were involved, and only two of the suspended currently play for the Saints.  Don't really think they'll feel the Vilma suspension all that much either since they signed ILB Curtis Lofton during the free agency period since they knew Vilma was gonna be sacrificed.  Have a feeling that the appeals process is going to take a while now.

^^ This.

I think incredibly harsh for Vilma. I think half a season would be fair punishment enough, a full year for something many others participated in? C'mon man [/keyshawn johnson voice]

Anyways, fuck the 'aints.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

SPDougie

Quote from: Cory on May 03, 2012, 12:39:23 AM
^^ This.

I think incredibly harsh for Vilma. I think half a season would be fair punishment enough, a full year for something many others participated in? C'mon man [/keyshawn johnson voice]

Anyways, fuck the 'aints.

Lol yeah I can agree with that.  What will really decide on Vilma's suspension is who ends up being the arbiter of the case.  If it's Goddell ruling on his own suspensions I don't see anything being changed, but it could lead to litigation and a federal judge deciding.  I think they should just let a third party rule on the appeal and no matter what happens everyone can come out of it saying that at least the ruling was fair.

Cory

I believe Vilma (as well as the other Saints players) can appeal their suspension.

And again, fuck the saints. I hope Vilma is out the whole year so even with Lofton, they end up missing a big piece of their defense. Plus got word on Twitter that all of the suspensions are in effect still when the 'Aints play the Eagles so hoping for a big win there.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE