News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Fantasy Football

Started by Mark Mania, August 19, 2010, 09:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Mania

I have my draft this afternoon, I have the 6th overall pick. From what I've heard, this is how the first 5 picks are going...

Chris Johnson
Adrian Peterson
Maurice Jones-Drew
Ray Rice
Frank Gore

Personally, I was hoping for Ray Rice but it's not looking good for me, so who is a good option?

Steve Jackson
DeAngelo Williams
Michael Turner
Jonathan Stewart

Or should I just say F it, get Andre Johnson and worry about an RB when it comes back to me?

Decisions, decisions!

FXBlade

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Mark Mania

I had Steven Jackson last year, and while he was very consistent in terms of yardage, he couldn't score a fucking touchdown for the life of him...I'm looking towards Turner since Williams and Stewart will be sharing the duties in Carolina.

Cory

If avialable, take Aaron Rogers or Drew Brees before Turner/Jackson.

Midas

Quote from: Mark "Geezer" Mania on August 19, 2010, 09:58:04 AM
I have my draft this afternoon, I have the 6th overall pick. From what I've heard, this is how the first 5 picks are going...

Chris Johnson
Adrian Peterson
Maurice Jones-Drew
Ray Rice
Frank Gore

Personally, I was hoping for Ray Rice but it's not looking good for me, so who is a good option?

Steve Jackson
DeAngelo Williams
Michael Turner
Jonathan Stewart

Or should I just say F it, get Andre Johnson and worry about an RB when it comes back to me?

Decisions, decisions!

I drafted SIX in my live draft and to be honest with all the hype that is going on with Turner he went Fifth and I took Gore so dont be surpirsed is Gore skips to 6th...

Mark Mania

It would be great if Gore or anyone else would fall to me.

The thing with taking a QB with the first pick is that it's an 8 man league, so I have pick 6 and 11. So I'm thinking I can either get a Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, or Matt Schaub with my second pick... or a top flight WR like Johnson or Moss.

Midas

Quote from: Mark "Geezer" Mania on August 19, 2010, 12:17:45 PM
It would be great if Gore or anyone else would fall to me.

The thing with taking a QB with the first pick is that it's an 8 man league, so I have pick 6 and 11. So I'm thinking I can either get a Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, or Matt Schaub with my second pick... or a top flight WR like Johnson or Moss.

I am in a ten person league and I drafted six and picked up Gore round one and Schuab round three...

It went like this:

1) Chris Johnson
2) Adrian Peterson
3) Michael Turner
4) Maurice Jones Drew
5) Ray Rice
6) Frank Gore
7) Aaron Rodgers
8) Drew Brees
9) Andre Johnson
10) Payton Manning
11) Rashard Mendenhall
12) Ryan Matthews
13) Steven Jackson
14) Ryan Grant
15) Cedric Benson
16) Tony Romo
17) Larry Fitzgerald
18) Phillip Rivers
19) Shonn Greene
20) Joe Flacco
21) Rnady Moss
22) Reggie Wayne
23) Miles Austin
24) Jamaal Charles
25) Pierre Thomas
26) Matt Shaub
27) Joesph Addai
28) Deangelo Williams
29) Tom Brady
30) Calvin Johnson

Mind you, you might have more football savy people but the guys I drafted with all seem to know their stuff...I think most people drafting want to pick up two quality RB  the first two rounds as I learned that from talking to people and actually from comments made during the draft here... As you can see Deangelo williams who is on your list to go round one got picked round 3 in the live draft I had...

When my live draft came I realized that with that time clock clicking and the list of players right infront of you, the casual fan tends to pick using the list more then their own research so I would look at the list of QB available and how they are ranked and if you get the feeling Schuab wont be there in the third round then scoop him up in the second but base it all on feelings as during my draft I took a few risks and it paid off... On that same note if you can get rodgers or brees second round then go for it but I feel that the late rounders of round one will atleast try to scoop up a top notch QB as they know it is a snake draft and they will be able to get a quaility RB with the second round...

Mark Mania

I'd love to get Schaub in the third round, him and Andre Johnson are a match made in heaven.

I'll pray that Steven Jackson slips in my league like he did in yours and I could get him at 11.

We'll see what happens... Damn you fantasy football!

The Dudester

At pick 6, you really can't go wrong. Turner is gonna get the points, probably a better pick than Jackson. Jackson has injury history and he's got a shit line to run with. Turner.. he's the man in ATL.

Andrew Johnson though... he's a freak of nature and a beast in Fantasy.

But if you look at the last years scoring... the top 9 point getters has 7QB's. (Chris Johnson and AP were the two RB's). It all depends on what strategy you are taking into this years draft.

Alot of people are stuck 100% on the "You must have top notch RB's to win",, but thats not quite true as it was 2-3 years back. More running by commitee is going on and the NFL on the whole is trending to more air attack than ground base. (The last 3 years have shown this). A top 7 QB Qb, 1 top end RB and 2 top end WR's (RB, Qb, WR, WR)is enough of a 4 round start to have you sitting as pretty as someone grabbing 2-3 RB's out the gate, and entirely possible as the theme of old schooler mentality is RB, RB, WR, QB.

Cory

Heres another good way to put it, QBs and RBs get the same poiints for touchdowns.

How many times will Turner get 3 TD's a game? maybe once a season.

How many times will Brees get 3 TD's a game? 3-5 times.

Mark Mania

I ended up getting Turner in the first, Ryan Grant in the second, and Matt Schaub in the third... Good stuff.

The Dudester

Nice start right there. Im not a big fan of Grant, but he's a solid RB to give ya a good 9-12 pts on a weekly avg.