News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Batman 3

Started by Demonology, December 16, 2008, 05:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demonology

Okay, being a comic based movie fan, I've been thinking about this for the last few days.

Possible character for Batman 3, and who would you cast?

Robin: Shia LaBeouf
The Riddler: Jude Law
Mr. Freeze: Ben Kingsley
The Penguin: Mike Myers
Catwoman: Catherine Zeta-Jones
Poison Ivy: Milla Jovovich
Clayface: Ron Perlman
Solomon Grundy: Jason Statham
The Ventriloquist\Scarface: John Hurt
Manbat\Kirk Langstrom: John Hannah (An unlikely character, but I thought I'd throw him in there)

Tim-Æ

Quote from: Demonology on December 16, 2008, 05:53:56 AM
Okay, being a comic based movie fan, I've been thinking about this for the last few days.

Manbat\Kirk Langstrom: John Hannah (An unlikely character, but I thought I'd throw him in there)

I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. No offense, but I disagree with all of those casting suggestions. Don't get butt hurt about t, but I just feel that any one of those actors would take all of the hard work that Nolan and Co. have put into the first two and destroy it all. He doesn't cast Hollywood blockbuster actors. I think the only modest choice for the third one is Phillip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin, but I don't think that'll happen. PSH is too Oscar grubby at this point in his career. Still a great actor.

we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I hope if they do a third one its amazing.

Triple B

Quote from: Demonology on December 16, 2008, 05:53:56 AM

Well... first off... I think this current Batman run is a LITTLE more in reality.  So...

We can eliminate Manbat, Clayface (any version other than the original), Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze.

I think we can also eliminate Robin, as he's a little bitch.  And, I don't think it would fit in very well with teh current line they're doing.

That leaves us with Riddler, Penguin, Scarface, Catwoman and one you forgot... Bane.

Riddler would be perfect being either Johnny Depp or Robert Downey, Jr.

Penguin would almost HAVE to he Phillip Seymor Hoffman.

Scarface could be done, if it was another loony similar to Joker.  I would say someone along the lines of...  the guy I can't remember his name of.  He played the Prime Minister in V for Vendetta and was in the Indiana Jones movie.

Catwoman?  Angelina Jolie would be a decent pick.

And Bane.  Bane would be.......... Vinnie Jones.

Now, you have to look at which of these people would be plausible.  I think that either Riddler for the mental advesary, or Bane as someone wanting to test their medal against Batman in physical contests would be your best two picks.  Both of them are people who have defeated Batman on different planes, and would be great advisaries, now that we can't have Joker come back.  Because... anyone that played Joker would be horrible compared to Heath's version.  It was brilliant.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

James Onlee

I personally think that it is going to be cat woman, and maybe the riddler thrown in as they did with two face in the Dark Knight.  I think the one line where Batman asks Lucious how the new armor would hold against dogs he said it should be fine against cats.  I think that's just too obvious that it has to be her.  Almost as obvious as the Joker card at the end of Begins.  Riddler could be good, given that it isn't near as campy as Batman Forever i think it was.  I mean they really need to stick with someone out of the blue like Ledger was with Joker.  Jolie might be able to do catwoman, but as sultry as she is, I believe that the villains need to be super dark as they have been.  I don't know that she could get that dark of a character. 

Now for a character like Bane, I think it could be done, but it wouldve had to be done before the Joker.  After what Ledger did for this series, what ever villain and whomever they cast has to step their game up a shit ton to even compare or else alot of people are going to feel let down. 

For possible villains to join this movie, I could possibly see someone like Black Mask, Deadshot, Harley Quinn.

Deadshot would fit into the whole thing that batman refuses to kill.

Harley would fit obviously because she had a thing with the Joker.

Black Mask hates Bruce Wayne and could try attacking him more than Batman. 

Either way, it's going to be a tall order for anyone to fill.  Riddler would be my pick, if done right.

TheNthDegree

I'd think Bob Hoskins would make a great Penguin, personally. Though Phillip Seymour Hoffman would rock too. Anything Phillip Seymour Hoffman does is amazing.

A couple people have mentioned John Hurt in various roles, but I also think William Hurt does villains amazingly. I think he'd make a decent Riddler and on the topic of Deadshot - a TERRIFIC Deadshot, even though he is a little old for the part.

Black Death

it more of the story then the villians , if  depends on the stories  he wants to mine from batman lore .  yes catwoman can work ,  two people leading two different lives trying to hide it from each other.  Ridder has always been little dark in the comics  dark and twisted  so yeah after grossing over 1 billion worldwide , you know part 3 is coming it just  matter of when
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Demonology

I don't think Bane would work unless they used the Knightfall story in which case you'd have to bring in Azrael. A doubtful scenario.

I agree catwoman would be a good choice, BUT... It would be pretty difficult to pull off well. As would Penguin.
FYI I realize Manbat and Clayface brobably wouldn't make the list, but I figured I'd toss the names in the hat.

I think Freeze or Ivy could be done, as long as they're not so over the top. But my personal picks would be Riddler, Scarface, and\or Grundy. They could all be done really well and realistically.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I dont know shit about comics, but I would guess they will stick with main characters. So for me that leaves either Penguin or Catwoman for me.

Catwoman = Angelina Jolie

Penguin = Kevin Spacey
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jack Kaiser

Crispin Glover could make a good Riddler.  I also agree with Bob Hoskins playing Penguin.

I don't think you necessarily need to do the Knightfall storyline in order to bring in Bane.  It would be hard to do the whole thing right within two and a half hours plus it would just end up being Batman vs Azrael rather than Batman vs Bane.  Just don't make him some mindless bodyguard.  Have Bane be the brains of the operation.  Also, Vinnie Jones would make an AWESOME Bane.

James Onlee

Something I just found out which could play something of a part in Batman 3 would be Mr. Zsasz.  Apparently he had a bit part in Batman Begins where he was locked up due to Crane's testimony, and then a promotional site later said that Zsasz was "still at large" after he was released with the rest of the criminals from Arkham to run wild over the city.  That could be a hell of a villain.  A masochistic serial killer could be amazing.

Also for the riddler, I found this:  Director Christopher Nolan took the helm as director of the new Batman franchise with the 2005 film Batman Begins. In The Gotham Times, a viral marketing website promoting the 2008 film The Dark Knight, Edward Nashton, an alias of The Riddler, is credited for a letter to the editor titled "Dent Cannot Be Believed" in Issue 2 page 2.

Gary

Tim suggested Guy Pierce once for the Riddler and I have to agree, he would so own that role.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Quadzilla

Jason Statham in any role would be make scream like a lady. :D :D :D

THE STATH!!!!! 8)

Quote from: Russaholic Ewe-ing on February 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.

Duckman

The Sun newspaper over here (which is known for printing complete lies, so take this with a pinch of salt) has reported today that Eddie Murphy will play The Riddler with Shia Lebouf playing Robin and Rachel Weisz as Catwoman in Batman 3:  Gotham.

If that's true, that is the most shit piece of casting they could have possibly done.  Eddie Murphy is not a good actor, or funny, or suitable for a franchise like this.

If it's not true, then the Sun are just dicks.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Tim-Æ

i'm gonna go with the Sun being dicks. Christopher Nolan has been reported as saying he is still unsure if he'll do another one. He's not contracted to do another one, and TDK exceeded all expectations that people had. As of right now all that's been done is him taking notes and writing down ideas. Script hasn't even been written yet, and that'll come before any casting decisions have been made.

I honestly think Nolan is going to find it too difficult to follow up, and then someone else will take over the series. And ruin it. 

Kendell Smith

Has to be bollox. Christian Bale said he wouldn't do a batman movie if it involved Robin as a character.