News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Bruno....wow

Started by Cory, July 10, 2009, 04:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

TBH, the British accent gives me a headache after a while.

I was living in Northern London for a month or so when I was over there for football, and god damnit, to a foreigner it can make your head ring. Two American girls that were boarding in the room over said the same thing.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Adam Wrong

american girls still give boob to brits

could be worse it could be a scouse accent...

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on July 10, 2009, 07:57:24 PM
TBH, the British accent gives me a headache after a while.

I was living in Northern London for a month or so when I was over there for football, and god damnit, to a foreigner it can make your head ring. Two American girls that were boarding in the room over said the same thing.

Which ironically is what a lot of Brits say about whiney American accents and mildly retarded sounding Canadian ones. Funny how its on both sides of the pond.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

Oh I completely expect that, different cultures so to speak. Lucky I dont have the sterotypical Canadian accent....which is basically only found in the west (Alberta). But I think we could all agree the worst North American (English) accent is a Boston accent. Gawwd. Hideous. ala JFK & Mayor Quinby from Simpsons.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Lol, this is getting worse!

A good friend of mine has a Boston accent as she sounds hot with it. But its horses for courses I guess lol
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

chunkylover

Isn't Loyd Grossman a Boston Accent?

Cory

Alex Smiley

Cory, the Canadian; Tim, the American; they are....

...the "I Hate Movies" Club

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Jonny Worldbeater

Caught some of the trailers for this movie. Not too keen to see it, but I'll say one thing for it: Sacha Baron Cohen is a ballsy fuckin' dude for some of the shit he pulls.

Cory

I really want someone else to see this, so they see where im coming from. I know if Tim see's it, he'll bash the living fuck out of it.

marksus

Quote from: M.D.Kinky on July 10, 2009, 07:51:13 PM
Watch Scum

Carlin: Where's ya tool?
Baldy: What f*@#&%' tool?
Carlin: This f*@#&%' tool!
[Carlin slips bar out of his sleeve and hits Baldy with it]

Tim-Æ

Well.....surprise surprise, I actually liked it. But for a number of reasons.

1. Its very in your face as far as the homosexuality. It doesn't censor itself, and this is a mockumentary about how the US (and the world at times) perceives gay people. If you maintain that idea throughout the film, its actually very ground breaking. But Cohen doesn't want you to remember that, he shoves cock in your face to break your concentration.

2. Its over the top. Completely. I'll agree that its very evident that its staged, but at the same time, I have to applaud the actors for keeping straight faces for most of it. Some of the acting was bad, but that's expected in a mockumentary styled film. This movie is meant to shock you, and I think it does that well for the masses who have not yet seen something push the boundaries.

3. The awkwardness makes it hilarious. Especially the hunting scene. I don't think this is "british" humor to be honest, its nothing like Monty Python or any other popular british genre. This is American satire, in the same vein as Stephen Colbert. Its taking a character that crawls under your skin with awkwardness and burrows into the role so well that you believe he is who he is. Bruno will be offensive to 75% of the people that watch it. But the offensiveness isn't what's funny to me (at least not the most funny) its the awkwardness and tension in scenes with him and the uncomfortable people that he's around. Telling a pastor that he has the perfect "blow job lips" is funny to me, because of the awkwardness.

I think overall it was a very entertaining movie, it's by no means a classic, but it will have most people rolling. It pushes the boundaries and is way funnier than some of the other shit I've seen - Year One, Transformers 2 - and it stands out as being one of those comedies that you only need to see once. It's purpose is to offend and shock, but also throws in a subtle social message about how we as people respond to homosexuality.

I'd give it a B, maybe a B+.

Laura

Quote from: Cory on July 11, 2009, 12:28:23 AM
I really want someone else to see this, so they see where im coming from. I know if Tim see's it, he'll bash the living fuck out of it.

Wrong again!!!!!!!

This topic has not been your strong point Cory, haha. :P

chunkylover

Quote from: Legion on July 10, 2009, 11:24:25 PM
Cory, the Canadian; Tim, the American; they are....

...the "I Hate Movies" Club

Statler and Waldorf.

Cory