News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Bruno....wow

Started by Cory, July 10, 2009, 04:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Just got back from seeing it. It is NOT A BRITISH COMEDY its a bloke who is British doing a satirical character. The joke and I think it would go over Cory's head or better yet not be his sort of humour because of what type of guy he is. Cory potrays himself as a macho kind of guy on here, given that I would say his humour then of seeing some dude be overtly homosexual for 1 hour and 30 minutes wouldnt be his cup of tea. To me its funny because he plays on all the insecurities of overtly homophobic macho individuals and exploits them for laughs in the movie. Every situation Bruno finds himself in plays on this whether its pushing the homophobic button or in one scene a race button.

Targets include

- Idiotic Rednecks
- Stupid Springer type audiences
- Right wing religious groups
- Hetrosexual swingers
- White Middle class American focus groups

to name a few. Thats the joke...you either like that or you dont. Its not Borat and shouldnt be compared as such as both deal with two completely different approaches. It certainly shouldnt be compared to Hot Fuzz in the slightest...

Quite funny and very watachable.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Adam Wrong

see somebody i know who is quite chavvy posted their opinion on facebook saying simply that it was shit because he's gay... I do think it's how your mindset it with regards to homosexuals

Marq

Anyone who says there was too much gay stuff in the movie (and there's a LOT of 'em, apparently) doesn't understand the simplest and most basic point of the movie.

And I love how sooooo many people are hung up on the "gayness" of the movie (someone I know even said it was nothing but gay-bashing, haha), that they forget some of the other stuff Sacha Baron Cohen lampooned -- the fashion industry, celebrity culture, and the thing that got to ME, at least -- the mom who was willing to make her baby lose ten lbs. to participate in a crucifixion-themed photo shoot.

The MMA event at the end is the ultimate collection of the most ignorant bigots I've ever seen in my life. The idiot pounding his head with his fists, trying to look macho, only to start crying at the end 'cause he sees two dudes kissing was GOLD.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Jennifer

Quote from: Marq on July 11, 2009, 02:56:32 PM
The MMA event at the end is the ultimate collection of the most ignorant bigots I've ever seen in my life. The idiot pounding his head with his fists, trying to look macho, only to start crying at the end 'cause he sees two dudes kissing was GOLD.

This probably explains exactly why Cory didn't like it.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

chunkylover

Quote from: Speedy on July 11, 2009, 03:23:03 PM

He was probably in it...

Laura

After reading this topic, I REALLY wanna see this movie now.

jagilki

Quote from: Speedy on July 11, 2009, 03:23:03 PM

Beat me to it.

Adam Wrong

I love the line I read where he says about the dream of every austrian is to settle down, get a basement and raise a family in it

chunkylover

Lol.
Second best fritzel joke

(FYI, the best was this fathers day, the fathers day book section in tesco featured the Fritzel biography. I loled in the store)

Cory

It was a decent part, the thing that ruined it was that it was sooo staged. If that were real, they wouldnt be alive today...there is a cage door that they could have gone to.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Just saw it tonight, it was fucking Hilarious.  The Swingers party was definitely the best part of the movie.
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Jimmy Chisel

http://tinyurl.com/n9a8f8  my friend just tweeted this, it is from a local cinema.

Laura

I know that cinema! I go by it every time I'm in Navan (which is regularly!)...that is brilliant.

Cory

Quote from: Sir Ian Trumps on July 11, 2009, 11:07:35 AM
to name a few. Thats the joke...you either like that or you dont. Its not Borat and shouldnt be compared as such as both deal with two completely different approaches. It certainly shouldnt be compared to Hot Fuzz in the slightest...

For the record, I only compared it with Hot Fuzz, based on the premise that it was a movie that had a lot of hype and a lot of people (friends included) that said it was an awesome comedy, and I hated it.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

chunkylover

how could you hate Hot Fuzz?