News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry McClean

Big congrats! Really, really well done.

I'm going to try and use you as inspiration in the new year :)

Gary

trust me..lots of hard work but so worth it.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Gary

First phase of p90x done, 60 more days to go, still no noticeable changes except my calves, arms and shoulders, plus some definite muscle right next to where the abs go, but tummy sort of looks the same as when I began. They say this program truly explodes on you in the last 30 days, so lets see how it goes.

[/center]

Drama Queen

I'm pretty much noticing the same things as you right now. I am more concerned now with trying to improve at each workout. I have come such a long way with the ab ripper, seeing as we do that three times a week. The yoga is the toughest one for me to improve at.

Are you doing the nuitrition part as well Gary? I find it a bit ambitious, I am trying to use a common sense approach, one that does not involve much cooking lol.

Gary

Not really, just kept doing the low cal diet I was doing earlier. If it fucks me up, then what can I do? lol

[/center]

Jerry McClean

Out of interest Gary. How are you planning on dealing with Christmas period? Are you writing off a couple of days or still trying to keep calories down as much as you can?

Gary

Well the 24th, 31st are my 2 cheat days (always good to have those) apart from that still low cal..although im not as strict as before, I am officially skinny just toning up the body now.

In clothing news I went from a size 40 to a size 34 in pants.

[/center]

Gary

Upper abs are starting to show, very noticeable after working out, they fade after a while but they seem to be lasting more and more after a workout to say I am excited and even more motivated is an understatement.

[/center]

Drama Queen

Heh, yeah, getting there too.... already thinking of getting one of those UnderArmour shirts two sizes to small for me  ;D

Gary

AB ripper is my bitch now. Go do it Jack, then you can join in the facebook convos me and DQ have.

[/center]

Gary

Remember first few weeks isn't about the numbers its about at least attempting them and seeing how good you do, then worry about it.

[/center]

Drama Queen

I found Plyo very frustrating at first because I can play a full game of soccer and therefor consider myself to be in decent shape... this is a WHOLE nother level!

And I considered myself reasonably flexible and balanced until I tried Yoga X lol.

The beautiful thing is seeing the improvements each time.

Gary

I agree, even better when one excercise at the start gave you loads of trouble, and then half way through you can do it without a hitch.

[/center]

Alex Smiley

Well, it's a new year which means a new chance to actually get some sort of program going. Within the next week I'm looking to set something up that involves the usual (reducing of calories, etc.), but I have a nice little supplement to my daily exercise: in addition to the usual routine and small runs I look to be doing, I will be making the most of the new Kinect I got for Christmas. I know that sounds kinda silly, but the games I got with it are pretty good for small activity at least: The Biggest Loser Workout Challenge (shaddup, lol) as a major component in that, and Kinect Adventures and some dance game as little extras.

All in all, I'm looking forward to actually going through with things this time.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

FXBlade

Started my New Year fitness regime yesterday.

I weigh in at about 24st at the moment, but at 6'4 I carry it.  Alot is due to the steroids I have been on for 18 months now, but need them to get better.

Before I was ill I was a 38"w and wearing L/XL shirts.  Now I am a 44"w 3XL.

My Mrs is a fitness instructor, so she has set me a plan at the gym and will change it as and when she can.

I hate what I am now, but half of it was down to ill health, but I need to change myself because I already have one daughter and have another one due in April.

Serious changes, although i cant do alot of weights due to the chest surgery I had in May '10

Will post pics and updates when I can, but its all cardio for me (pretty much)

My diet has already changed and starting to feel better.  No smokes, no beer.