News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama Queen

Yoga is my favorite, but sometimes it's a daunting prospect because it can be hard to squeeze 90mins into your daily routine. I have switched things around so that Yoga day falls on Sundy now, but even yesterday I between school reports, building pinewood derby cars and hiking with my kid I didn't get it done by 9pm and I really try to avoid working out that late because it makes me to jacked up to sleep. So I ended up setting my alarm and did it at 3am this morning. That works with some workouts, but I discovered that for Yoga you can be way to stiff when you just wake up and also the house is cold, not ideal environment for stretching exercises.

But all in all it's my favorite, I've always been a fan of flexibility and it was the one I thought would be hardest to get the hang of, yet it's the one I show most improvement in each time.

Gary, plyo is deceiving... it seems like a cardio routine, but your legs will give out long before your lungs do....lol. Like I said on FB, some of those leaping lateral leapfrog lunges or whatever sound like a luchadors finishing move ;D And yeah, I've botched some of them worse than Sin Cara :-[

TyTy are you talking about getting in on P90X or the whole fitness thing in general?

Gary

Oh I KNOW plyo is gonna kick my ass! But I really want to go all out for phase 3.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

T-Bonizzle

Trying to get into a routine. I have on demand fitness videos (hehe) so I've been doing some of the basic ones every other night, and then started beginner Yoga for the other every other night set. I'm dripping in sweat now, so maybe it's a good thing. Though I've seemed to gain 3 or 4 pounds since I started at the beginning of the week, so IDK if that's supposed to happen or the scale was broken.

I'm not where I want to be weight wise, or fitness wise, it's just hard to get into a routine. So I dunno...

Drama Queen

I seem to have the opposite problem than most folks. I weight to little. My exercise part is fine, my diet change has been to severe perhaps. I'm eating healthier foods, but apparantly not enough? I don't know. I do NOT need to be losing weight.

Justin

Quote from: Drama Queen on January 10, 2012, 04:39:56 AM
I seem to have the opposite problem than most folks. I weight to little. My exercise part is fine, my diet change has been to severe perhaps. I'm eating healthier foods, but apparantly not enough? I don't know. I do NOT need to be losing weight.

You can gain weight by eating healthier foods, you just need to eat more calories than you burn and specifically you need a nice sized portion of protein every day.

Drama Queen

Quote from: JustinP on January 10, 2012, 02:32:57 PM
You can gain weight by eating healthier foods, you just need to eat more calories than you burn and specifically you need a nice sized portion of protein every day.

Oh protein I am not lacking. If anything I have probably added to much to quickly and can never stop farting. I am getting heart-burn the last couple of days as well, I need to try and pinpoint what's causing it and weed it out.

Jack, maybe redo this week, but at the same time, I would stress that I felt like I half-assed some of the routines the first couple of times, yet then the next day I still started feeling it. The first week for me was about getting the form. Hell even now there are one or two exercises I'll be doing when I suddenly look-up at the screen or hear Tony Horton saying something and realise I was not doing it 100% correctly all this time, or that if I tweak it I can get much more from it.

All in all, I think what you are doing in the later weeks are going to be more of a factor in the results than what you did in week 1. (Aside from skipping routines, that's different of course... I sometimes rotate my rest day depending on my schedule and I add stretch and/or cardio in as a bonus work-out on weekends.)

Drama Queen

Yeah, it's a dilemma figuring out when to do my workout... if I leave it to late, then I am to jacked up to sleep afterwards... if I set my alarm to do it early in the morning I am not as effective. But yeah I have been going to bed earlier and I'm still crashing and burning at work at around the 1-2pm mark.

T-Bonizzle

So my friend was telling me that p90x isn't that difficult. What do those of you who do it think?

He was also telling me that you were supposed to use some supplement thing with the program. True or not?

Gary

It isn't hard, but it will kick your ass if you aren't ready. You just need to the discipline to follow it through. As for supplements, I dont take any. Don't know how that has slowed down my progress.

[/center]

Drama Queen

Well they market the shit out of the supplement, they want you to think you need it, but you know, how much can you believe someone who is making all of the profit out of what they advise you to do?

I do personally have a recovery drink after each workout. I eat a protein bar most days. Neither of which are P90X brand, so I am probably n ot benefitting from them :-p

Gary

I just drink water, shower and eat to recover. Seems to work for me lol

[/center]

Gary

Personally if halfway through most of the p90x workouts I'm not drenched in sweat and taking at least a 30 second break, I feel I haven't brought it my all.

[/center]

Drama Queen

There are so many levels of bringing it, that those who say it's easy, simply aren't.

Even the ab ripper, most exercises can be tweaked by raising hands in the air, keeping legs straiter, feet higher etc.

Anyway my stomach issues are not resolving themselves so I'm going to see a doctor and take a few days break. I'll probably restart the week I was on (week 2 of phase 2) or maybe start phase 2 again, depending on how many days I miss. Ugh!

Gary

So yeah..plyometrics.. WOW! Ass totally kicked even after 2 months of intense p90x. LOVE IT!

[/center]

Gary

Go get moving you fat bastard.

[/center]