News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorling

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on June 16, 2012, 03:51:47 PM
Canton Ohio Half Marathon tomorrow. Big test. Don't feel ready. 13 miles is gonna suck after all the beer I drank yesterday. But this needs to happen. Lets go!

Don't envy you mate, the half marathon I did was one of the worst experiences of my adult life. If I hadn't hurt my ankle playing badminton just a few days before it might have been better, but 13 miles almost killed me.

In better news, after a weekend camping at a cider festival, I did a couple of yoga routines last night that kicked my ass and made me feel a lot better.

Doug E Fresh

Unfortunately I didn't end up running the half. I chicken shitted out of it when my boss offered me a spot on his relay team so I only did the 6.6 mile stretch of the 5 person relay. Pissed at myself but I also made the choice for ass kissing work reasons.

Which means training starts now for the Akron Half Marathon in September.

Callahan

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on May 25, 2012, 10:49:25 AM
Did MMA for the first time today along with some boxing. Wow that felt great!

I've been boxing three times a week for about a month now and I can fully reinforce this.

There's nothing more satisfying than landing a good straight left (southpaw baby ;D) into someone's mouth when you're in your stance and fired up, ready to go.

Progress has been rapid these past two weeks since I've stopped eating shit when I don't need to. Usually the summer (and other extended periods of time when I'm jobless and out of education) is where I fall off the wagon but I've dropped a stone (fourteen pounds) in the past two weeks.

How? Eating decently (not fantastic, I'm not a five fruit and veg a day man) but not horrendously and epic (for me, comparatively) amounts of exercise. Three hourly sessions of boxing a week plus High Intensity Jump Rope circuits (three minutes on, one minute off, five times) on my off-days is shredding weight like you would not believe.

When I'm down to a comfortable, athletic weight I'm going to begin parkour training. I've had friends that were free runners since way before John Morrison and have always been amazed by it. Thus, I want to learn.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

To update my running to date as I am still going...

MAY: 39.11 MILES IN MAY

JUNE: 25.45 MILES IN JUNE

JULY SO FAR: 25.25

TOTAL FAT MAN RUNNING: 89.81

Not really losing much in the term of weight, but seem to be losing inches...like I seem more slim line. Feel fitter and also started lifting some weights again. Biggest concern for me is I know if I get too much into weights I will be off the running, onto the weights and the other stuff that goes with weights...so concentrated on the running mostly.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Justin

It's always good to do cardio work before you lift weights, that way your body is good and warmed for the weights.  Also, only lift weights like three times a week and the days you don't you can get your good cardio in.  That's how you can balance the two.

Dorling

10 days into my 30 day DDP Yoga challenge - lost about 7 pounds and feeling pretty good for it so far.

Hurricane Jeff

I started doing DDP Yoga back in April/May after hearing about it during some sort of podcast. Was able to find a torrent with a couple of video's. Ended up not doing it in the month of June due to buying a house and moving in and not having any time for it. DDP announced the 30 day challenge at the beginning of the month and I figured it would be the perfect time to get back into it. I've found a torrent of the DVD's he sells on his website, which is so much better than the video's I've had before.

I'm 13 days into the challenge. Done some sort of DDP Yoga for 13 days. Everyday I feel more flexable and it shows when I'm doing the workouts. My balance is getting better. And its actually a fun work out. I'm not over weight to begin with, I however did lose 5 pounds.

I would recomend this. Check out DDPyoga.com for more info. There's also a support community too that you can join up too at teamddpyoga.com

I think the fact that DDP is one of my favorite wrestlers growing up and he's in charge of this, kinda motivates me a bit more to do this

Dorling

Quote from: Hurricane Jeff on July 14, 2012, 01:02:53 PM
I started doing DDP Yoga back in April/May after hearing about it during some sort of podcast. Was able to find a torrent with a couple of video's. Ended up not doing it in the month of June due to buying a house and moving in and not having any time for it. DDP announced the 30 day challenge at the beginning of the month and I figured it would be the perfect time to get back into it. I've found a torrent of the DVD's he sells on his website, which is so much better than the video's I've had before.

I'm 13 days into the challenge. Done some sort of DDP Yoga for 13 days. Everyday I feel more flexable and it shows when I'm doing the workouts. My balance is getting better. And its actually a fun work out. I'm not over weight to begin with, I however did lose 5 pounds.

I would recomend this. Check out DDPyoga.com for more info. There's also a support community too that you can join up too at teamddpyoga.com

I think the fact that DDP is one of my favorite wrestlers growing up and he's in charge of this, kinda motivates me a bit more to do this

I echo everything Jeff said. I've lost another pound in the last two days and my back pain is non existent most of the time. I can now put my hands flat on the floor and raise my foot to my face which I would never have been able to do even 2 weeks ago.

It's fun, it's hard and it works. DDP is very motivational! He's also very eager to communicate with people doing the yoga and I've had a personal message from him as well as several of the guys that appear on the DVDs themselves.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Hurricane Jeff on July 14, 2012, 01:02:53 PM

Jeff any info on what site you "obtained" this from. I'd like to give it a go.

T-Bonizzle

Me too I think.

Somehow since the beginning of the year I've drop about 15 pounds. I've been doing little things to try to stay active despite having basically no life, and I guess it's working.

Drama Queen

I think I might also like to try the DDP yoga.... damn this is becoming the new p90X...lol

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

After checking out the website prices...yes Jeff/Dorling...little help needed in the old "obtaining" scenario

Hurricane Jeff

Quote from: Trumpers on July 15, 2012, 06:25:37 AM
After checking out the website prices...yes Jeff/Dorling...little help needed in the old "obtaining" scenario

Here's the torrent link for it. 13 videos plus a work out schedule, which you don't need to follow cause I don't.

http://www.demonoid.ph/files/details/2927150?load_bal=001007072949&show_files=1&page=1&ref=1338188519

Dorling

I paid for the DVDs myself - I figured if I put the money into it then it would serve as further motivation.

Hurricane Jeff

I was getting ready to pay for the DVD's, then found the torrent lol