News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

They're expensive and I'm a poor post-grad...

Got a friend to find them somewhere else, 5 hours to download lol.

T-Bonizzle

Got them and tried the first one. Gonna follow the schedule and see what happens.

I find myself wondering if I'm doing these moves right. Guess I'll see.

Doug E Fresh

I'm 10 months away from 30. But I had that realization when I was 25 years old and 50 pounds heavier. We are fully capable mentally of pushing ourselves but physically age just doesn't allow for some things. Its a very slow deterioration at first but for example, I'm lifting 5 days a week right now and there isn't a day I don't wake up in some kind of pain. When I was younger I'd recover faster.

Point is for everyone, push yourselves now to do something if you want to. And kudos to everyone who already is. I love seeing this thread bumped and reading all the different things everyone here is doing to stay in shape. Much love.

Drama Queen

Just broccolied the above two posts because this shouldn't just be a "so I'm currently doing this, this and next week going to try that" thread, it's good to hear views on the mental aspect of it all.

I really hope this serves as inspiration and does not come across as boasting but at 36 I am in the best shape of my life. There life after mid-life crisis guys :)

Jerry McClean

Well that's a nice and depressing chat guys. Cheers. That's more likely to push me to drink than to exercise >_>

Cory

Doing my own modified version of P90x and I'm down 12lbs in 3 weeks, keeping strong.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Drama Queen

What's going on slackers?

Cory how is your P90X going?

What's the verdict on DDP's yoga guys?

I just completed day one of Insanity. More cardio based than P90X of course, but a big plus is the work-outs are more intense but shorter, because let's face it sometimes there are not enough hours in the day.

Refereeing season is starting up again for me soon, that will keep me nice and fit even when I don't have time to work out.

Just been on vacation in New Hampshire, camping up in the mountains, did a lot of hiking and treetop adventure/zipline obstacle courses and was glad of my fitness level, it helped a lot.

Gary, where you at these days, miss you bro, you have been one of the most inspiring people in my fitness quest.

Doug E Fresh

Training for half marathon on October 7th began this week.

Monday - 5 miles
Tuesday - Heavy leg lift and core.
Wednesday - 8 miles
Thursday - Light leg lift high reps
Friday - 6 miles and a chest lift.

No lifts this weekend. Hoping to do the same schedule next week with 1 mile added to each total. I do all my running at 5-6am.

Drama Queen

That's aewsome Doug. I'm a little jealous, my knees don't seem to be able for much more than five miles these days. Working on ways around it, maybe I need better shoes or something, or maybe I'm not running regularly enough to build the tolerance and stamina.

Still waiting to here some verdicts on DDP yoga.

Insanity is quite brutal at first, though I know it will only get better. Shorter that p90X so easier to fit into your daily schedule but very intense, you really do have to dig deep. Going to try to stick with it. If I do then I will be done by the end of October and that's when I would be looking to try DDP.

Dorling

DDP Yoga is going well DQ, had to have a couple of weeks off with chest and sinus infections but back on it again, along with trying DDPs nutritional plan while my girlfriend is away and I've lost 8lbs in the last week.

All in all, I love it.

Dorling

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on September 03, 2012, 03:43:50 PM

Have you done P90X and if so, how does it compare to Yoga X.

Basically, I felt like Yoga X was a great workout, but it was long and boring and I hated it so much it has made me shy away from P90X as a whole...so the idea of a Yoga option I don't hate intrigues me.

I haven't done P90X. I haven't done a lot of standardised style workouts like this. Until recent years I've just played a lot of sports but they began catching up with me, in particular my back and knees. I always thought that yoga would be boring but DDPs Yoga is hard and, depending on which workout you do, can have a real sense of flow and pace about it.

I can't believe it's taken me this long to try it to be honest. The absolute best thing about it is wearing the heart rate monitor and seeing how jacked my heart rate gets. It's a real visual motivator.

I always feel like I've done a good workout at the end of it all and that's a great feeling.

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Drama Queen on September 03, 2012, 01:21:14 PM
That's aewsome Doug. I'm a little jealous, my knees don't seem to be able for much more than five miles these days. Working on ways around it, maybe I need better shoes or something, or maybe I'm not running regularly enough to build the tolerance and stamina.

I wear the Vibrams shoes that look like feet. They're amazing. I swear by them. I think they also improve my posture.

Drama Queen

I love yoga X, I feel it is the work-out that I notice most improvement in each time. I can do things that I could not do before such as grab my toes while standing on one leg, whereas I could always do a push-up or a bicep curl (granted not as many as I can now or with as much weight) but to be able to actually do things I could not before is an amazing feeling.

BUT... yes it is long and hard to fit in to a day's schedule. I know onme person who splits it over two days at the half-way point where they finish with the vinyasas/warrior poses, but I feel that the work-out is meant to be done in one go so that the muscles are limber enough to do the second part, so I try to do it all at once or not at all.

But I've done it a lot, and now want more variety. It has given me a love for yoga that I want to expand on, and DDP sounds like the best bet.... UNLESS I want to incorporate a social aspect, then I might try to join a class.

On other topics, Doug, I have heard good things about those shoes, but I echo Jack's question about the impact.

Does anybody here take any pre-work-out energy boosts. I tried them for the summer when the weather makes me exhausted after work. I took C4 for strength training, which was mild but did it's job, got me through it. I tried these multi-vita packs from GNC for cardio which are way to intense. You're supposed to take them about an hour before you work-out but if I take them any time after 2pm I don't sleep that night!

Doug E Fresh

I run on the street, track, in the gym, I hike in them, pretty much often I use them. As for impact, you can pay like 10 or 15 extra for a pair that has extra padding. The only time my feet get really bothered is like while hiking when I step on like a tree root sticking out of the ground for example that only hits part of my foot.

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on September 03, 2012, 05:38:06 PM
are they good for street running as well? Or do you have to stay off hard surfaces? I've heard the impact can be brutal.

Cory

Update on me, I'm gonna be ready to play University Soccer this season, still not where I wanna be at weight wise, still 210 but I can play a full ninety minutes now. Lost 30 pounds over this summer and honestly hated it. couldnt enjoy BBQ's and all that shit and no cake for my birthday, but I guess in the end it was worth it.

Im hoping with soccer season coming up I can finally hit 190 by seasons end.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE