News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Glad to see this thread alive and well, and even more people getting in on the fun. Still doing my workouts, upped my workouts to p90x and an hour of cardio before each workout..it is killer but I feel fucking great. My upper body is pretty cut already and I have a 4 pack but sadly the fast weight loss I had at the start last year has reared its ugly head in loose skin around the belly. I hope that the extra cardio will help tighten it back though.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Doug E Fresh

10 hours til my half marathon. I'm excited and nervous. Training hasn't been what I've hoped but I'm gonna give it everything I have for my first half. And then die after lol.

But also reviving this thread because its always motivating to see what everyone is doing to better their lives. And its even important for those who may have fallen off a touch because it could be the spark needed to get back on it. Love for you all!

Ty

Weighed in natural 200 lbs today, Im excited. 30 down, 15 left for my goal (much longer than anticipated but whatevs lol)

Started physio therapy 3 weeks ago and its been.. interesting. I guess I should back story it a bit. I was going to go a message therapist for my monthly back relief just before my fight (I messed my back up in a truck accident on Canadian thanksgiving when I was 15) but my mother-in-law (who is a retired japanese message therapist) decided that she wanted to try to do some treatment on me (she has hep so she doesnt have lots of energy, she was staying with us for 3 months at the time). So she got to work on my back and realized very quickly that my spine had been twisting. I want to chiropracter and he was able to like dead-on list every I was experiencing (incredibly weak shoulders, constant knotting in my lumbar, hip issues) just from running his hand down my spine. It was amazing. Now though, I have to go for physio (and pay out of pocket) twice a week but its been helping already. I can do half the push-ups as everyone else at the gym (where as before I couldnt even do 10%) but my back feels 10 times worse (but much stronger).

Oh yes, my next fight will be in January and will be at 205 pounds again. Its above my weight class for sure but I want to face the guy their offering me (6'4" with slick BJJ, 2-0 mma with both fights won by standing guillotene). I cant wait :)

Doug E Fresh

13.1 miles in under 2 hours. I'm happy...

...and broken.

But happy.  :D

Dorling

Not directly linked to fitness, but I've not had a lot of time to do as much DDP Yoga as I'd like.

I have, however, adopted his nutritional guidelines and by changing diet alone I've lost 12lbs. It's not even that hard, it just takes a little imagination, a fridge full of greens and some forward planning.

Doug E Fresh

Time to resurrect this thread!

Turkey Trot 5K this morning. Averaged just under a 7 minute mile!

Drama Queen

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on October 07, 2012, 01:43:53 PM
13.1 miles in under 2 hours. I'm happy...

...and broken.

But happy.  :D

That's fricking awesome dude, congrats. Any plans to go for the full 26 at some point?

I kind of got distracted from my workouts with Sandy, apart from lifting trees off the house lol. Back to playing soccer and running now, though I have noticed discomfort in my right shin, really hope it's not shin splints! Going to start Insanity again soon.

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Drama Queen on November 23, 2012, 03:44:20 PM
That's fricking awesome dude, congrats. Any plans to go for the full 26 at some point?

I want at least two more halves under my belt first so hopefully by the time I'm 31 in 2014 I'll be ready for my first 26. Not trying to push myself too hard just yet because it took me more than a week to recover from my first half lol.

TheBritishVixen

I'm a horrible fit club member, I got fat again :(

Well okay, fatter. I put the weight I lost back on. Like all of it. I have lost 7lbs since that point tho.

Doug E Fresh

Some people want to lose weight, some people want to tone or gain muscle. You just have to want it for yourself. You can do it!

TheBritishVixen

My biggest problem is time right now. I am so stupidly busy that finding time to eat properly just doesn't happen.

Doug E Fresh

Is it work schedule or school or anything? I love strategy when it comes to planning eating!

TheBritishVixen

Let see.

I work full time (37.5+ hours a week), I'm involving in running Beaver Scouts (thats 2 hours a week), I train other leaders (which takes up an evening every other week), I'm doing paperwork for work (every night), running an efed, studying for my EYPS (post graduate status) and dealing with the general social life that runs with christmas time.

Doug E Fresh

Yogurt would be hugely helpful if you're interested. Favorite is vanilla. Great morning snack.

I also pack peanut butter sandwiches and granola bars with me to work because basically between workouts and work I'm not at home between 8am and 7pm. I never eat after 9 unless I'm drunk which is my one fatal flaw. So yea, multiple small things to carry you through here and there on a break or when you get a chance to nibble. Yogurt is the big one. Very helpful to me personally.

Hurricane Jeff

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on December 03, 2012, 10:59:57 PM
Yogurt would be hugely helpful if you're interested. Favorite is vanilla. Great morning snack.

I also pack peanut butter sandwiches and granola bars with me to work because basically between workouts and work I'm not at home between 8am and 7pm. I never eat after 9 unless I'm drunk which is my one fatal flaw. So yea, multiple small things to carry you through here and there on a break or when you get a chance to nibble. Yogurt is the big one. Very helpful to me personally.

Also plan a head. Prep easy meals/snacks a day or 2 a head of time so it takes minutes to prepare or just grab and go