News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBritishVixen

3lbs this week, up to 12.5lbs lost.

Doug E Fresh

I've finally recovered from my half marathon. Just over two hours this time which was slower than my previous but I was not well enough prepared for hills. Running a 5K this Sunday.

Weight is at 160lbs so I'd like to put on a few the right way. Doing BMI and Body Fat % next week so I hope those have stayed consistent. I've switched to a lighter weight lifting routine for April/May because of all the running. High rep low weight fast paced.

Drama Queen

Eating is harder work for me than exercising these days. I have to eat like a horse and I'm still not gaining.

Almost finished P90X. I am on the penultimate week. As soon as I'm done I'd like to go back to insanity but really I should do some more muscle building rather than calorie burning.

I do kickboxing twice a week now which is an amazingly fun workout. Soccer season has started, I'm taking part in a full 11 aside. Running season should be getting into full flie too, i am planning to run a 5k through the lincoln tunnel in a couple of weeks. Hmmm.... Seems the problem for me is that all of my hobbies are all cardio based... It's just a lot more fun for me than lifting weights.

Oh and for the first time in my life, I have a six pack :)

My body fat ranges from 17-18% as it has done for the last few months, I dont know how to get that down, my diet has a lot more carbs and protein than fat, so I don't know whati have todo there. Bmi ranges from 22-23 which I've heard is good, but I still think I look to skinny, I hover around 155, I feel like I could to with another 10 lbs, preferably in the chest area.

I am very pleased with my flexibility and my strength.

A few months ago I could do about 18 push ups in a minute, now I can do thirty. I use 25 lb dumbells for exercises I used to use 15lbs.
I'm pretty much happy with my progress in all departments.

The only downside is exercise used to be my anti-depressant, and help me avoid mood swings and such. This does not always work now. I'm probably not getting as much sleep as I should, my new years resolution to get at least 7 hours at least 5 times a week seems to have gone out the window.

Doug E Fresh

Thread revival time!

I would like to hear how everyone is doing.

I just ran a half marathon about two hours ago. lol

Dorling

With my potential new career beckoning I need to get in shape so I have been doing a weekly regime of yoga/short quick run/yoga/long run/yoga/longer run/bonus sunday.

I have a park near my house that is just over half a mile around and tonight I was aiming for 7 laps, which would be my best since starting 6 weeks ago, but I stuck it out and did 10 laps, which has me buzzing.

Not only do I have to get my endurance up for the bleep test, but I need to improve my speed and run 2.4k in 12 mins. In 6 weeks I have got my time down from a terrible 19 minutes to 14, so it's coming along nicely with 5 and a half weeks to go.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Going to try and get back to where I was a few years ago and be healthy and actually in shape.  I have to go full cold turkey on a lot of things to do this but I will begin to document my progress here as well as the changes I am making immediately.

1.  NO more alcohol (those of you who know me really well here know that this is going to be one of the hardest and something I have struggled with)
2.  NO more weed, not something I was doing a lot before, but started to smoke a lot more in the last few months, but i have to cut that out.
3.  NO more fast food, I tended to just get lazy after coming home from work and stop for cheap fast food, unhealthiest crap ever.
4.  NO more soda, turning back to all natural juices and water again. 
5.  Actually getting out and exercising.

I've been able to drop my weight before, my problem will come with trying to keep it off
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Doug E Fresh

I'm training for a full marathon. Took a hit this week because my knees haven't been well so I got some treatment for that. Running a 5 mile race July 4th. And still benching over my weight. So no complaints here.

T-Bonizzle

Since this thread started I dropped about 35 pounds and lowered my blood pressure to more acceptable levels. I've been more conscious about what I eat and how much I eat. My activity levels might have increased because of work, but really the more proper eating is what I have done to help myself.

Ty

Since I broke my hand in my last fight and then had baby, been off the wagon. Since then, found out I have to have back surgery and then, found out I don't. Only thing that both docs agreed on is that until my back gets fixed, no competing. So, my major motivator is gone to. Bad yet, I gained about 10 pounds since May (just from being outta the gym). I gotta figure this out

Gary

If any of you are trying to find new workouts, and can't get to a gym.

www.fitnessblender.com

The site is fucking awesome. Has a LOT of different workouts and 10x times tougher than p90x/insanity, and you can build your own program depending on what you want to do.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

TheBritishVixen

My head hasn't been in the game with my weight loss so I've been taking a break from Slimming World and eating no end of shit, therefore my spare tyre on my gut is back, but I'm going back in August.

I'm kinda ready to get off junk food, but at the same time, my birthday and 2-3 other engagements are coming up, so I know sticking to it is going to be difficult.

Justin

My wife wanted to do Insanity to lose some weight so as her husband I told her I would do it with her to support her.  I figured I could use it as a way to increase my cardio and keep me fit.   HOLY CRAP!  We did the first workout tonight about two hours ago and my calves still feel like they're in knots.  I'm not looking forward to this at alL!

Drama Queen

Quote from: JustinP on July 24, 2013, 09:58:19 PM
My wife wanted to do Insanity to lose some weight so as her husband I told her I would do it with her to support her.  I figured I could use it as a way to increase my cardio and keep me fit.   HOLY CRAP!  We did the first workout tonight about two hours ago and my calves still feel like they're in knots.  I'm not looking forward to this at alL!

Don't you love it when after the ten minutes of jogging, jumping jacks, heismans etc you're ready to collapse and Shaun T is all like "ok, that's the warm-up complete" :)

Justin

Quote from: Drama Queen on July 24, 2013, 11:09:00 PM
Don't you love it when after the ten minutes of jogging, jumping jacks, heismans etc you're ready to collapse and Shaun T is all like "ok, that's the warm-up complete" :)

My thoughts exactly.

Doug E Fresh

Did a ten mile run in just over 84 minutes this morning. For long distance running, the pace and time are personal bests. And this is two weeks after a minor dislocation in my foot lol. #WORK