News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marq

Great job to everyone on the thread so far!

On this end, it's finally OFFICIAL -- I am 22 lbs. from where I was last August! That puts me a few lbs. away from my weight bracket in high school, but with a LOT more muscle than I had back then... which technically means I'm in the best shape of my life.

Should've taken pictures prior to the dietary change, but I honestly didn't think I'd go this long -- it's been FIVE MONTHs, and I'm still losing little over a lb. a week!

WERK, BITCH.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Doug E Fresh

First off, good work to everyone! Please keep it going!

Secondly, I should chime in.

I'm 27 days away from running my first (and hopefully only) full 26.2 mile marathon. I'm tapering down the training with one last big run this weekend then just some short runs before the big day which is April 27th. Wish me luck (and hope I don't die)

Drama Queen

Good luck Doug. I am not quite there yet, distance wise, but getting there. The day before you do that, I will be running my first 15k and then next month my first half marathon. Possibly by the years end I may be full marathon ready, but with the strides I'm making distance wise this year, I won't beat myself up if I end up having to wait until next year.

I too am setting a one race a month goal jack. Does not necessarily have to be road races, I also count trail runs and mud races/ obstacle courses, which will be getting popular now this time of year.

Running the Lincoln tunnel 5k April 27th, the day after I do the15k, it's just a bucket list one for me.

Way to go marq, diet is so tough to get right, let alone stick to, sounds like you're onto a good thing.

Dorling, I highly recommend trying a yoga class a couple of times. Having a live instructor in the room with you can really help get the most out of poses, and also helps you to get in touch wi the spiritual side of yoga, which I'm not sure can translate well from a tv screen.

Cory

Doing a diet series on YouTube....currently down 18.5lbs in 2 weeks on the dot. Figure water weight and being heavy makes quick gains easier, but I plan on being down 25lbs in 3 weeks. Kinda a extreme diet, intermittent fasting while taking an ECA stack daily. plus a pretty strenuous workout regimen.

Day 1 VLOG | Lose 60lbs in 3 months | Gamer Fitness | Diet

*Yuri Boyka for the win*

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Drama Queen

I wish you luck but be safe. Nota big fan of anything that involves fasting. I'm not a nutritionist or anything, but I've never heard anything good about it. Just keep an eye on your energy levels.

Drama Queen

Question for fellow health and wellness enthusiasts.... What is the healthiest peanut butter, cream cheese and jelly sandwich.

Currently I'm using Crazy Richards crunchy PB (0m sodium, 2g sugar); Philadelphia 2X protein; Smuckers sugar free (alas splenda replaces sugar which is probably almost as bad) and pepperidge farm light wheat bread (by far the lowest in sodium and sugar I've come across).

I eat four of these each work day, so any tips on how I can lower the sugar/sweetener intake without raising sodium would be helpful.

Ty

I'm allergic to peanuts. What I do know though

Brown/wheat bread is nearly the same as white bread. A flax or (I don't eat bread) would be better for you. It eat wraps, healthy wraps are supposed to be good.

I hear peanut butter has lots of additives and it's best to switch to cheat-nut butter (slang for fake peanut butter). I'm not too familiar but it's what I'm told.

Google making your own fruit spread. There is ways to make it healthy and tasty in your kitchen, cheaper and no sugar or additives.

Dorling

Quote from: Drama Queen on April 05, 2014, 09:04:39 AM
Dorling, I highly recommend trying a yoga class a couple of times. Having a live instructor in the room with you can really help get the most out of poses, and also helps you to get in touch wi the spiritual side of yoga, which I'm not sure can translate well from a tv screen.

I'm not worried about that spiritual stuff. You won't find anyone more chilled than me. I do the the ddp yoga to push myself, not chill out.

That has been more difficult the last 6 weeks as I have beem suffering with sciatica for the first time in my life which is awful - I have 3 and a half weeks until I join the Royal Fleet Auxiliary. I was off work for 5 weeks but am on the mend and managed a 5 mile run today. Need to pick up the pace but honestly didn't think my back would be up to 5 miles so happy with that.

Drama Queen

Quote from: Ty on April 23, 2014, 01:56:45 PM
I'm allergic to peanuts. What I do know though

Brown/wheat bread is nearly the same as white bread. A flax or (I don't eat bread) would be better for you. It eat wraps, healthy wraps are supposed to be good.

I hear peanut butter has lots of additives and it's best to switch to cheat-nut butter (slang for fake peanut butter). I'm not too familiar but it's what I'm told.

Google making your own fruit spread. There is ways to make it healthy and tasty in your kitchen, cheaper and no sugar or additives.

Thank you Ty, appreciate the input. Definitely going to look more into the flax bread. Tomorrow I'm going to experiment by omitting the jelly from my sandwiches. It really adds no nutritional value, i just need to see how it will taste without.

Quote from: Dorling on April 23, 2014, 03:07:15 PM
I'm not worried about that spiritual stuff. You won't find anyone more chilled than me. I do the the ddp yoga to push myself, not chill out.

That has been more difficult the last 6 weeks as I have beem suffering with sciatica for the first time in my life which is awful - I have 3 and a half weeks until I join the Royal Fleet Auxiliary. I was off work for 5 weeks but am on the mend and managed a 5 mile run today. Need to pick up the pace but honestly didn't think my back would be up to 5 miles so happy with that.

Ouch, I've heard thats a bitch, sorry mate, but glad to hear you're recovering.

Dorling

Quote from: Drama Queen on April 23, 2014, 07:00:14 PM
Ouch, I've heard thats a bitch, sorry mate, but glad to hear you're recovering.

It sucked to begin with. Reduced to an ache for the most part now but I have lost some flexibility because it's tightened everything up. The best thing for it is to keep moving and keep popping the anti inflammatory pills!

Doug E Fresh

Wish me luck.

I'm 44 hours away from running my first full 26.2 mile marathon.

T-Bonizzle

You're a crazy person. Good luck.

Drama Queen

Best of luck Doug! Lots of respect. And a broccoli.

Dorling

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on April 25, 2014, 11:16:45 AM
Wish me luck.

I'm 44 hours away from running my first full 26.2 mile marathon.

My friend Jack has a pb of 2h 46m. He is also a professor. Smash him Doug!

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Dorling on April 25, 2014, 01:07:07 PM
My friend Jack has a pb of 2h 46m. He is also a professor. Smash him Doug!

Oh HELL no. LOL

No speed in these old bones. Shooting for 4h flat.