News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marq

I'm pretty sure it's the middle ground between a "belly" and a "devoe-y."
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Marq on June 03, 2014, 12:13:44 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the middle ground between a "belly" and a "devoe-y."

+1

Dorling

Quote from: Mike Powers on June 01, 2014, 02:04:45 PM
Can I have a English to English translation for what a "bivvy" is?

It's like a very small tent but with no ends on it. It's awful. It's what the British Forces sleep outside under.

Mike Powers

I do not envy you my friend.

Dorling

Did I mention you share it and my co bivvy man was a snorer. I also had 50lbs of kit plus helmet, camelpak etc in there. Glad it's over for now! Used my new powerboat license to go to the pub tonight so not all bad!

Drama Queen

Quote from: Marq on May 20, 2014, 11:38:06 AM
Let me know how that goes, man. I'm right at the end of my ninth month!

Well I feel enough time has passed that I can give fair comment.

I did to miss meat at all really it was a lot less sacrifice than I had feared... Until I realized I was actually craving carbs... The worst kind... Grains... Craving them like I was crazy or pregnant or both. Which seems weird since it was mostly proteins and some fat that I had given up!

Anyway now I have got that under control and my diet is once more very protein and fat based, with my carbs being mostly fruit and veg.

I get my proteins from eggs, cheese, Greek yogurt, peanut butter, nuts and post workout protein powder. And tofu whenever I can be bothered going to the effort it requires to make it taste decent.

Overall I feel as energetic as before, I don't feel like I'm missing out.

In other news I broke my 5k record.... 21:41.... Which if you get your calculators, will see is exactly a seven minute mile pace :)

I've been knocking in decent 5k times overall lately which is funny considering I'm training for distance rather than speed.

Drama Queen

Saturday morning I upped my distance to sixteen miles. The possibility of doing my first full marathon this autumn seems very real now.

In dietry news I started using MyFitnessPal again to keep things like sugar, sodium and sat fat in check and have been making the necessary adjustments. It's also useful to monitor vitamins and iron... If at the end of the day I'm deficient, I take a vitamin pill next morning.

Marq

Finally did it -- hit a FULL YEAR last week in my fitness journey. The dieting, boxing, and work put into the gym has been difficult, but I finally feel like I'm ready to hit this October cruise in serious style.

Didn't take any "official" before & after pictures (I didn't think I'd be a vegetarian past a week), but here's what I have to show for it, 365+ days later. For everyone else on this journey, keep pushing, let's do it!

Drama Queen

Wow, what a difference, excellent work marq. I bet you feel so much more energy.

Justin

Marq

The energy's been good, it's the healthiest I've ever been, and the attention I've been getting isn't the worst thing in the world. It's also opened up a ton of options for me, clothing-wise, which is pretty awesome. Girly? Maybe. But being able to rock smalls and mediums with confidence is something I've NEVER done before.

Dorling

Drama Queen

Ha... Strange thing with me is medium shirts have become to tight and constrictive on me, but my pants is falling off of me. Maybe the push-ups paid off and I finally have a chest ;D

¿PapaPancho?

In an ironic twist .... Marq gave me a chubby ... heh

Marq

Quote from: Drama Queen on September 05, 2014, 05:43:29 AM
Ha... Strange thing with me is medium shirts have become to tight and constrictive on me, but my pants is falling off of me. Maybe the push-ups paid off and I finally have a chest ;D

Push-ups pay off in EVERYTHING. When I started, I strugged with doing 15-20 (proper) at one time. Now I can bang out 40+ no problem, and my moobs are gone.

NO MORE MOOBS. That should be a mission statement.