News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Started by ., June 20, 2011, 10:29:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

The BEST t-shirts to sweat in.  That's a scientific fact.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

ToneCold

Quote from: Duckman on January 04, 2015, 09:47:19 AM
The BEST t-shirts to sweat in.  That's a scientific fact.

Well the workout counts double when it's boosted by MFX Merch, but of course you knew that.

Seriously though, actually pleasantly surprised with the stuff I did today.
Was shown armbikes, crosstraining, some weights and resistance stuff and was told what I was doing was more than they'd expect from a beginner.
That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...

Drama Queen

Quote from: Duckman on January 03, 2015, 03:44:30 PM
Thanks guys.  DQ, has he seen improvements since he's started?

He says he's feeling a lot looser in areas he is normally really stiff, so obviously a lot more flexible as a result, and generally in less pain. I think he mentioned losing four pounds as well. I suppose he must have started about three weeks ago, but he told me this after about a week and a half.

Good job tonecold, keep it up!

Doug E Fresh

Tomorrow begins my transformation plan. I'm currently weighing in at 175lbs with over 18% body fat.

The next for months will consist of frequent switches between marathon training and weight training.

By the end of April I plan on still being 175lbs but only 14% or less.

Drama Queen

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on January 04, 2015, 11:51:22 AM
Tomorrow begins my transformation plan. I'm currently weighing in at 175lbs with over 18% body fat.

The next for months will consist of frequent switches between marathon training and weight training.

By the end of April I plan on still being 175lbs but only 14% or less.

Good luck Doug, and if it works let me know, no matter how much work I put in, I always seem to be around the 17-18% range. I probably eat to much carbs, but I feel like I have to to fuel my running. I don't do enough weights admittedly.

Justin

Quote from: Drama Queen on January 04, 2015, 02:44:44 PM
Good luck Doug, and if it works let me know, no matter how much work I put in, I always seem to be around the 17-18% range. I probably eat to much carbs, but I feel like I have to to fuel my running. I don't do enough weights admittedly.

Weights will do the trick.

Dorling

Quote from: Duckman on January 03, 2015, 10:12:19 AM
That's the DDP Yoga DVDs shipped.  I know a few of you guys have used it.  Any tips for a first timer, especially one who hasn't had any real exercise since high school (not strictly true but I am incredibly unfit).  I'm basically starting from nothing here!

Follow the instructions :)

It comes with a booklet and food planner if you want to do the diet thing too, and it details each workout and the progression through them - generally speaking the longer the workout the harder it is (except the 12 minute red hot core workout, which is quite intense and is designed to be tacked on the end of a longer session), unless you have any specific difficulties.

I, like you, have back problems and find that building up as advised is the best route. You can't really go wrong with it - don't expect to have immediate results but I couldn't touch my toes for 27 years and I was doing it within three weeks and can still do it now. It really is great, you just have to be prepared to dedicate 30 mins every other day to it in the beginning and then a bit longer as you progress. It's definitely worth it. I would never have survived being beasted by Royal Marines without it!

Brock Rhysner

Currently waking up at 6 for a 20 minuet run, followed by a DDP Yoga session before breakfast. I'm also going on a very low carb diet for a while. Lots of meat, lots of fish, lots of eggs and a SHIT load of fructose vegetables (kale, spinach, broccoli, pretty much anything green). I've unfortunately got to wait until payday until I can start with the weights again (naturally, Xmas and new year quickly ganged up to spit-roast my wallet) however it does go without saying that I love lifting heavy things, and putting them back down again. Drink wise, I'm sticking to the occasional straight spirits (also realized that I don't get hangovers with them, which I found to great amusement), other then that, it's nothing but water (I've worked up to 5 liters a day so far).

So far I've lost 4 stone over the last two years, and could easily lose another 4. I need to get it done this time. I demand it of myself. No more half-assing everything. I've come to the realization that if I'm going to lose this weight, then the more effort I put in, the sooner I'll get to where I want to be.

[/centre]

Drama Queen

I can't wait to see the yoga DDP for myself. As someone who's big into yoga, I want to check it out. I'm aware it's not your typical yoga, so I'm really interested to see.

As for the weights I finally forced myself to do upper body yesterday evening. I use the machines mostly. I have no confidence in using a bar, for fear of giving myself an injury due to bad form. Dumbells I'm ok with.

Today I wore my 20lb weighted vest for a few hours, during which time I cooked and did the grocery shopping.

Way to go Brock rhysner!

ToneCold

Quote from: Brock Rhysner on January 04, 2015, 04:36:47 PM
Drink wise, I'm sticking to the occasional straight spirits (also realized that I don't get hangovers with them, which I found to great amusement)

I have similar reasons for drinking mainly ciders in terms of alcohol, especially if it's a night before a gym session where I can work it back off.   :P ::)

Soft drink wise, have switched to skimmed milk from full fat, and at work I drink a lot of water anyway. Other than that it's tea, which I should probably start drinking black more often.

The guy down the gym said it probably helps that I do some lifting at work, and plenty of walking around on station platforms.
That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...

Drama Queen

Quote from: ToneCold on January 04, 2015, 09:31:26 PM
I have similar reasons for drinking mainly ciders in terms of alcohol, especially if it's a night before a gym session where I can work it back off.   :P ::)

Soft drink wise, have switched to skimmed milk from full fat, and at work I drink a lot of water anyway. Other than that it's tea, which I should probably start drinking black more often.

The guy down the gym said it probably helps that I do some lifting at work, and plenty of walking around on station platforms.

There are several milk alternatives, the best being unsweetened almond milk. I use organic soy milk myself for the protein.

Bad News

Gonna try get back into DDP Yoga too. Just did my first stint of the year: Fat Burner followed by Red Hot Core.

Need to start toning up in conjunction to just ditching weight, DDP Yoga seems like it might be well suited for that.

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Drama Queen on January 04, 2015, 02:44:44 PM

I devour carbs. Weights are key.

Drama Queen

Speaking of yoga, today in class I finally mastered an arm balance pose I've been trying for about a month. I think I am actually more excited about this than I was about beating my 5k PB   ;D I love when I learn to do something new with my body.

Doug, you going to do another marathon?

Jack, milk is not great for us even in ideal circumstances But with the homogenizing crap process today's dairies do to it, it's a downright disgusting thing to put into our bodies.

Oh, I texted my friend about how is the ddp yoga going, and he said he was thinking of skipping ahead a couple of weeks because right now it's telling him to only do it every other day, but he feels like he is able for more than that. Any opinions on this from those of you doing it? I usually believe in following the schedule the way it's laid out with these programs, such as p90x and insanity.

Dorling

He'd probably be ok stepping it up a bit - it's whether he has faith in knowing when his body needs a break. I tend to pick it up and drop at random points these days as my life has become somewhat unpredictable.

Ultimately, all of the workouts have modified positions to make them a bit easier, but some of the later workouts are over double the length of the initial ones and are in all senses more difficult. When I first started I did a couple of weeks as prescribed and skipped ahead a bit, no harm done. Then I tried the 70 min workout - I wasn't ready for it at that point, got about 50 mins into it.

As long as he looks after himself he'll be alright. It's a sign of how well the system works that it builds your confidence up so quickly.