News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Premiere Fight Club (Denver)

Started by Mike Powers, January 07, 2015, 01:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

Sooo....should I go, or is there something else...... 

Strike

Sorry, yeah, you're set to go on your side man. Thank you again.

-----------------------

Alright, Mrs. Johnson...let's get ourselves ready for Week 4. LOCK IN time!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Roster:

Main Event: XJ Hawkins
Semi Main Event: Duane Jensen
Tag Team #1: Demarcus McNabb
Tag Team #2: Amazing Akio
Woman: Sarah Divine
Opener: Delbert Larson
Bench: Theo Bullitt
Sparring Squad: Emmanuel Carlson

Strike

GM CHRIS STRIKE TAKES THE PODIUM THE DAY AFTER THE EVENTS OF THE FOURTH WEEK OF TCW ACTION IN PFC HEADQUARTERS IN DENVER, SHORTLY AFTER COMING OUT VICTORIOUS AGAINST THE UNION JACKS

Another nice win for us here at home and it bears saying that everyone gave it their all to bring this result to us here in the Premiere Fight Club, from start to finish. I do want to take a brief moment to congratulate our own Sarah Divine who came back from a scare last week to win her first match in TCW, may it be the first of many to come. Also, credit goes where credit is due, as the Union Jacks have some tough hands on deck and Rory McCaul is one of them. It was a 35 minute war between him and XJ Hawkins but once again, XJ is proving exactly why he is the best wrestler in TCW as he keeps taking down main event player after main event player across all other teams in the league.

But I know XJ isn't one to rest on his laurels and neither is the rest of the PFC, especially as we head into enemy territory by going up against the Rebellion this week in Miami. President Ace has done a stellar job in the short amount of time to try and right the chaotic ship that was running out there and I'm certain he'll be looking to motivate his guys to pull off the victory while trying to figure out who is "the man" in his main event picture. I'd just like to advise President Ace that whoever he picks had better be up to the task...because our Ace isn't afraid of doing what it takes to seize victory either, even if it means causing somebody to go to the hospital like Rory McCaul this past week.

...And as for our friends in Los Angeles? Keep watching. And tell Frightmare to bring all of the friends he can in another four weeks if he even remotely dreams of getting a victory over XJ Hawkins. Because lord knows, that'll be his best shot at even coming close to doing so.

--------------------------

Coach Audley, thanks for waiting. Solid work getting us to 3-1 this week. Still beyond amazed with the form XJ has been displaying. It seems like he's building more confidence with each win, which is something we'll definitely need with the main eventers he's going to be going up against over the next few weeks. How are things looking with the team otherwise?

Mike Powers

XJ stole the headlines, but you oughta know that McNabb took a nasty spill during the tag match.  He was going to the top rope and got caught.  He lost his footing and fell to the floor hard.  Doc says he has a mild concussion and should sit out a week or two.   

Strike

GM STRIKE WINCES

...Yeah, that isn't good news at all and explains why he looked out of it after the top rope spot. I do agree and immediately something that comes to mind is bringing Delbert up to tag with Akio for the time being, unless you feel Theo can handle a week or two getting back in action. And yes, I'd probably look at cutting Carlson altogether and try to find somebody else to bring into sparring, come to think of it.

Mike Powers

I think it all depends on what Theo thinks he can handle at this stage, singles or tag.  Whether or not we sign someone in Carlson's place, Theo is the obvious short term option for us until McNabb is cleared.   

Strike

Noted, Coach. We'll give Theo the reins, then. He's been patient in waiting for a shot. Speaking of him, on your way back to practice, any chance you can send Theo to see me?

---------------------

Theo, circumstances happened as you saw on the show and for the next week or two, we're going to be giving you the shot at coming up and tagging in with Akio in place of McNabb while he recovers from the concussion. I just wanted to let you know to be ready for it.

Mike Powers

I'm excited to get in there boss.  I enjoy working with the guys in the locker room, but nothing replaces that rush you get when you go through the curtain, ya know?

Strike

I know the feeling too well, Theo. You've been a big help to the folks in the locker room and I can't thank you enough for being a team player like that. Seize the opportunity and show them why you belong here in the PFC. That was all I had, I just wanted to let you know we're making that decisions. Thanks for stopping by, Theo.

-------------------------

Mrs. Johnson, I had a question. When it comes to the release of any contracts, are the funds something that need to be allocated from the salary portion of our cap or could we use, say, PR funding in order to pay that off.

Mike Powers

Contract buyouts come from either the salary or incentive budgets. You can payout in one lump sum, or carry the balance over the life of the deal. 

Strike

So we could do the 3.5 during this season and then the other 3.5 from either salary or incentives in this case to pay it off entirely. Fair enough. I know Mr. Johnson is a busy man, but given that my next move would involve a roster spot, is he currently available in his office for me to come up and see him, Mrs. Johnson?

Mike Powers

President Strike, I'm glad you were proactive about coming to see me. I'd planned on speaking to you soon myself.  We're 3-1...not bad, but not first place either. I pay you for first place Mr. Strike.

Strike

This is true, sir. First, thank you for seeing me. Second, we're getting to work on our ends to ensure we are at first place soon and continue to be there by the time this season is done - continuing the win streak we've started is going to get us there. Third, I realize my own mishaps brought us in a piece that has been frankly deemed one of the worst in this sport right now, even if he is part of the sparring squad. That said, we've been frugal with our expenses to where we could outright cut Emmanuel Carlson and bring in somebody else that'd be a far better option for our team.

I'd like to see if I have your blessing to make that move and also to see if you have a preference on a name you'd like to see signed if we make that move.

Mike Powers

I'm glad to hear that you have a plan. I'm less happy that we need to spend more of my money to rectify a mistake you made in your scouting and drafting. I don't have any names in mind, I pay you to find the right talent. Make sure you do just that moving forward. 

Strike

Not the type of error that I'll be making again moving forward, sir. That said, was there anything else you had for me prior to me going back to my office?