News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

True Detective

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, February 10, 2014, 11:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

Holy shit is this show good. 4 episodes in and I'm so immersed and hooked. Brilliant writing and the acting is superb. Anybody else watching?

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Cory

Yeah, have enjoyed it. Havent saw the most recent episode yet, but great TV.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Cory on February 10, 2014, 11:48:37 AM
Yeah, have enjoyed it. Havent saw the most recent episode yet, but great TV.

It's the best episode thus far. Very intense- Children of Men esk filming towards the end which was brilliant!

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Gravedigger

Last night's episode was really good. Looking forward to the showdown with LeDoux (not sure I spelled that right).

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Gravedigger on February 10, 2014, 05:27:30 PM
Last night's episode was really good. Looking forward to the showdown with LeDoux (not sure I spelled that right).

Me too! [spoiler]I wonder how this will tie into the murder that happened in the modern day (the reason they're being interviewed.) I had a theory that maybe half the season was like a prequel then the next they may get back together but I don't feel it's headed that way any more. Thoughts?[/spoiler]

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

! JDM The Professional !

The latest Ep was pretty interesting. [spoiler]Pretty big curve ball with the speculation of the government guy being involved.  God this show hooks me more every episode. [/spoiler]

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Gravedigger

[spoiler]I was hoping for a little more from the LeDoux takedown (like the story they came up with), but I think Hart killed him so fast so that LeDoux couldn't identify him as the killer. Too much heat on Cohle for it to be him.[/spoiler]

Kirk

I started watching this with my wife, but she didn't like it at all. I'm sure I'll come back to it at some point in the future.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Gravedigger on February 18, 2014, 05:20:26 PM
[spoiler]I was hoping for a little more from the LeDoux takedown (like the story they came up with), but I think Hart killed him so fast so that LeDoux couldn't identify him as the killer. Too much heat on Cohle for it to be him.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]You think Cohle is the killer?? I think he's definitely not. I think it falls back to the government and that task force from ep 1. Either way it'll be interesting to see where it goes. [/spoiler]

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Gravedigger

[spoiler]I may not have worded that well. I think Hart shot LeDoux because Hart is the killer.[/spoiler]

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Gravedigger on February 19, 2014, 03:42:39 PM
[spoiler]I may not have worded that well. I think Hart shot LeDoux because Hart is the killer.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]definitely an interesting theory. Hart is Keyser Soze!!

I still think it's to do with the government guy.[/spoiler]

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Cory

Last episode was fucked, such a good show.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Kirk

My wife's out of town for a few days, so I've started watching this again. It's brilliant.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Kirk

I agree with JDM's theory.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

! JDM The Professional !

[spoiler]Holy shit this last episode was intense. So sad to think there is only one week left but my god will be finale be amazing. Any predictions????

I predict it'll end with Cohle and Hart going over but ending up being sent to prison as nobody will know their heroics.[/spoiler]

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs