News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Gunslinger

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, October 21, 2009, 10:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

I just started this book, up to chapter 7.

So far it has been alright, nothing too special which I wouldn't expect from Steven King

Any comments on this book???

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Adam Wrong

The whole series is superb. A completely absorbing and amazing series of books. I won't go into too much detail but The Gunslinger is really just a trailer or a teaser for the rest of the series. The character development, the creativity and the tie ins to a lot of other books really blows your mind.

Continue to follow the path of the beam my friend for it is well worth it.

Long Days and Pleasant Nights

! JDM The Professional !

if M.D.K says it, ill do it!

lol, I really liked the character 'Brown' from the first few chapters. He was truly interesting and made me want to continue, but the whole 'bringing back to life thing' kind of sucked. Hopefully as it continues it will get better.

Oh, and I thought it was a western, but it features 'Hey Jude'. It blew me away hahahaa

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Zombie Gunn

That is one of my ultimate favorite books.  I've read it like 8 times.  From start to end, it's a crazy trip.  The thing I really like about The Gunslinger (and I'm sure you know by getting this far) is the way he tells the story backwards.  He's thinking back to how he met Brown, and describing to Brown his trip to Tull (sp?).  When he's at Tull the barmaid is telling him about the man in black.  It tells all this story in a way I've never seen before.  Plus, this story really sets the stage for the troubled character of The Gunslinger.  Sets him up as this iconic being that's larger than life.  Tough to do in a 1st book.

! JDM The Professional !

Jesse, you just made allot of sense for me. It was seeming a bit weird. In that perspective, makes more sense, cheers.

Regards,

JDM

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

! JDM The Professional !

im up to to second part were he meets Jake. he fucked Tull up bad. really liking it now

comments,

regards,

JDM

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Adam Wrong

you don't fuck with roland!

Black Death

the whole thing is top , his masterpiece , great books stick with the whole thing and you will not be disappointed
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

! JDM The Professional !

oh BD I am.

Hopefully will finish it tonight or tomorrow, depending on how I am feeling.

Regards,

JDM

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Zombie Gunn

I named my 2nd son after Jake.

Adam Wrong

Black Death

don't name him tull , mdk you be fine
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Adam Wrong

LJB

I recently picked up the Gunslinger I hope to start reading soon.

LJB

I just finished The Gunslinger before bed last night the ending was a real trip. After what went down between Roland and Jake there is no doubt in my mind Roland is a true hard ass who will not take his sight off his goal. I'm about to start on The Drawing of The Three now I hope it is just as good.