News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Best New Music: Shearwater "The Golden Archipelago"

Started by Rob, March 04, 2010, 09:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Hope Tim doesn't shout at me for stealing his topic title thing.

My new recommendation is Shearwater's new album, The Golden Archipelago. It's really outstanding stuff, guys. It's a blend of folk music with a twist of that funky kinda beat all the kids are going on about nowadays. They aren't a new band by any means, they've been together for about 10 years now, but this album is in my opinion their best and most imaginative work so far. Their last album Rook was just as intelligently written and composed, but I think with this sort of record it's much more suited to the music fans of today who are recently being introduced to a more wide-spread range of genre's reaching mainstream popularity. Something about this record ticks all the right boxes for me and reminds me greatly of Massive Attack's most recent album.

Songs to Check Out: Black Eyes, God Made Me.

SixersEagles

[/center]

! JDM The Professional !

Very interesting sound, similar to Disturbed, with a funk twist.

I wouldn't go as far as to call the song displayed in any way folk, but unique sounding

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs