News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Iron man 2

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, April 29, 2010, 08:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

Was one of the WORST movies I have seen in nearly 2 years.... plot was weak, characters was weak, humour was average.

I did like the first one and gave it a 6.5/10 but this one is no where near that... pathetic better describes it!

Steer clear guys...steer clear indeed!

4/10

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Excaligore

Eh, my heart isn't broken. The first one was ok but really full of the most ludicrous plot holes...

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: E. Il Ehksahlijoruh on April 29, 2010, 10:00:07 AM
Eh, my heart isn't broken. The first one was ok but really full of the most ludicrous plot holes...

This one is a plothole in itself!!

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Excaligore

Quote from: !The Jesus! on April 29, 2010, 10:03:44 AM
This one is a plothole in itself!!

Well then it tops the original.  I mean take this sequence of events:

2 greedy weapons agents make tons of money
1 crooked one is selling his weapons to the terrorists so he hires them to kill him
They capture him and force him to build a weapon(Which they apparently are already buying from the evil guy who hired them to kill him?)
He escapes so the evil guy has the terrorists killed... Effectively killing the costumers which he tried to kill his own partner in which he could be crooked to sell missiles to

...Seriously, the first one's plot was fucked.

Gary

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Gary

[spoiler]after the credits a group of people can be seen examining a crater..and in the crater they find which is of course Thor's hammer [/spoiler]

[/center]

Fnord

Gary... that spoiler looks SWEET!

This won't stop me from seeing the movie, unfortunatly.  Iron Man 2 has Mickey Rourke in it and I have to see everything with Mickey Rourke... and Robert Downey Jr....

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Black Death

Going to see anyway ...
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Conor

Quote from: E. Il Ehksahlijoruh on April 29, 2010, 11:10:19 AM
Well then it tops the original.  I mean take this sequence of events:

2 greedy weapons agents make tons of money
1 crooked one is selling his weapons to the terrorists so he hires them to kill him
They capture him and force him to build a weapon(Which they apparently are already buying from the evil guy who hired them to kill him?)
He escapes so the evil guy has the terrorists killed... Effectively killing the costumers which he tried to kill his own partner in which he could be crooked to sell missiles to

...Seriously, the first one's plot was fucked.

All right, got to address this first.

One was a greedy, callous fuck. The other was a genius who, while an asshole, wasn't evil (or greedy, for that matter - he was already stupidly rich and saw weapons development as a means to an end, namely funding advances in healthcare, etc.)
Stark is kidnapped by the terrorists to get him out of the way, sure. They demand he build them the weapon he was showing off earlier (the one that can blow up a mountain.) This is no doubt because to buy such a weapon would cost billions upon billions of Dollars. You've got the weapon's inventor right there - why not just have him build one for free?
The evil guy kills off the terrorists because they failed to kill Stark, they know too much, and if they're captured they could reveal that he was illegally selling them weapons, which I'm pretty sure gets you a one way ticket to The Hague and a war crimes tribunal. Also, it's not like they were the only terrorists in the world.

I'm not seeing how that was a big plot hole.

I saw Iron Man 2 on Thursday, and here's my opinion, for what it's worth. If you're familiar with the comic, you'll enjoy this movie. If you're a Marvel fan, you'll enjoy this movie. If you don't really know much about comics but you like these films, you may not enjoy the movie quite as much. The film's biggest problem is that, while telling a story of its own, it also has to start setting up The Avengers. For this reason, the plot is disconnected at times. About a third of the movie is designed with the inevitable big team-up in mind, and how much you're looking forward to The Avengers will determine how much that affects your enjoyment of Iron Man 2.

For what it's worth, the cast was on great form and the action sequences were a lot of fun, though the final fight with Rourke's bad guy seemed rather short. There's a big chunk of Hollywood science in there, all right, but then nobody watches a comic book movie for its accurate depiction of every day life.

Excaligore

Quote from: Token Irishman on May 01, 2010, 05:09:31 PM
One was a greedy, callous fuck. The other was a genius who, while an asshole, wasn't evil (or greedy, for that matter - he was already stupidly rich and saw weapons development as a means to an end, namely funding advances in healthcare, etc.)
Stark is kidnapped by the terrorists to get him out of the way, sure. They demand he build them the weapon he was showing off earlier (the one that can blow up a mountain.) This is no doubt because to buy such a weapon would cost billions upon billions of Dollars. You've got the weapon's inventor right there - why not just have him build one for free?
The evil guy kills off the terrorists because they failed to kill Stark, they know too much, and if they're captured they could reveal that he was illegally selling them weapons, which I'm pretty sure gets you a one way ticket to The Hague and a war crimes tribunal. Also, it's not like they were the only terrorists in the world.

I'm not seeing how that was a big plot hole.

I can't necessarily argue with that. However, I still see it as incredibly convoluted even for comic book world. I get what they were trying to say with the movie in the social commentary of American industry's control and profiting off war but I think they lost sight of the point in trying to say what they were trying to say. Plus, I could swear they said that they were paid to kill him with the weapon.

Gary

You know..some movies DONT have messages and are there just to fucking enjoy the action and movie.

[/center]

Tim-Æ

Quote from: Gary on May 01, 2010, 06:17:13 PM
You know..some movies DONT have messages and are there just to fucking enjoy the action and movie.

exactly! like Avatar. And Transformers 2. And Schindlers List.

jagilki

And Paul Blart Mall Cop!

Conor

Quote from: jagilki on May 01, 2010, 06:35:44 PM
And Paul Blart Mall Cop!

WRONG.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop had a very clear message: title does not dictate the man, and one must strive beyond one's lowly origins to become a true champion.

Also, "King of Queens" is a good show.

Excaligore

Quote from: Gary on May 01, 2010, 06:17:13 PM

...I wasn't being sarcastic. I'm not saying it was a bad film just had a bad plot. The problem wasn't that it didn't have a message it was that it was trying to force a message and ignoring a simpler more enjoyable plotline.

I know you like comics but yeesh.