News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Iron man 2

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, April 29, 2010, 08:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombie Gunn

I think that's my biggest pet peeve with movies. If its cheese, call it cheese. But don't try and insinuate that its deep and profound. Personally, I love cheese. Especially on pizza. So, let me enjoy my cheese and stop criticizing it for not being a soufle.

Black Death

never underestimate the power of chesse
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Gary

Thing is..there wasnt a message it was just a popcorn flick, and they tried to mainstream a storyline that was created in the sixities for 2008

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Kirk

I saw Iron Man 2 yesterday. It was nowhere near as good as the first one. The plot was stuck together with bluetack to try and shoehorn the Avengers film and the main boss fight was over before it started. Don't get me wrong, I liked it but it should have been much better. I think the Avengers film is going to ruin all the others until it's done so I hope they hurry up and get it over with. Scarlett Johansson looked really hot in it though.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Tim-Æ

I'm still going to see Iron Man 2, though not till next week after my short vacation. But if all of this is true, then I for one will probably not see the Avengers. The only decent hero in the Avengers was Iron Man.

Captain America's an outdated concept, patriotic shit bag with a gay shield and a stupid costume.

Hulk. Nuff said. They've had to do two origin movies for the character and still...NO ONE CARES.

Thor. Jesus Fucking Christ. Dumbass character. Stupid power. Ridiculous costume.

And not to mention, it's just like the fuckin NWO. Lets bring in every C-list superhero who doesn't have a main title on the shelves - Ant Man, Wasp, hell lets through in that furry fagot Beast from X-Men, the Vision OMG! I mean come on. That movie's gonna suck. Especially now that it's going up against the third Batman film.

Boo!

Gary

Whats gonna make Thor and hopefully Avengers..is Loki.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Conor

See, I don't think Captain America is necessarily an outdated concept. I think it's very easy to make him out to be a ra ra flag waving nationalist, but these days, at least, that isn't the case. It's not that he believes America is never wrong, it's just that he loves the United States so much he was willing to risk death in order to keep her sfae, and continues to do so. He supports the essential ideals of independence and doesn't believe that security should come at the cost of basic civil liberties. But on top of this, he's a man from the 1940s trying to exist in the modern era. He takes these things in his stride while at the same time regretting the years he missed with his loved ones.

What makes the upcoming movies most interesting is how they'll all be quite different. Iron Man is probably the most recognisable superhero action flick, with some sci-fi elements thrown in. Captain America is a period World War II picture, while Thor is a fantasy epic. Combining these three characters (and I honestly don't see them utilising more than the founding members for the first Avengers film) will be a challenge, but it can be done. Thor is a sticking point - he is, after all, the God of Thunder while the other guys are enhanced humans - but if you play up the scepticism of the other characters, it could work. I've thought that the easiest thing to do in The Avengers is for Cap, Iron Man et al. to see "Thor" as someone who managed to get his hands on some kind of alien technology or perhaps is an alien himself. It fits into a sci-fi scenario of super soldiers and robotic suits and is an intriguing comment on perception. As far as Thor is concerned, he's the son of Odin. But everyone else figures all this talk of Asguard is either some form of psychosis or an alien world.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Saw this tonight...thoughts

- Plot was pretty lame as hell to be honest
- RDJ was ok, had some good one liners
- I am already starting to think the casting of SLJ was a bad move
- There is a terrible brawl between Don Cheesey's character and Stark after a party which honestly was weak as fuck
- Rourke's army got their asses handed to them in the end quickly kind of a let down
- Made my missus stay to the end waiting for typical moment of extra bit...as they were cleaning the cinema, linked in the Thor movie with a hammer being found in a crater

- Funny bit when Stark uses a shield of a certain Captain persuasion to prop up his chemistry experiment

My bad feeling with this is that Thor will tank badly...this was pretty weak and I assume Captain America will tank based on the shit actor pick for the role. So the Avengers movie will suck balls.

Side note, I am assuming that the guy who was Wild Bill in the Green Mile who played a dude called Hammer will come back to be the leader of the baddies as he got carted off for no good reason towards the end. Lets hope the bad guy isnt MC Hammer.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Midas

Well it would appear I am one of the few people who is going to say he liked the film... I was entertained the entire way and personally walked away feeling like it was a good film...

SPOILERS

--- I thought the opening sequence introducing Whiplash was really weak and abriviated, the father dying and the reveal that he and Howard Stark were parnters just fell flat. Then they show him making the Iron Man energy thing and all that, just felt kind of rushed.

--- RDJ was actually really annoying at the start of the movie and distracted me mostly.

--- The relationship between Tony Stark & Pepper just was lame IMO and I didn't feel anything besides two buddies fucking  with each other.

--- Sam Rockwell always plays the ultimate bady and I think it was perfect casting to have him as the slimy competition to Stark Enterprises, but every movie I see Rockwell in he is doing some form of dancing moving his quick little feet and when he did this on stage as Stark Expo it just seemed lame.

--- I love Don Cheadle and had no problem with his acting but the guy seemed to short to play war machine, I understand that him and RDK are the same height but everytime I saw Cheadle in the War Machine costum I kept imagining him on lifts inside the costum making him tall enough.

--- SJH really didnt bother me, she played a sexy character who is more designed for the Avengers movie. She was nice to look at but didnt add much to the movie in ways of acting chops...

--- Rourke was... I dont know.. I didn't mind him much but I also did not look upon him like he was some badass villian...

I think overall the storyline is not as bad as people make it sound as the overall story was...

--- Tony Stark is living reckless as he cannot stop the powersource in his chest from polluting his blood...
--- Pepper is having a hard time dealing with Tonys reckless behavior and her new found respondsibilty...
--- Rhodes is conflicted as he does not want to betray Tony but wants to serve his country by getting the Ironman suit to them...
--- Hammer feels like second fittle in the arms race and will stop at nothing to beat Tony Stark...
--- Whiplash wants to avenge his father by destroying Tony Stark...
--- Black Widow is doing a evaulation of Tony Stark for SHIELD...

I do not understand how poeple can contend that this was one big story designed to sell the Avengers movie. I saw it as the writers creating a problem (Starks blood) and making the solution fit in with SHIELD, the overall storyline was still the Ironman situation... Basically I was entertained the entire way and never once found myself regretting watching it or even wondering into other thoughts, it did its job by entertaining the crowd and telling yet another tell of a superhero... Not all of the movies will be Dark Knight and with Iron Man one being a great film IMO we have to understand that it is RARE when sequels actually do better or even compare to the first movie...

Overall if I had to rate it...
7.5 / 10

Morrigan

Random news: Black widow pulls a mean Hurricanrana in a combat sequence..

Ok...So I was playing "Spot the wrestling move"

I'm a geek.. I know..

But other wise, I thought the movie was ok.. something to leave my brain at the door with and just relax.

Jonny Worldbeater

Quote from: Ian on May 04, 2010, 04:16:41 PM- I am already starting to think the casting of SLJ was a bad move.

I'd be interested to hear you elaborate on that dude, but based the modern interpretation of the character, you can't exactly argue that he looked the part:

Jennifer

Isn't he supposed to have had like, the exclusive option on Nick Fury? I thought that the whole thing was that the Ultimate Fury was based off him, and in exchange for that he was to be the first guy they offered that role in a movie.

Or I might just be basing that off rumours I've heard. Either way.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Black Death

it was based off him ... the writers have spoken that ulimate nick fury was based off sam jackson ,  truth he  fits the part .  I don't understand  what Ian is  talking about. 

I enjoy the movie itself , it entertain me and that is what I wanted .  It nice piece to a bigger puzzle . 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Sgt. Josh Underpants

I enjoyed the movie as well.  I will admit it wasn't as good as the first, but it didn't fail.  I really saw nothing wrong with it other than the fact that Cheadle didn't really seem to fit as much as Howard did.
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.