What are some things you would like to see in American MMA?

Started by TaNK, November 15, 2008, 05:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TaNK

Personally, I would love to see more GRAND PRIX tournaments like PRIDE did back in the days. I would absolutely see a major American MMA organization host a Heavyweigh GRAND PRIX. The heavyweight division is my favorite division because thats where the big boys bang.

A superheavyweight division.

Anybody else?

Cory

Quote from: TaNK TFWF Tit Taker on November 15, 2008, 05:44:42 AM
Personally, I would love to see more GRAND PRIX tournaments like PRIDE did back in the days. I would absolutely see a major American MMA organization host a Heavyweigh GRAND PRIX. The heavyweight division is my favorite division because thats where the big boys bang.

Anybody else?

I dont know about the superheavyweight division, usually tends to be more of a joke, (guys like Bob Sapp and Butterbean). But I agree 100% on the tournaments.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Black Death

Quote from: Cory on November 15, 2008, 09:03:49 AM
Quote from: TaNK TFWF Tit Taker on November 15, 2008, 05:44:42 AM

Anybody else?

I dont know about the superheavyweight division, usually tends to be more of a joke, (guys like Bob Sapp and Butterbean). But I agree 100% on the tournaments.

Them fighting words cory    ;D
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

TaNK

I like the superheavy division there are actual more respectable fighters out there than you know. I hate how its treated as a circus act..

MitchMMA

I'd love to see some Grand Prix's and stuff like that in the USA.

I'd also change a few rules, most notably that annoying stand up rule. Why should the grappler let the striker up? I don't give a shit if there is inactivity, let the striker get out of the position and get up on his own!

Also wouldn't mind seeing knees to a downed opponent being legalized in USA lol!

TaNK

Quote from: MitchMMA on November 15, 2008, 04:10:35 PM
Also wouldn't mind seeing knees to a downed opponent being legalized in USA lol!

True that, I really liked the PRIDE rules alot.

MitchMMA

Yeah PRIDE's rules were great.

Plus I don't think a Knee to a downed opponent is as dangerous as people make it out to be so I don't see why it should be illegal.

JohnS.

Would be awesome to have some Grand Prix events, they would have to hold them in like Japan though. You can't get an American Athletic Commission to sanction an event where people would fight more than once in a night. It's super gay.

Leech

I firmly believe in the stand-up rule. It keeps ground fighters trying to finish the fight, as opposed to just laying there holding them down. I enjoy a good ground game, but it bores me to tears when they just lay there doing nothing. If they aren't punching/going for submissions, then they really have no business staying down there to begin with.  Too many judges have the "Being on top = winning the fight" mindset. That means, simply, that a guy can be trying all kinds of shit from the bottom, but still lose the fight. So if the guy on top isn't doing anything, it should be stood up.

I'd definitely like to see knees to the head of a downed opponent allowed. In fact, John Macarthy recently plead that very case to the NSAC. I doubt anything will come of it, but it would be nice.

MitchMMA

Quote from: Leech on November 16, 2008, 12:53:00 AM
I firmly believe in the stand-up rule. It keeps ground fighters trying to finish the fight, as opposed to just laying there holding them down. I enjoy a good ground game, but it bores me to tears when they just lay there doing nothing. If they aren't punching/going for submissions, then they really have no business staying down there to begin with.  Too many judges have the "Being on top = winning the fight" mindset. That means, simply, that a guy can be trying all kinds of shit from the bottom, but still lose the fight. So if the guy on top isn't doing anything, it should be stood up.

I'd definitely like to see knees to the head of a downed opponent allowed. In fact, John Macarthy recently plead that very case to the NSAC. I doubt anything will come of it, but it would be nice.

Oh I agree to stand them up when they really aren't doing anything, for instance one guy just laying on the other, I'm fine with standing them up in that situation. What I don't like is how sometimes you'll see a ref stand a guy up when he is trying to advance his position and is trying to set up a finish.

and yeah man I wanna see those knees lol. It would be a lot easier to get those TKO's  ;D

Hopefully Big John gets through and the athletic commission will update the official rules to allow knees to a downed opponent. I know he's been trying to legalize them for awhile but they keep turning the rule down.