News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

RPG on Skype

Started by T-Bonizzle, January 15, 2013, 11:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

I didn't want to muck up Marq's thread too much. This is something I've quietly been thinking about for awhile, but I didn't know the level of RPG interest from the community so I hadn't mentioned this until now. I have a campaign setting all planned, sessions planned and such. I just need players.

So here's how I plan on running it. Based on some comments everyone has a different experience with tabletop RPGs. My game will be very newbie friendly. I play with a casual group and as a DM storytelling is more important to me than stats and mechanics and shit. So lets go over a few things real quick.

DM - Means Dungeon Master, which is what I will be. Just like the Mod of a mafia game my word is law. My DMing style is more about storytelling than combat. The characters that are in my games are not just avatars. You will have a little backstory, motives, and personality that drives your actions and decisions. Playing with me the goal of the game is not to win, but to tell a good story. I try to create situations where meta knowledge isn't useful, and I discourage using metagaming as a decision making factor. Just like in e-fedding your character might make decisions that are obviously wrong for the situation and thats okay.

Pathfinder is the game we'll be playing. I'll teach the rules as we go along, including any house rules I may have. Here's a nice source of all the Pathfinder rules. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/home

Things you'll need to play. An internet connection (duh) Skype with the ability to join video chats, an actual set of dice (d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, d20) and then the ability to comprehend googledocs. That'll be our set-up. I like to see dice rolls and such.

I imagine that we can have quite a lot of players, because we're not going to be able to meet at the same time every week. My work schedule isn't a constant, I'm scheduled when I'm needed. Typically we will play in the evening my time (EST). Though I usually have Monday's off, so maybe a semi-regular time before RAW isn't out of the question. Plan for like 1-2 hour sessions. (on that note, who would be available say 6pm EST on Monday for our first session?)

Because I imagine players will drop in and out, I'll task you guys to keep summaries of the game and we'll keep running tabs on the story on the forum here. I figure this can be a real community effort.

If you are seriously interested and could commit to making an effort to play, you can post here. any questions, comments, or whatever. We can get together on skype and talk about character concepts. Character creation is the first step and I like to handle that with my players rather than letting them do it on their own.

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

! JDM The Professional !

in

vote: Black De... never mind..

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

GM Franchise

I'm in but my schedule is usually all over the place.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

Oh, my skype is tbone.caleb. skype is a must have for this.

Stoner

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

T-Bonizzle

Alternatively, Friday at 8:30pm EST works great for me too. Probably better than Monday actually.

Stoner

My only real issue is my kids.  My son tends to go to sleep between 8-9(central), but my daughter literally can be up until four or five in the morning.  So there might be cases where I would need us to pause for a minute or two so I can change a diaper or make a bottle or some shit. 

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

T-Bonizzle

That wouldn't be a problem. Get on skype.

jagilki

my issue is lack of video and lack of dice.

T-Bonizzle

I'm looking for ways to work around this issue. And I may have found it. If this works, we won't need webcams anymore.

T-Bonizzle

SUCCESS. Updated requirements. You no longer need a webcam or dice. It's optional now.

jagilki

T-Bonizzle

Update.

BD's character is done. Jag's character is done. We've started Franchise's character and should finish tonight. Haven't heard from JDM or Stoner or anyone from the other thread who said they were interested. So get in contact with me. Send me a PM here and we'll arrange something. I'm hoping everyone can be accommodated.

I proposed two times for our first session. Friday at 8:30pm EST and Monday at 6pm EST. Jag said he was good for both. I think BD said both work for him too. No one else gave a preference. We are so close to making this a reality.

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"