News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

RPG on Skype

Started by T-Bonizzle, January 15, 2013, 11:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

Monday would be easiest for me, I'm mostly sure I could pull off Friday.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Goldferg

Quote from: T-Mas on January 17, 2013, 11:04:41 AM
I proposed two times for our first session. Friday at 8:30pm EST and Monday at 6pm EST. Jag said he was good for both. I think BD said both work for him too. No one else gave a preference. We are so close to making this a reality.

so that's... 1.30 Am Saturday or 11pm Monday for me... (my time). I should be able to work that, don't normally go to bed 'till like 4/5 am anyhow
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

T-Bonizzle

T-Bonizzle

Okay, we're more or less ready with 5 players, just a reminder we'll play tonight at 8:30pm EST. This will be an introductory session, we'll probably go for a good two hours or so.

If anyone simply wants to just listen in while we play, like you've read this topic, heard us talk about it, but are unsure if this is your type of thing, feel free to join us and hang out.

Other than that, I'll see you guys later.

T-Bonizzle

Providing it works (right now it's "processing") this is the audio of our first session. So here's anyone's chance to listen, see what we're doing, and maybe think "hey I could try that".

https://soundcloud.com/tboneefk/efk-pathfinder-session-1

Stoner

Animaul, the Half Orc Barbarian

Tli kehhemg ez bigemmemg.  E zat at a bar, iatemg amj jremkemg.  E wamtij to rihax amj imdoy tli fiztevah.  Zoni piophi em purphi robiz attinptij to kejmap am enportamt guy, omi of ny miw freimjz zaej li waz a zimator.  E puhhij out ny axi amj ennijeatihy znazlij tli ferzt nam em fromt of ni.  Li jeij emztamthy.  Amotlir nam tlriw zonitlemg at tli umarnij freimj amj burmij lez qlizt, zo E attaqkij len too.  Tli umarnij nam kmoqkij len out, zo E attaqkij tli mixt nam em purphi.  Li wimt jowm cueqkhy too.

Aftir tli feglt E kehhij tli hazt nam E attaqkij.  Tlim E took tli hift iarz of botl nim E kehhij.  E'n qarryemg tlin em ny baqkpaqk, E'n zuri E qam zlow tlin off to zoniomi.  Tli otlirz wlo fouglt wetl ni wiri a tleif, a nuzeq nam, a nageq nam amj tli umarnij nam.  Tliy emviztegatij bojeiz, amj treij to azk cuizteomz of tli omi nam wlo hevij umteh li ati zonitlemg amj jeij.  Tli tleif foumj a qhui to wliri wi miijij to go, wi duzt laj to femj et.

Tli nam at tlat phaqi treij to keqk uz out amj lavi uz arriztij.  E azkij for fooj amj li got naj at ni, zo E tlriatimij len.  Li gavi up iazy amj zlowij uz wliri tliy otlir nim em purphi wimt.  Wi ziarqlij zoni tummihz, amj E treppij ovir a ztupej amenah amj lurt ny liaj.  E waz woosy, but tli otlirz kehhij et fazt imougl.  E treij to taki zoni to iat hatir, but tliy tohj ni et wouhj bi a baj ejia.  Wlativir.

Wi zwan tlrougl a tummih, amj tli nuzeq nam foumj a jiveqi om tli wahh.  Tli umarnij nam turmij tli hivir amj tli roon ztartij to fehh wetl watir.  Tli tleif treij to qhenb faztir tlam tli watir, but fihh em amyway.  E hauglij.  Wi naji et to a hijgi amj kipt goemg umteh wi foumj a joor. Nuzeq Nam heztimij to wlat waz goemg om, amj zaej tlat tli zimator waz mot riahhy kejmappij, amj tlat wi wiri liarj.  E novij tli nuzeq nam out of tli way amj keqkij tli joor em.  Tli zimator waz teij to a qlaer amj tli otlir nam ram away.  Ni, tli umarnij nam amj tli nageq nam gavi qlazi amj tli tleif amj tli nuzeq nam ztayij wetl tli zimator.

Tli nageq nam amj tli umarnij nam fihh bilemj, but E waz fazt.  E zqarij piophi out of ny way, amj qhenbij a buehjemg.  E ahnozt laj len, tlim tli nam griw wemgz amj fhiw ovir tli pet.  E wehh kehh len.  Tli nuzeq nam amj tli tleif zaej tli zimator jeij, amj tli nageq nam zaej et waz jiatl nageq tlat kehhij len.  A qurzi.  Zonitlemg hookij baj to tli nuzeq nam, but li wouhjm't tihh uz.

[spoiler=Translation]The killing is beginning.  I sat at a bar, eating and drinking.  I wanted to relax and enjoy the festival.  Some people in purple robes attempted to kidnap an important guy, one of my new friends said he was a senator.  I pulled out my axe and immediately smashed the first man in front of me.  He died instantly.  Another man threw something at the unarmed friend and burned his chest, so I attacked him too.  The unarmed man knocked him out, so I attacked the next man in purple.  He went down quickly too.

After the fight I killed the last man I attacked.  Then I took the left ears of both men I killed.  I'm carrying them in my backpack, I'm sure I can show them off to someone.  The others who fought with me were a thief, a music man, a magic man and the unarmed man.  They investigated bodies, and tried to ask questions of the one man who lived until he ate something and died.  The thief found a clue to where we needed to go, we just had to find it.

The man at that place tried to kick us out and have us arrested.  I asked for food and he got mad at me, so I threatened him.  He gave up easy and showed us where they other men in purple went.  We searched some tunnels, and I tripped over a stupid animal and hurt my head.  I was woozy, but the others killed it fast enough.  I tried to take some to eat later, but they told me it would be a bad idea.  Whatever.

We swam through a tunnel, and the music man found a device on the wall.  The unarmed man turned the lever and the room started to fill with water.  The thief tried to climb faster than the water, but fell in anyway.  I laughed.  We made it to a ledge and kept going until we found a door. Music Man listened to what was going on, and said that the senator was not really kidnapped, and that we were heard.  I moved the music man out of the way and kicked the door in.  The senator was tied to a chair and the other man ran away.  Me, the unarmed man and the magic man gave chase and the thief and the music man stayed with the senator.

The magic man and the unarmed man fell behind, but I was fast.  I scared people out of my way, and climbed a building.  I almost had him, then the man grew wings and flew over the pit.  I will kill him.  The music man and the thief said the senator died, and the magic man said it was death magic that killed him.  A curse.  Something looked bad to the music man, but he wouldn't tell us.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=OOC]I tried to keep that in character as much as I can.  I'll probably come back later and make it more guttural or something.  Had lots of fun tonight, looking forward to Monday![/spoiler]

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

T-Bonizzle

As it turns out Soundcloud has a hard limit of 2hrs and hid my thing...so...gonna try something else.

Stoner

Is there a way to break it into two pieces and then upload them separately?

T-Bonizzle

I mean after I have 2 hrs of audio I need to pay for it.

Stoner

ebwop

Also, I noticed I was the only one that used macros in the dice room.  Its pretty simple to set up.  For example:

Macro Attack d20

Type that into the dice box, and any time you type:

!Attack

It will automatically roll a d20 for you.  I had mine set up so that when I did, it would automatically add my chance to hit bonus as well.  Like this:

Macro Attack d20+5

Where the +5 was my chance to hit.  Then my next macro was:

Macro Damage 1d12+6

So that when I typed !Damage it would automatically do my damage calculation.  My last Macro was

Macro Skill d20

So that when I had to do a skill check(this example will be Intimidate) I would type:

!Skill+7 it would automatically do the d20+7 roll for me.  Whatever number I added to the + would be added to the roll automatically. 

I found it time saving.

Ninja Edit: GAAAAAAAY.

T-Bonizzle

I found another site that'll allow me to upload this stuff.

Stoner

Goldferg

Night of the Starstone Festival
as accounted by [redacted]

So, there I was right, taking it easy in the bar, cleaning a couple of marks out at the baccarat table, all in preparation for a more lucrative nights work later on. Starstone Festival always draws the big crowds with fat, easily slit purses and, of course, plenty of vacant homes full of re-sellable trinkets. But anyway, just as I won another hand (all perfectly legally might I add, you ain't got no proof otherwise) who should walk in but the bloody Nomach of the west side of town! I gotta tell you mate, I proper perked up when I saw him walk in, after all, what's a big shot senator like him doing in a place as downmarket as this? Just as I was thinkin' to meself how I could spin this to my advantage – maybe see if he was a gambling man perhaps, a bunch of geezers in purple robes began filing in.

Now I've been in a ruckus or two in my time, and I knew I could see one brewin' so I got meself ready, all sneaky an' quiet like. Looked like a couple of others felt the same way, but one of them, some artsy-fartsy looking human wasn't as good at bein' subtle about it. Honestly, I've never seen someone screw up palming a dagger so bad before, you'd think he thought he was in some kind of play or somethin'. Anyways, him pulling steel kinda caused things to kick off... fortunately the guys in purple decided they wanted to pick a fight with the human and some bloody massive half-orc at the bar, so yours truly had a perfect opportunity to work his own brand of magic and bop one of 'em on the back of the head, give 'im a little nap. By that point half the bar was fighting, including some bloke who thought the best course of action was to go at it barehanded, and the purple robes had grabbed the Nomach and were dragging him away, flinging spells around to cover their retreat. One of 'em managed to get away, using some kind've spell.

Now, you don't see a Nomach get kidnapped in front of you and not think about how you can spin this to your advantage – I mean think about how much you'd get paid for helping a guy like 'im out of a jam? Plus having a guy like him owe you a favour... that's useful, know what I mean? Fortunately I'd knocked one of the guys out and the punchy-bloke had dropped the leader. I decided to tie 'em up, ready to be interrogated while the others, including an elf who spent most of the fight hiding behind the bar (who I think was some kind of mage or something) faffed around. 'course by the time I got there the leader'd snuffed it. Proper foaming at the mouth and everything. That's what happens when you let an amateur handle things... or at least that's what I thought until we decided to interrogate the one I bopped. Not only did he not tell us nothing, he had some kind've suicide pill and offed himself... cheeky bugger!

Fortunately he weren't that smart as my customary check of his belongings found a business card for something called the 'Rusty Rudder' (as wella s a few valuables nobody else need know about, know what I mean?). I'd never heard of the place, but the barman said it was somewhere in the poorer section of town. I made sure to tip him before we left, just to make sure that the watch didn't know of my involvement in this... or anyone else for that matter. Can't be too careful mate, you never know who might be lookin' for ya.

The five of us who'd survived the fight all decided to go look into this. Not really sure why,  think the big half orc wanted a fight, the others I guess were probably doing it out of the goodness of their hearts or something. Bollocks to that for me mate, I was in it for the dosh. Of course ya gotta spend money to make money, but in this case a couple of coppers to some crazy old beggar to point you in the right direction and find out anything he knew about those purple cloaked chaps, which wasn't much. When we finally got there the place stank. Literlaly.Every time you breathed in you could practically feel the mold growing on your lungs. The bartender was as unpleasant as his bar and wasn't in the mood to talk, even after I tried being nice. He tried to bullshit us by threatening to call the guards... unfortunately an amateur bullshitter like him was no match for a professional like yours truly. He still wouldn't talk though, well up until he tried to piss off the half-orc. Never seen a guy come so close to shittin' himself, I tell ya if that guy ever wants a gig as muscle for yours truly, once I move up in the world, he's as good as hired.

In any case we found out that they were using the sewer tunnels underneath the bar – joy of joys the stench gets even worse. Resigned to having to put up with it (the things I do for a bit of coin) we headed down. The smell got worse and worse the more we went along, honestly I wanted to be sick but I kept it down. Good thing too because the half orc practically fell over a damn Dire Raccoon... seriously mate, what's one of those doing down a stink hole like this? Must've made it extra cranky because it gave swanky-pants and the punching guy a bit of a mauling before I put it down with an exquisitely placed (if I do say so myself) shot to the head.

Of course then things just got worse as we ran out of pathway and had to swim, despite my best efforts to find a way around it. For some reason the others dove into the water like it was nothing. Do they not know what's IN it? Let me tell you mate I REALLY did not want to go in there... honestly if it hadn't been a guy as flash as a Nomach I'd've turned around and left right there. Seriously mate, let me tell you, it took all my willpower and then some to follow that lot... Gods the Nomach was gonna owe me big for this.

In any case we got through on the other side and quickly made it up to the walkway (anything you hear otherwise is slander and lies). After a little bit more moving through tunnels (thankfully further away from the water) we found a door. Ol' fancy pants had a listen to it and what he heard... well it was shocking. Apparently the Nomach wasn't as kidnapped as he'd seemed and in fact he was in collusion with 'em. Unfortunately ol' fancy pants wasn't very sneaky about his eavesdropping (should'a left it to the pro) and we had to act. The big half Orc kicked down the door and we all piled in to see the Nomach acting like he was all tied up and all while the other guy legged it. The half orc, punching guy and mage all legged it after him while yours truly and ol' fancy pants stayed to have a little 'chat' with the Nomach.

Now, I'm not gonna lie to ya, I may have pushed the whole 'bad cop' thing a little far while we interrogated him but don't get me wrong it was getting results. Well... until he suddenly turned black and died. People really ought to stop doing that. still, on the plus side I got his signet ring, should be able to get a little use out of that before they work out that he's dead. Wasn't much left to do other than that, so we headed off to catch up with the others, but they'd had no luck either. Apparently, according to the half orc, the guy he was pursuing grew wings and flew across the pit to the Starstone Tower... you know, the place where you can become a God (if you're lucky). Oh and on top of that apparently the thing that killed the Nomach? A bloody necromancy spell. This can't be a coincidence... think I'd better stick with these guys for a while, because let me tell ya I got a bad feeling about this...

[spoiler=ooc]Yeah, I know everyone said their character names, but I forgot. And my character probably wasn't paying much attention anyway.

Oh and if you're wondering why his name is [redacted] – it's because while I DO have a name for him, I never used it in the session. And I never used it for a reason. But I ain't telling you why – it's a secret.

Now... you ain't seen me... right?[/spoiler]
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

T-Bonizzle

I think next time I'll cut out the BS talk we do before we actually start playing, as there is almost a half hour of non-game time at the beginning, and half at the end.

Starstone Festival, J-Vo.