News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

RPG on Skype

Started by T-Bonizzle, January 15, 2013, 11:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

I noticed there is some lag when some of us are talking. Like I'll hear Bone give an explanation then a few seconds later hear what he was responding to.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

GM Franchise

This was fun. There was some funny stuff going on with this at times.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

Here is a handout for you guys that gives you selected background information about Absalom, The Test of the Starstone, and the four Gods who passed the test. If you have any questions about what you've read, feel free to ask. Not everything about Absalom was told to you because there is information the common person wouldn't know.

BD I will have some extra info for you about the place you're from. The other four have been in and around Absalom enough to be considered locals.

And I'll get with each of you individually for a solo session, where you guys can buy equipment, make a few bucks off your craft and profession, and the like.

Goldferg

I was mostly right! fixed it anyhow
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

T-Bonizzle

Tonight around 6ish guys.

jagilki

6ish eastern so..... 4ish mtn?

T-Bonizzle

jagilki

So, it was a dark and stormy night.... Well, I'm not sure on the storm.  I actually don't think there was a storm.  In fact there wasn't.  Night?  Well I'm a little foggy on that as well.  I remember the important bits though.  It was Festival time.  Every Bard worth their Instrument was in the city for that.  Ready to write the tales and Compose the songs should a new god Arise.

Sadly that is why I was drunk in the Mudhole.  Singing for other drunks.  The Great Bards had already taken the best Vantage points  The city was fair bursting with them.  The Mudhole was aptly named.  Low People.  Nobody to truly appreciate my skills. 

Sure, I did my best to entertain them, but it just wasn't working.  The Orc in the room only cared about food and drink.  I have nothing against, Orcs, but this guy was obviously trouble with a capital T.  Too many people in the crowd were nervously glancing his direction and not paying enough attention to me.  "Hello, I'm SINGING here."  Hells, this is going to be a long night.  The guys gambling only cared about the game, and that Half-Elf in the corner only seemed interested in trying to stay in the shadows.  Poor thing, how dire life must be to try and not be the center of attention?

The room was positively full of guys in Purple Robes.  That was interesting.  Why Purple?  A cult?  A religion?  An entertainment troupe?  But no, that last one couldn't be.  They weren't appreciating my obvious talents.  Instead, they were sitting around as if they were more interested in something else.

I wasn't paying close attention when the trouble started, but suddenly the Orc had his Axe out.  Purple Robes were surround a well dressed man.

I innocently and calmly checked to see if one of my daggers was within reach, and I got a purple robed goon in my face.  No manners these days.  Don't they know how things in situations like this go?  One makes a show of checking for their dagger in order to show off the fact that they have one.  That DOES NOT mean you get in my face.

The bloody bastard cut me.

I backed up and drew my Mace.

He magically(?) grew armor.

I swung and hit him.

My Mace bounced off his Armor.

Meanwhile, the Orc was killing people.  Good Orc.  The Elf was cowering behind the bar.  Stupid Elf.  The Purple Armored guy in front of me was confidant with his magic(?) armor.  I swung again and this time hit him HARD....

...In the foot.  That pissed him off.  However, sadly for him he was now alone.  His buddies all either dead, dying or ran away through a door that magically(?) appeared out of nowhere.

The guy slit his own throat.

I repeat, the guy slit his own throat.

I had to fight down the urge to be sick.  I'd never actually seen anybody slit their own throat before. Sure, old "Slit-Me-Own-Throat" Dibbler, the street Meat Pie vendor back home would always threaten to do so whenever you'd suggest his prices were to high.  I can hear his voice in my head now. 

"Slit-Me-Own-Thoat why don't I?  You think I make a profit 'ere?  I gots me kids, me mum and me ole granny to tink about 'ere.  You tink dis 'ere meat comes cheap?  You tink I don't have me money tied up in dis here enterprise?  Slit-Me-Own-Throat to seel at a lower price I tells you."

And here, standing... well now laying.. in front of me is a guy who slit his own throat.

My very own, true to life "Slit-Me-Own-Throat" Thug.

I looked around, to make sure if anybody had noticed how expertly I had dealt with this thug.  I mean, that foot smash was a brilliant move.  But no.. everybody was admiring the Orc, and some foolish guy who wadded into the fight weaponless and tried to simply PUNCH his way through?

The Fighter seemed to of been hurt by acid or something like that.  I shook my head.  I approached him and used a bit of Magic I picked up in order to heal him a little bit.  I made a dramatic show of it and everything.  The guy was proper impressed.

Then the Elf glowed and all our wounds were cured.

Stupid Half-Elf.

Our little impromptu group stood around in confusion for a bit.  The Apparent Leader of the Purple Robes was still alive.  The Orc tried to wake up up with a slap, then he picked him up.  The guy died Foaming at the mouth.  The Unsavory looking guy who was gambling found a card for The Rusty Rudder on one of the purple robes.  One of the group mentioned that the Well Dressed Man was some lord or some such.  Interesting.

The Innkeeper decided that this was time to ask us to leave.  Before leaving I had to satisfy myself and make sure the wall was really a wall.  The group all stared in slack jawed awe of my pure brilliance as I knocked on the wall and confirmed, indeed it was a wall.

One of the group found out from the Innkeeper that The Rudder was in the Puddles.

Great.  From low, to lower....

I had a fleeting mental image of being a Great Bard, sitting in a fancy mansion, singing for lords and ladies.

How boring.

This.  This is a tale to tell.  That's how you become a Great Bard, live the tale.

I gather up the group and convince them to all head with me to the Puddles.  They follow me eagerly.

Once we reach the Puddles, I approach a foul beggar.  The man is in a bad state.  I offer him a few coppers in order to direct us to the Rudder.  He at first doesn't want to do it.  That's when the dis-reputable gambler.. He never told us his name, I'll just call him Shadow, that's a good name for a flunky.  Shadow convinces the guy to direct us to the Rudder.

Once we get there, I'm almost convinced we were lied to.  This couldn't be an Inn?  This had to be a pig sty.  It was filthy.  After a bit of trouble, the Innkeeper

After a bit of trouble, my gang are able to talk this guy into giving up the secret and he shows us a secret passage into dark tunnels.  Dark, dark tunnels. 

I show off a bit of superior intellect as I pick up a beer mug and make it glow.  I'm incredibly proud of this.

My companions are in awe.

The time in the sewers aren't really all that important.  Up until the Orc tripped over a huge raccoon.  How?   We had a nice little fight with this giant Raccoon.  My flunky Elf shot it in the head, good man.

We came up to the end of line.  A pool of water.  I duck my head in and see that there is another chamber not far away under it.  I convince the others to swim over.

A short swim later and we're over in another chamber.  Except my Flunky.  That guy's afraid of water?  I shake my head.

But he comes along.  A good follower is so hard to come by, and I don't want that stupid Half-Elf magic user as my flunky.  Shadow is much better, as he actually seems to know what he's doing.

Anyways, not to make too much of deal over things, but after seeing a ledge the group of num-skulls begin talking of climbing up.  I smartly look around and notice a broken ladder and a wheel on the wall.

The Fighter guy calmly walks over and just turns the wheel.

He doesn't test it.  He doesn't think about it.  He just turns the wheel.

Stupid, stupid brawler.

The water level in the chamber starts to rise.  I expertly deduce that turning the wheel was the smart option and am glad that I thought of it.

Once up to the ledge, we all walk down the tunnel to a door.  Being the leader, obviously I had to listen in. at the door.  I hear that all is not as we thought.  Of 'course these brilliant bad guys hear me.  Impossible as I sneaked up perfectly.

Anyways, I explain to the group.  Orc moves me out of the way to protect me.

Loyal, Orc.

Orc smashes down the door.  The Mayor yells and screams bloody murder as a baddie runs out of the room.  Orc, Brawler and the stupid stupid Elf chase after him.

Shadow and Myself..? We stay behind to chat with the Mayor.   He tried fooling us, but he was barking up the wrong tree.  I informed him of the truth of the matter, then sicked Shadow on him.

Shadow's work is a thing of beauty.  It was perfect.  A masterpiece performance.

Unfortunately the guy turned black and died.

Later we met back up with the group.  Something wasn't sitting right with me.  I kept going over and over what I heard Baddie and Mayor talking about.  Something about it was wrong.

Apparently Baddie grew wings and flew over the pit.... that is bad.  Real bad..

Then it hit me like a tone of bricks....

Oh.... even worse.

GM Franchise

Eclipse into Darkness

These are dark days. I've spent the past few months wandering Absolom and the surrounding areas covered by an invisible cloak of darkness. Maybe I should just go to Shadow Absolom and live with the other dark, fetid creatures like myself who live in the shadows. The things that go bump in the night that make you scamper through dark alleys as fast as you can. Those are the creatures who are my kindred.

I feel lost since losing my love...

I can't think clearly anymore. Now I am nothing but a lost soul with a shattered heart with no hope of escaping the darkness. Then one night I ran into a pub for no reason other than to have some sort of interaction with society and civilization whom I have shunned since my wife died. The only other reason I was even in with people was because of the Festival that was going on. Watching people die attempting to accomplish some ego trip amuses me for some reason. In my dark, twisted mind nothing is more amusing than that so I figured having a pint or two beforehand was a good idea.

As I hid in the shadows like I normally do watching the typical mundane things that happen in pubs like this. However the sheer amount of guys in purple robes piqued my curiosity. However I figured they were some cult that was going to brainwash me which made me figure it was time to go. Just as I'm about to slither out of the bar things got interesting.

The robes tried to kidnap a politician I saw once. I believe he was giving a speech once during one of my wanderings so I caught the tail end of what he was saying. However upon noticing the robes getting weapons I decide to hide behind a bigger creature so I then roll over and jump over the bar to get a drink and watch the idiots fight amongst themselves.

Then it hits me. If they lose to the robes I'm next so my best course of action is to jump into the fight so I grab a beer mug and chuck it at one of the robed men at which point it hit him in the back of the head. Soon the fight was over and for some reason I find myself joining the group of misfits and vagabonds who were fighting the cultists.

Some of them needed healing so I healed them up with one of my healing spells. After that with my leadership and guidance we rousted some information out of him after the cultists committed ritualistic suicide before we could confront him. We found out that the robes were headed to the Puddles and a place called The Rudder. The Puddles is more my style so I decided to tag along with these misfits. After some chit chat with the homeless and some mental institution escapees we reached the Rudder.

However the stupid bartender didn't give me my drink and instead threatened to throw us out at which point we forced him to show us where the purple robed cultists went. Of course we had to go down into the sewer and I, being the bravest, had to lead the way down until we decided to put the big guys up front so I stayed in the back to guard us from an ambush from behind. Soon we were attacked by a foaming raccoon creature which we soon fought off after it gave two of my companions.

Soon we came to water which we swam across the water without any problems. As usual I was the leader and swam across without any problems. I did however hit my head trying to show them the way. Upon swimming across we found a chasm that led up but no way to get up other than climbing. The smart one of the group saw a wheel and turned it which almost drowned us but got us to the top of the chasm. After a bit of walking we found a door which had the politician and the robes inside. Upon finding out that this was all a set up job we busted down the down the door, recaptured the politician, and chased one of the minions of the demonic out the door. I chased him down only to see him turn into a winged demon from hell. The group met back up and we discussed some things which only made it more clear to me. My path back to society and living a normal, happy life once again is at the end of this journey.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

T-Bonizzle

ummm....early morning EST sometime later in the week wouldn't be completely out of the question for me. But I know you guys probably have day jobs.

Goldferg

I'm off this week, so I could do whenever
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Stoner

Same here.  You tell me a time and I can probably schedule a way to pull it off.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

T-Bonizzle

Well, it looks like that session didn't record properly. James, BD, if you want me to properly go over the discussion we had with the Sapphire Sage, let me know.

Black Death

yeah ,  I will get with you tonight  sometime
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

jagilki

I'm off today and wed this week, otherwise I work from 3AM - 11AM mountain time