News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Piratebay now being hosted from North Korea?

Started by Chris Stern, March 04, 2013, 07:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Stern

So yeah, the infamous torrent site which had to relocate it's servers from it's native Sweden to Norway and Spain after many legal battles from US companies had to again move it's servers and this time from a unlikely of places. Yup North Korea.. I am not even joking it's been verified that the site is now being hosted on a server in N. Korea or at least partially hosted there while the main servers are still hidden elsewhere in the world.

source: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2416221,00.asp

I have to admit while I don't condone piracy it is a pretty sneaky move since North Korea is just going to laugh at any threats from US copyright holders just have to wonder what North Korea is up to, first with it's goofy video threats, then Kim Jong Un meeting and hang with Dennis Rodman and now North Korea is playing home to Piratebay..things that make you go hmmm..

Dorling

The story you linked to has an update saying it's a hoax...so maybe those pirates aren't as sneaky as all that.