News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

MK X gameplay from PAX

Started by Chris Stern, March 04, 2015, 11:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Stern

Quote from: Stoner on March 15, 2015, 06:35:12 PM
Well, there likely isn't a whole lot of room for her anymore.  Not in regards to character slots, but because anything that would have differentiated her from Sub Zero could just be done by one of Sub Zero's fighting styles.  My main reason for liking her was that she was less defensive than Sub Zero normally and much easier to be aggressive with.  My first Flawless Victory against Moloch was with her(second was Shang Tsung).  Her speed was so much easier to be offensive with and it worked well for me.  Her damage may have been lower but that speed was tops.

Then again, I'm very much a casual player, and don't keep up with tournament trends in the least.  My favorite characters in fighting games tend to be bottom tier anyway.

Don't feel bad about that alot of the characters I like to use myself are low to bottom tier, always got my chops busted for that but eh I like what I like. Also it's pretty satisfying when you blow someone maining a top tier character up with a low to bottom tier character.   

Also glad that it seems we won't be seeing Liu Kang in this one. One of things I liked about Deadly Alliance was they killed Liu Kang off. 

Stoner

The main reason I never liked Liu Kang in the older games was because he was always treated as essentially Jesus.  He was super nice and never made any mistakes.

In 9 though, he was getting frustrated with Raiden.  To the point he was basically like "Go fuck yourself."

I liked that.  If they had managed to carry that characterization into this game I don't think I would have minded bringing him back.  I'm very interested in what they plan to do with all of the "Next generation" characters.  I like seeing Cassie use combinations of moves you would expect from Johnny Cage and Sonya, I'm equally glad they kept Sonya and Cage being awesome instead of "We're parents now and have to think about whats best for the family."  Jaqueline Briggs I'm hoping is more than a Jax clone.

I'm not sure what his name is, but the guy that is a tiny guy riding on a big guy looks cool as fuck too. 

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Kieran King

I've been reading the tie-in comics to the game. Frost has appeared in them...

Stoner

I haven't been able to find them.  I'm glad to see she's getting some storyline love!

EDIT:  This site has them for 1 buck a piece.  https://www.comixology.com/

I just bought all 11 that are out currently.  About to read them.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Stoner

Ok.  So.

This game will be taking place AFTER what would have been MK4.  Makes sense with the timeline.  Apparently all the people who are back after dying in MK9 were granted their life after the Netherrealm War.

Chris Stern

Quote from: Stoner on March 16, 2015, 11:03:09 AM
Ok.  So.

This game will be taking place AFTER what would have been MK4.  Makes sense with the timeline.  Apparently all the people who are back after dying in MK9 were granted their life after the Netherrealm War.

It's after? huh by the looks of Cage's chapter in story mode it sounds like the Netherrealm War was going on, I mean Scorps was still dead and working for Shinnock and Quan Chi as was Sub Zero.

Stoner

I think its going to be some during, but mostly after.

In the comics I read this morning they keep referring to the Netherealm war in past-tense.  In the Cage scene where Scorpion and Sub Zero are under Quan Chi's control, that's clearly during.  I think there is going to be a bit where you play as Cage and Sonya during the war so it can show us how Shinnok loses, but in the comics Shinnok has already lot and been banished via the Kamidogu.

But the emphasis in the story(based on the trailer) seems to be on Cassie/Jaqui/Kung Jin/Takeda.  All of whom are likely to have similar fighting styles to previous fighters (Cage and Sonya, Jax, Kung Lao and probably a Kenshi/Scorpion mixture) with something making them unique.

Chris Stern

The line up for the DLC characters has been revealed and we are getting:
Jason Vorhees from Friday the 13th
The Predator
Tanya from MK4 - MK Armageddon
Tremor a Earth Ninja who while never appearing in a MK title before did appear in the MK comics.

Stoner

Note:  Tremor DID appear in Mortal Kombat: Special Forces, but that was an action game starring Jax and Sonya as opposed to a fighting game.  This will be his first fighting game appearance.

Apparently his motivation is going to be killing Jax(who arrested him) and Kano(who left him to be arrested).

Also an interesting note, this is going to be the first Black Dragon Clan member whose name does not start or end with K.  The others being Kano, Kabal, Jarek, Kobra and Kira.

Chris Stern

Quote from: Stoner on March 23, 2015, 10:17:06 AM
Note:  Tremor DID appear in Mortal Kombat: Special Forces, but that was an action game starring Jax and Sonya as opposed to a fighting game.  This will be his first fighting game appearance.

Apparently his motivation is going to be killing Jax(who arrested him) and Kano(who left him to be arrested).

Also an interesting note, this is going to be the first Black Dragon Clan member whose name does not start or end with K.  The others being Kano, Kabal, Jarek, Kobra and Kira.

Totally forgot about Special Forces, knowing me it probably was on purpose. Like I always purposely forget Ultima IX: Ascension, Gothic 3: Forsaken Kings, Deus Ex: Invisible war, Sonic '06, eh I'm sure you get the point. While I like "crappy" movies like Cannibal Holocaust, Manos The Hands of Fate, Pod People, Robot Monster, C.H.U.D. 2: Bud The Chud, ect. I can't stand "crappy" games probably because of how different films are to games(despite what most major studios want people to think) since if a movie is bad there can still be some unintended comical entertainment to be had while a bad game is just all around bad and makes it a painful chore to get through.

Stoner

I hear you.  I'm usually the same way.  If it weren't for the fact that I thought Tremor had potential to be a cool character I would have forgotten him completely.  As it is he's probably going to have a bunch of Ground-based abilities.  Something like Jax's Ground Pound should be expected(I mean his name IS Tremor).  I could see him having a fighting style similar to Earth Benders from the Avatar/Legend of Korra series too.

Stoner

jagilki

So.... this is the first MK game I've bought since the first on on the SNES, and the last one I played was... I think III.

I know almost nothing of the stories and such, but so far this game is fun.

Fnord

Yeah, I'm wanting to play this a lot...

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.