News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Fallout 4 Announcement TODAY!

Started by BamBamBunglow, June 03, 2015, 05:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tritch

Well they have voice now and the story I heard he's searching for his wife and kid. So that's probably their excuse.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Jennifer

yayyy heteronormativity as well as exclusion!

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Black Death

rumor and more than likely not true ,  you been able to play as male or female throughout the series. I don't see that changing now ,  if you have a voice now , more than likely he voice by Troy Barker , ( dude is awesome )  and female voice  you go and get Jennifer Hale ( you know her from mass effect as Fem Shep and she is awesome also )

plus if story is searching for your family , it ease be done as an female looking for husband and child.   that not hard to do , plus it make sense with the trailer , your character is either man or the women in the pre-war footage , you got  to the vault before the bombs drop  as you saw in the footage ,  vault 111 maybe it was cryogenics, seeing how long they can keep human frozen  , you were frozen along with your family , but system malfunction and woke your family up before you  and than you wake up  sometime later to find them gone and you leave the vault to search for them. 

that make sense seeing at the end of the trailer showing the dog running to the top of the vault now open and than switch to the vault close and the bomb hits
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Jennifer

As I said, I hope it's just conjecture, I've just heard the same thing from a number of sources and it got my hackles up.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Jennifer on June 06, 2015, 02:55:23 PM
As I said, I hope it's just conjecture, I've just heard the same thing from a number of sources and it got my hackles up.

Not sure if there is much to this,  but I heard the main storyline is as a male and once completed you gain access to a new setting and can be male or female.

Personally I've always loved that in fallout you can be anyone you want and hope it's not that restricting.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

BamBamBunglow

Bethesda has for YEARS made it open to all. It's one of the reason the Elder Scrolls series has been so successful. I really, REALLY cannot see them going along the "Male only" route - especially in a time when it's such a ridiculously hypersensitive subject.

I'd say don't believe it 'til it's confirmed - nothing has actually come out, it's all "A source claims" and "A leaked insider". That sort of shit isn't hard to fake online. hell, look at how many FF7 rumours started because someone faked a "leak claim".

Not that it bothers me in any way, shape or form - but I get why it bothers others.

BamBamBunglow

Haha, I just found the "source" of this rumour. It's confirmed bullshit.

It's a post on Reddit from about 11 months ago. She claimed she was fired for leaking to another spoiler website (Kotaku). Kotaku have come out and said "Uhhh no, she didn't". The only thing they had was a casting call for voice actors for Male & Female Heroes

Drama Queen

Quote from: Jennifer on June 06, 2015, 08:54:35 AM
Allegedly one cannot play as a female character.

I really, really, really hope that it's random scuttlebutt and not true, because in a game with a customisable protagonist, not being able to pick gender is inexcusable.

I'm going off topic, but that is the deal breaker as to why I refused to get the latest wwe game.

Jennifer

Quote from: BamBamBunglow on June 08, 2015, 06:19:34 AM
Haha, I just found the "source" of this rumour. It's confirmed bullshit.

It's a post on Reddit from about 11 months ago. She claimed she was fired for leaking to another spoiler website (Kotaku). Kotaku have come out and said "Uhhh no, she didn't". The only thing they had was a casting call for voice actors for Male & Female Heroes

That's reassuring, Bam. I'm not very good at tracking down these kinds of things and I heard it from a friend who's usually reliable so far as game rumours go. I shall resume my hype. ^^;

Chris Stern

Quote from: Jennifer on June 09, 2015, 10:36:28 AM
That's reassuring, Bam. I'm not very good at tracking down these kinds of things and I heard it from a friend who's usually reliable so far as game rumours go. I shall resume my hype. ^^;

One thing I learned when it comes to internet rumors, it's all bullshit until proven otherwise.

Marq

The graphics thing isn't a deal-breaker, just something I noted.

Anywho, it's got my attention as I'm a big fan of the "Fallout" series, but I just thought it was a little "meh" on the trailer. Will most likely get it, though probably not on launch day.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Tritch

Well you have to take into consideration two things about the trailer.

1. It's super early. Nobody knew for sure that the game was coming, just a bunch of rumors (which we confirmed in this thread aren't always true lol). So it's still quite early. They probably haven't beta tested yet or anything.

2. Many game trailers coming out now are all souped up to make them look better than the actual game. The new Battlefront trailer, for instance. Guarantee that game looks nothing like the trailer. So when you get used to theatrical trailers for games, seeing one where the developer wants to show you what the game will actually look like might make it seem bland.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Judge

Already pre-ordered.  I'm a huge fallout geek.  I have some RPG source books that were written to convert the game system into a table-top RPG.  I never actually played it but I had to have it.  I even like the Brotherhood of Steel game.

Black Death

QuoteE3 2015: FALLOUT 4'S FIRST GAMEPLAY DETAILS

BY VINCE INGENITO During Bethesda's E3 press conference today, Todd Howard took the stage to present a substantial gameplay demo for Fallout 4. Read what we learn as we learn it

Story begins pre-apocalypse.

You can create a female character!

Select specific facial features and sculpt in real time; no sliders

Nuka Cola in the fridge.

Vault-Tech sales rep comes to the door to pitch you to come to a vault.

Recorded 1,000 names to be said in game.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system is back for determining attributes.

You emerge 200 years later as the sole survivor of vault 111.

"Player freedom remains our absolute number one goal" - Todd Howard

Built on the next generation of their "Creation Engine"

Conversation choices are mapped to face buttons, no scrolling through options.

Dialogue, and everything else can be done in first or third person.

Dog companion can be ordered around by pointing at objects and giving contextual commands such as picking up items, attacking enemies, and activating switches.

VATS returns, looks very similar to Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas iteration.

Molerats sighted!

Pipboy returns. Fully animated. You can find game tapes to play on it. Games copyrighted 2053. Donkey Kong clone,

Missile Defense clone sighted.

Real life Pipboy included in collector's edition! Can hold your smartphone, and will have a companion app.

You can scrap most items in the game to create a multitude of items, structures and buildings

This all happens in real time. Craft terminals that control activatable fixtures like turrets, light arrays, etc.

50 base weapons, 700 weapon modifications, each one craftable.

Build and modify your own set of power armor, including individual leg and armor slots.

Throw down smoke markers to call for an airlift. Unclear whether you can do that anytime/anywhere though.

Fallout 4 will be released November 10, 2015!!!

That's everything we got out of the Fallout 4 stage demo. We'll update this story if we discover anything else though. For more on Fallout 4 and all Bethesda's newest announcements,check out the IGN E3 Hub.

I want that collectors edition , real life pip-boy ... oh  yeah i will have this game

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Black Death on June 15, 2015, 12:13:45 AM
I want that collectors edition , real life pip-boy ... oh  yeah i will have this game

*insert jizz south park pic*

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs