News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Football Manager 2016

Started by Rob, November 02, 2015, 01:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

I know there are a few fans of the series here so I will give you my thoughts on the beta version

Absolutely fantastic. The best game they have ever released by a long, long way. Tactics are more difficult than they've ever been. You can't play Home and Away games the same way, which I found out finishing 14th with Palace in my first season. Great home record, abysmal away. You're so much more involved in every aspect of running your club than ever before. Obviously fans of the series will know the wonderkids such as Balanta and Jovic who I made sure to get and they've just joined me now...

But your actions make such a huge difference. I genuinely think if you are into management games and you like to use your brain, this game is for you. Sure you need a small amount of football knowledge, but you could easily pick up the basics and build a great understanding fairly quickly.

It's addictive as all hell. You become attached to your players, the results you're getting become so important to you (somehow I beat Arsenal 4-1 at home and they went on to win the league), an interest grows inside for your players outside in the real world, you end up controlling every aspect of your football club. In the future they could probably develop it to a point where you could decide how much fans have to pay for a penguin burger at half time.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Was disappointed with 2015 tbh, probably need a new PCs for 2016 lol
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Rob

I was too, 2015 felt like a bit of a letdown.

16 feels a lot different. For some reason it runs a lot better on my laptop than 15 ever did and I'm playing with Argentina, Brazil, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, England, Scotland, top Asian leagues and top South American leagues rather than just the top European leagues like I did in 15. It's taken me about 2 days of addictive playing to go through a season whilst still being in-depth.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Duckman

What's the training like on this version Rob?
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Rob

Training's very much the same however you now get an Attribute Changes page, you get messages for every Increased ability and potential ability and Decreased ability and potential ability. They've simplified the individual training page so the stats that best fit the position you want to train them in are highlighted at all times. I'll take a few screenshots later of my wonderkid Sam Burgess
SixersEagles

[/center]