News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Fallout 4 TODAY

Started by T-Bonizzle, November 10, 2015, 01:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Bonizzle

Is this even a question? Who's sinking a ton of hours into it right this very moment?

Also, this topic is SPOILER FREE. No spoilers or else incur the wraith of some Deathclaws

Judge

Waiting a few weeks and letting the game breaking bugs get patched up.  It is a Bethesda game, after all.

Black Death

it going to be a few months , before i get it , but can not wait
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Tritch

ugh it's so good.

very few bugs from what i can tell. i think that some of the games accidentally (if it was an accident, still not sure how that happened) being handed out early actually helped them a lot with their release.

the only thing i can say is make sure you quick save often. probably a given for most people but i'm still trying to get used to it as it's been a while since i've played a game where that was necessary. i'm playing on hard and keep getting fucked by grenades and having to redo shit. the nice thing is that it autosaves a bit more frequently than Bethesda games in the past, where they would only save upon entering and leaving buildings. if you spend some time in your pipboy it saves when you close it down and i think if you travel a certain distance it'll do it again, not really sure the new method, but it's still easy to get fucked lol.

Best Town Player - 2008
2nd-Best Overall Player - 2008
2nd-Best Moderator - 2008
Best Third Party Player - 2010
2nd-Best Use of a Night Action - 2010
Best Game (Batman: Arkham City) - 2012
Best Moderator - 2012
2nd-Best Third Party - 2012
Best Game (Batman: Wayne Penitentiary) - 2013
Best Moderator - 2013
2nd-Best Town Player - 2014
2nd-Best Scum Player - 2015
2nd-Best Moderator - 2016
Best Game (The Conjunction: Episode 1) - 2016

Cory

Glitched on level 3 and was pretty boring so i';ll wait until they patch it and give it another go then.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

jagilki

excuse me, I should of knocked.

Stoner

I've been playing the hell out of this.  I'm level 22 at the moment but I've dabbled in or with just about everything it has given me the option to.

1 - The obvious one, save often.  Especially if you just spent a long time doing the settlement building thing.  Autosave is kinda random unless you enter/exit a building in which case it always saves.  But Fallout 4 has a TON of settlements that don't involve entering/exiting a building that triggers an autosave.  The Quick Save is awesome.

2 - Invest a couple Perk Points in the bartering early on. You literally need only a single point of Charisma.  You can get the first rank at level 1, and then the second rank at level 20, and it is just the best.  I didn't invest in it at all until level 19, and even then I only did it because I was tired of being around 2-300 caps after every interaction with a merchant.

3 - Pick up EVERYTHING.  If you can't carry anymore, give stuff to your followers.  Just remember to take it back from them afterwards.  The Settlement stuff uses a lot of resources, and picking up that random camera you see will save you quite a bit of frustration.

4 - In regards to settlements, once you have about 5 or 6 people at the one that it has you build a radio beacon for, assign people to work as a Supply Line to other settlements.  It makes your life instantly 100% easier.

5 - There are a number of different factions, I've found 3 that are joinable so far.  They seem to have taken a page from Skyrim, and made it so joining one doesn't prevent you from joining the others.  Its a bit jarring in this, especially since two of the factions I'm in seem like they would hate one another just for existing.  I noticed that if you do missions for one faction while utilizing a member of an opposing faction, your follower will get butthurt about some of your decisions.

6 - Enemies with the word "Legendary" in their name are assholes, but drop equipment with special abilities.  So that's nice.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

T-Bonizzle

Actually autosave is default every 10 minutes after you exit a pipboy. IE 10 minutes pass, you use your pip boy, when you exit it saves. You can change this from the options menu if you want.

! JDM The Professional !

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs