News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

AWESOME!

Started by Cory, July 25, 2008, 05:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Got my 360 back from Microsoft. Ill show the awesomeness in point form.

-Bough the 360, referb, for $175 w/ 2 Controllers & Charge Kit(Instead of Headset & Live)
-Bought 25gig harddrive (I think it was 25, the lowest) for $25
-Fucked up about half a year later, so shipped it back to Microsoft for free (Pre-paid box)
-They received it and fixed it (Red Rings), for free.
-Shipped it back, still for free. I got it today, opened the box. Brand new 360 w/ Live for 1 month. Brand fucking new, after I only paid like $200 (They were $499 when I got this one) and now I got a brand new one with Live.

Mark & Pat, I have a headset, an now points, just need a wireless adapter thing for the 360, and Ill be crushing your dreams soon enough.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Judge

Just hook an ethernet cable up to it and go.  Fuck that wireless adapter.

Exile

Hey! I wanna get my ass kicked tooooo!

Cory

I can't do that, because the ethernet cable isn't nearly long enough.

Judge

Go buy one.  Duh.  100 feet is cheap.

Cory

I might have to tell my brother this.

He's always said a cable long enough would be more expensive than the adapter. Fucking liar.

JaceGryphon

Agreed.  Those wireless adapters are fuckin' expensive in comparison to a length of ethernet cable.

Dave Johnson

Wow! That is freaking awesome!

Judge

Cory, I could buy a spool of ethernet cable for 60 bucks...that's like 4000 meters worth.  One of the wireless adapters is 100 bucks US.

I wouldn't suspect a 100 foot cable would be anymore than 20-30 bucks, and that's for the stupid store markup.  You could probably find a premade cable online super cheap.

Cory

Quote from: The Judge on July 26, 2008, 10:55:50 AM
Cory, I could buy a spool of ethernet cable for 60 bucks...that's like 4000 meters worth.  One of the wireless adapters is 100 bucks US.

I wouldn't suspect a 100 foot cable would be anymore than 20-30 bucks, and that's for the stupid store markup.  You could probably find a premade cable online super cheap.

I'm going to do that I think. Just need to figure out how'd I run it from my computer to the x-bo and Ill go buy it.

Isn't there a way you can have a 1 month subscription to Live, and do something with the accounts to keep having it? Aside from putting more points into it........

Judge

No, if you want Gold, you've got to keep paying it...buy a 3 month card.  Not too expensive.  Combined with the ethernet cable, it should still be less than the cost of the wireless adapter.

Cory

Judge

I don't see a problem with that.  It's a cable.  Not much to them.

Patch cable is what you're looking for, so go for it.

Cory

Brandon

There is Cory. I know it'll work for a bit, not sure how long, but a few months at least;

Create a new account on your xbox. Then, sign it up for xbox live using an email that you don't have linked to your other account. From there, select silver and it should give you a free month of gold to 'try it out'. I got this to work three times on my xbox (I kept creating new accounts so that my girlfriend and I would play lower level people on Halo - she isn't good and needed to level.).