Stan Kroenke's Arsenal stock is now more than 62%

Started by Smash INC, April 11, 2011, 07:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash INC

Quote from: The GuardianArsenal's largest shareholder Stan Kroenke has today told the Stock Exchange that he now owns 63% of the north London Premier League football club.

Kroenke Sports Enterprises already owned 29.9% of Arsenal. KSE have entered into a "call and put option agreement with DF Nominees", the company holding the Fiszman family's stake, to purchase their 16% holding and have also received "irrevocable undertakings" from Lady Bracewell-Smith and other directors to sell their shares (almost 17%).

KSE already own NBA basketball team the Denver Nuggets, ice hockey team the Colorado Avalanche NHL and Major League Soccer outfit the Colorado Rapids. He is the majority owner of St Louis Rams NFL franchise.

Assuming Usmanov sells his shares as well, Kroenke goes up beyond 90% ownership of the club.

Back in '07, Peter Hill-Wood said this:
QuoteWhy don't we want the American at our club? Call me old-fashioned, but we don't need his money and we don't want his sort.

Our objective is keep Arsenal English, albeit with a lot of foreign players.

Americans are buying up chunks of the Premiership football clubs and not because of their love of football but because they see an opportunity to make money.

They know absolutely sweet FA about our football and we don't want these type of people involved.

Things have changed since then obviously, Kroenke has been involved in the backroom for some time but I can't help but be fearful that we're gonna get into a situation like Man U or Liverpool did.

Thoughts, anyone?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Yes you could end up like us or the Scum. But it only becomes a problem when you dont win things...which apparently will become a problem for you lol and I am being deadly serious in that regard. So prepare to shit your pants Smasher.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'