News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Houllier Leaves Villa

Started by FXBlade, June 02, 2011, 05:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FXBlade

QuoteThe Frenchman is parting company with Villa because of concerns over his health after his recent heart problems.

It has been common knowledge for 24 hours that Houllier's reign was coming to an end after he underwent further medical tests before the weekend.

Villa will now step up their search to find a replacement for Houllier, with Fulham's Mark Hughes one of the early names to be linked with the post.

Houllier was unable to take charge of team affairs for the final five games of the season and doctors have advised that he will require further time to recuperate.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6962557,00.html

If I'm honest it was inevitable; He never did what he said he would, but at least they didnt get relegated.

I for one would love Hughes as a manager, but The guy has made a stamp on Fulham and wouldnt want him to leave there.

At least this time they have more than 5 days to hire someone; just dont take too long because we need to keep players and delve deep into the transfer market.

Rob

Hmm, happened to him last time when he was at Liverpool too. I didn't see him staying beyond the end of the season when all these troubles started a while ago.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jerry McClean

It might have been the right thing-but I hope it was his decision and he wasn't pushed like I fear he was.

Either way I think Hughes might want to stay at Fulham for a bit longer. I think McLaren is more likely to be taking the job as he wants another job in English football. Either way with Young almost certainly off and possibly Downing as well (plus the dire need for a new defence) the man who gets that job has a VERY tough task ahead.

Jerry McClean

Well Mark Hughes has resigned as Fulham manager. Proves how much I know!