News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Rules question

Started by Drama Queen, September 30, 2011, 09:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drama Queen

I was refereeing a game today and a team that conceded a penalty then changed the keeper for the penalty. I allowed it and warned the keeper he couldn't change back until the ball is out of play again, because I am not aware of any rule against this.

Is this something that like many substitution rules, each league/organization has it's own rules on? What is Fifa's stance?

The coaches on the other team complained but I assured them I was right, because that's what referees have to do even when they're wrong :)

Cory

was it like a recreational league? If so, if there unlimited subs then that was fine, and the keeper not switching back until the next time the balls out of bounds is also correct.

If your league has a 3 sub rule, then  the switch should have counted for one of the teams 3 subs.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jerry McClean

I kinda read that as they changed him with an outfield player just for the penalty. It's probably against the spirit of the game (how very cricket) but I don't think it's against the rules as such. Most people just normally want their normal keeper to be in goal for a penalty.

If it was a sub, of course it's fine. The ball is dead--they can do a sub. Hence why when a keeper gets sent off another keeper can come on for the penalty by replacing an outfield player

Drama Queen

Cory is correct in that it is a rec league with unlimitied subtitutions so it would seem common sense that this is allowable right?

Jerry is correct in that this was not a substitution, but a positional change... of course it's the one position on the field that wears a different shirt (or pinny over the shirt in this case) and that different rules (handling the ball) apply to so I can see how there can be objections, but all in all, yeah it seems silly to not allow it when I can allow a hundred plus substitutions during a game.

It IS against the spirit though... the coaches have a gentlemen's agreement so to speak of allowing one keeper change per half. Perhaps I should have insisted he stay in goal for the rest of the half, but then again, it's my job to enforce the rules, not the actual ettiquette!

jamiehwahmfc

To answer question this if it's a swap with an outfield player, It's not against the rules.

However if you're getting into the roll on/roll off subs then this isn't really a fifa thing so have no idea lol. But yes you can swap 'keeper when the ball is dead as many times as you like as long as it's for someone already on the pitch. I'm guessing the guy saved it the pen?... Also you'd assume the team that made the changes' coach would have checked if this was allowed to happen before trying it... either that he'd have looked a proper cunt if he had his players do the change and you were like "eh, naw!"