of buying shares in a football club!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Black Death

live the dream my man ... live the dream
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Jerry McClean

Which club have you gone for?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I've got the paper work sorted and money to buy shares in FC United of Manchester...however having a few second thoughts as it stands.

Basically anyone can do it and you can check out their website to show this. I really support what this fringe group of United fans have done.

Positives in doing so...I like the concept. I like the development of the club and they attract more fans than the majority of sides in divisions above them. If any club was worth getting in on the ground floor for...this would be the one.

Negatives...from an investment point of view you'll probably never see a return on it. Firstly, its not typical stock market shares which is one thing, your actually buying into their new stadium and ground. Secondly, you cannot cash in your shares for 3 years where their one pound value on purchase will have devalued. Also, there is no gurantee the plans of the club will go ahead.

Its a punt...but it depends on how you value it. Its at minimum a punt for 212 pounds. If you can part with that and you see it as just a story for down the pub

"I own shares in FC United"

then great...if your looking for a major return on it...probably wont see it as much.

Like I said I have all the paperwork, looked over all the finances. But then I can afford to chuck 200 quid at this and not be worried about it for a laugh. Others...if that (aka 300 US dollars) would mean something to them its a different story.

Then again, I could do something else with the 200 on the proper stock exchange so its more of a case of do I just throw down 200 quid for a laugh or put it to good use.

Havent decided yet. I was 100 percent on board with this Friday...had a few changes of heart over the weekend. Nothing decided...will make a decision 100 percent by mid next week.

Smash INC

FC United aren't a bad team, at least you didn't rurn round and say you were buying shares in Leyton Orient.

Jerry McClean

As a United fan that's probably the best team to go for. As you say; no one makes money in football especially not at the lower levels. If you've got the money it does sound like a pretty cool idea though!

Jerry McClean

What did you decide to go for in the end bud?

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

After checking over the books I pulled out at the last minute. One of my major concerns was the return on the actual shares. Basically, they'd have been better off asking for a donation as it was just a fancy way of putting into it.

I might change my mind later, but it was very geared to them getting investment to build a new stadium

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/story.php?story_id=4106

which is exactly what I thought would happen.

Like I said being a bit savy about this was probably a smart financial move on my part.