News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Rio out, Dawson In

Started by Cory, June 04, 2010, 11:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/06/04/1958854/england-captain-rio-ferdinand-out-of-world-cup-tottenham

Wow....based on form, I mean Dawson played way better than Rio this season, but from an England standpoint, I think this could be a huge loss.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

He's replaced Rio in the squad not neccessarly in the first XI...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Jennifer

Dawson should've been in the squad in the first place. Can't say I'm happy to see Rio get hurt, but Daws deserves to at least be there.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Cory

Who gets the start?

Carrahgher?

Jennifer

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Geordie

Quote from: Cory on June 04, 2010, 12:08:42 PM
Who gets the start?

Carragher?
In the vanity of watching somebody who shares my own last name, I'd love it :P

Quote[Today at 02:28:53 PM] Black Death: i thought  rettop had a raping promo
[Today at 02:28:55 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: I know I did a snippet in a Rettop RP once, is that what you meant?
[Today at 02:28:59 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: ...
[Today at 02:29:02 PM] Black Death: yeah
[Today at 02:29:13 PM] Church Dogg AlexK: I think EVERYONE is sigging that, BD

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Due to King's knee problems I am guessing a rotation between King and Carragher.

Duckman

Dawson really should have been in there instead of Upson from the start.

I reckon King and Terry is a world class defensive combination if they're on top form and fit.  Both of which are going to be debatable.

Me and my mate were discussing in work how weak England are in central defence at the moment due to injury and poor form...mind you Scotland would still kill for anyone in that squad!! lol.

Shame for Rio, first damn training session and to get injured is just serious bad luck.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

I got Carragher on my fantasy team....really hope its him. If not, make the move for King. Either or, England should get clean sheets against all 3 of their group mates.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on June 04, 2010, 01:55:08 PM
of their group mates.

There are no fucking mates...if we lose we will smash their hotel in.

Dazz

King will start. He's shown he can play 3 games in a week recently and he's probably the best centre back in the Premier League. I know it's a blow to lose Rio, but his form and fitness have been real problems this year so this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Cory

^

Little 'bias' towards King, but he's a legit defender, always impressed me.

Kenfucius

As someone utterly UNBIASED towards King... if he's fit and in top form, he should be an automatic starter in the England XI ahead of JT alongside Rio.

With Rio out, I hope King gets the nod. Hell, personally I'd have King, Carragher AND Dawson ahead of Terry.

On a side note though, whatever plus Capello thought that Heskey brought to this squad (do not get me started on that big fucking tool, or I'll be here all day), this injury to Rio pretty much guarantees he'll do more damage than good during the World Cup.