News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Taking Over the Book - Pre-Season Scenario 1

Started by Hondo, November 18, 2014, 06:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hondo

QuoteIn this thread is posted the scenario given to you. You can ask Michael PS Hayes questions in this thread. Also in this thread, you post your booking plan. I plan on normally doing a 72 hour deadline, but since this is a beta test, we can proceed if and whenever everyone is finished. Good luck!

SCENARIO 1: CREATING A (GREEN) MONSTER

With the retirement/release of The Great Khali, Vince is pretty desperate to find another monster giant for the roster. Although I gotta say, Khali hadn't been used as a monster in years, but I digress. But anyway, Vince has personally found a giant wrestler and wants to bring him in to wreak havoc on the roster.

His name is Kostas Kastopolos, a Greek sheepherder who wrestles on the weekends in his native Greece and occasionally in Cyprus and Italy. He's about 7-foot-4 and roughly 400 pounds. He has an intimidating presence, but his physique is only average. He's been used primarily as a face, working as the son of a Greek god. But Vince is dead set on making him a heel. I'm personally worried about whether or not he can pull off being a heel, but I don't really have a say in the matter. Not to mention I've not been impressed with his in-ring work, even for a big guy. We're not talking El Gigante bad, but I've seen better. In other words, he's about as green as Terry Gordy's face after a night of drinking Southern Comfort and getting hand jobs from Dark Journey.

Vince is desperate to get another big man on the roster, so he's personally waiving the required tour of duty in NXT for Kastopolos. He'll be ready to go on next week's Raw.

Your job is to get over Kastopolos as a monster heel as much as you can in a four week period. Vince would like two weeks of promos on Raw, his debut in Week 3, an appearance again in Week 4, and a match at the upcoming Pay-Per-View. Vince doesn't have a particular gimmick in mind, all he wants is for Kastopolos to be portrayed as an intimidating heel. So you have free reign on deciding what sort of gimmick to use.

Also, segments are required for Raw and the PPV. Segments and/or matches for any of the other WWE shows or programs (Smackdown, Main Event, etc.) are completely optional. We can always show replays of the Raw segments on these shows. But if you want to book him on other shows, feel free.

If you need more information, I'll try to answer as many questions as I can.

Good luck! You're gonna need it!

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Goldferg

1. How much detail do we need to go into vis a vis the segments. Do we have to write out full promos/etc. or do we just synopsize?

2. What are the limits on who we can use vis a vis other members of the roster?

3. Is Kostas Kostopalos his 'WWE' name or do we have to rebrand him? Do we have to name his finisher/etc?

There's probably some more, but if there is I'll let you know when I think of it
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Kieran King

I would imagine a rebranding is in order, because that name is almost as bad as Dolph Ziggler, and he'll never be over!

Serious question though, how is his English?

Hondo

Quote from: Goldferg on November 18, 2014, 06:51:04 AM
1. How much detail do we need to go into vis a vis the segments. Do we have to write out full promos/etc. or do we just synopsize?

That is entirely up to you. I really don't expect full-on promos or anything. The advice I would give is that the other players will be voting on the winner. Aim to impress them. But don't kill yourself writing detailed promos either.

2. What are the limits on who we can use vis a vis other members of the roster?

No main event or upper level talent. Midcarders or less. Vince doesn't want to job out his established stars just yet. If you want to use a specific person, ask me and I'll see if Vince will clear it.

3. Is Kostas Kostopalos his 'WWE' name or do we have to rebrand him? Do we have to name his finisher/etc?

Kostas Kostopolos is his real, given name. He'll need to be given a new name. Naming the finisher is entirely up to you. Although I'll point out, he used a standard Powerbomb as a finish in most of his indy matches.

There's probably some more, but if there is I'll let you know when I think of it

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Hondo

Quote from: Kieran King on November 18, 2014, 07:02:49 AM
I would imagine a rebranding is in order, because that name is almost as bad as Dolph Ziggler, and he'll never be over!

Serious question though, how is his English?

Decent. He can speak fairly well, but he does have a strong Greek accent.

Duckman

For potential jobber fodder - I'm looking at either Heath Slater or 'The Kid' - Zach Ryder.  Would Vince have an issue with them being used to get this guy over?

Can we put him with a manager or someone who is already on the roster who can speak for him?  Or is that Lana/Rusev territory?
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Hondo

Quote from: Duckman on November 18, 2014, 08:06:44 AM
For potential jobber fodder - I'm looking at either Heath Slater or 'The Kid' - Zach Ryder.  Would Vince have an issue with them being used to get this guy over?

I asked Vince, and he said "What the F@!& is a Zack Ryder and a Heath Slater?". So I think you can use them with no problems.

Can we put him with a manager or someone who is already on the roster who can speak for him?  Or is that Lana/Rusev territory?

Yes, you can set him up with a manager, so long as said manager is a current WWE employee.

T-Bonizzle

"If e're all saddled with coming up 'ith the same portion of the show, AND e're the entire creative team....hoo's 'riting the rest of the show?"

Hondo

Quote from: T-Brother on November 18, 2014, 08:49:02 AM
"If e're all saddled with coming up 'ith the same portion of the show, AND e're the entire creative team....hoo's 'riting the rest of the show?"

HHH himself volunteered to book the rest of the show. What a stand up guy he is. He even volunteered to wrestle (and win) every single match! Also, you appear to be having a stroke. You may need to see a medical professional.

BamBamBunglow

Does Vince want him as a standalone heel (with or without a manager) or can he be loosely affiliated with another wrestler/team/table?

Are we allowed to push the boat out on the gimmick, or are sponsors going to complain if we get too "Edgy"?

Hondo

Quote from: Bungle on November 18, 2014, 09:10:17 AM
Does Vince want him as a standalone heel (with or without a manager) or can he be loosely affiliated with another wrestler/team/table?

For now, he'd rather this person not be directly aligned to another wrestler. They can be managed by the same person, but their names shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as one another.

Are we allowed to push the boat out on the gimmick, or are sponsors going to complain if we get too "Edgy"?

Since Vince wants this guy to get over, he's allowing you to push the envelope a little. But bear in mind, pushing it too far will certainly draw complaints. Use common sense and best judgement.

Goldferg

I've just realized I know absolutely nothing about the current roster, owing to me being a failed wannabe hollywood screenwriter. Who are the current 'good guys' on the roster not named John Cena that I can make use of?
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Hondo

Quote from: Goldferg on November 18, 2014, 09:58:37 AM
I've just realized I know absolutely nothing about the current roster, owing to me being a failed wannabe hollywood screenwriter. Who are the current 'good guys' on the roster not named John Cena that I can make use of?

Vince said to use Raven and to job the crap out of him. I reminded him that Raven wasn't on the roster and hadn't been for over 12 years. He wanted to rehire Raven to specifically get buried by the new guy, but I managed to talk him out of it. I showed Vince a copy of the roster and he started swearing loudly that he didn't recognize half of them. He pointed to a few names, so these are the ones you can use.

Big E Langston
Darren Young
Diego (Los Matadores)
El Torito (Los Matadores)
Fernando (Los Matadores)
Heath Slater
Hornswoggle
Justin Gabriel
Kofi Kingston
R-Truth
Sin Cara
Titus O'Neal
Xavier Woods
Zack Ryder

Alex Smiley

"His debut in Week 3"

Just so we're clear, do you mean specifically a debut match?

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Hondo

Quote from: Alex Smiley on November 18, 2014, 11:53:10 AM
"His debut in Week 3"

Just so we're clear, do you mean specifically a debut match?

Specifically, no. It can be a match, it can be a backstage or in-ring appearance, etc. The main goal of Week 3 is to get Kostas live and in person on Raw. The only week he is REQUIRED to have a match is on the PPV.