Jon Moxley's WWE name...

Started by Ash Bombay, May 27, 2011, 06:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

You guys do know that just because that their FCW name..doesn't automatically make it their WWE name right?

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Duckman

What the hell did I just say in my last post?

God you're annoying some times.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Rob

But what is this total package in vignettes, ring announcers and $100,000 cars in relation to the name?
SixersEagles

[/center]

Gary

Quote from: Duckman on May 29, 2011, 01:36:37 PM
What the hell did I just say in my last post?

God you're annoying some times.

Peace

Duckman

Sorry I just saw a lot of bullshit discussion over a wrestler's fucking name who has yet to even fucking debut.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Duckman

Bullshit discussion?  There's a great debate going on about the importance of a wrestlers name.  With good back and forth points that isn't descending into the usual TNA vs. WWE bullshit that clogs this board up week after week.

Instead of coming in acting like a smart ass, you could contribute to the debate but no, you'd rather drop a smart ass comment like a cocky wanker to kill whatever decent discussion is being had.

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Duckman

Quote from: Rob on May 29, 2011, 01:55:43 PM
But what is this total package in vignettes, ring announcers and $100,000 cars in relation to the name?

They're the essential parts that go to making a successful wrestler.  Name, gimmick, character, entrance music, finisher.

As I said earlier it's not just the name but that the name is a really important part of what gets a wrestler to stand out from the pack and get over.  Just as you mentioned in your opinion a crap name won't hurt a wrestler - which is where we disagree.

Peace

Duckman

Ash Bombay

I personally believe a crap name hurts a character to a point. A classic case and point would be...

Do you think John Morrison would reach the same height of popularity he is currently at if he did his same gimmick as John Hennigen? I think Johnny Nitro would've eventually been given the same chance as John Morrison, but I don't believe he would've been accepted if he was still called John Hennigen.

Or another case and point would be....R Truth and K Kwik. Both pretty much the exact same gimmick, but which is taken more serious?

Rob

K Kwik was good for it's time though, just like R-Truth is good for the current genre of WWE and the generation that's watching it. I do have to agree in that case a name like R Truth is better than Ron Killings in terms of his gimmick. But I don't see how a name like Dean Ambrose is going to hurt Jon Moxley when a) it's not that bad of a name and b) it's not, in my opinion, as generic as some are making it out to be. Sure, it's no Dolph Ziggler or Zach Ryder, but I don't view it as a name that's going to hold Jon Moxley back if he can come out and get over with the fans.

As for whether WWE push the youngster, that's completely irrelevant because, take Zach Ryder for example, they are proving that what they want the fans to want and what the fans actually want are often completely different things.
SixersEagles

[/center]