News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

TNA Final Resolution

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, November 14, 2011, 07:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

Main event: AJ Styles vs Bobby Roode in a 30 minute iron man match.

MOTY potential? I think so!

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Joey WARPED

J-Reb

Only in TNA is a 30 minute match considered a gimmick.

Black Death

wait can't they go 60 mins ... huh
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

The gimmick is how many falls not the length of time. A 30 minute wrestling match is still a long time to capture someone's interest.

Outside of Angle/Lesnar and Hart/Michaels not many in mainstream American wrestling jump to mind as one's I enjoyed. I do remember Orton and Cena and hating that one.

Basically it comes down to the competitors for me. Steamboat vs Rude in WCW was only 30 minutes long, but the fact it had them two in the contest speaks more than 60 minutes of two guys you don't care about.

I think the TNA fans do care about Bobby Roode and AJ Styles and I think it will be decent. TNA has always done 30 minute Iron Man matches...anyone remember Samoa Joe vs Angle? Yeah there we go...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Tezmission Black

AJ and Daniels had a 30 Minute Iron Man match a few years back, it was pretty good.

Black Death

Interesting ,  TNA only does 30 min matches ... WWE tends to do 60 mins , ( angle/hbk on raw being the only 30 min one , it ended in a draw with no winner )

Quote from: Al Black Rose, Cavalry Armorer on November 15, 2011, 03:54:48 PM
AJ and Daniels had a 30 Minute Iron Man match a few years back, it was pretty good.

does this have a decent build to it ...  if I remember Angle / Joe and AJ / Daniels  had a decent build  to them

brkendown

Quote from: ! JDM The Professional ! on November 14, 2011, 07:01:48 PM
Main event: AJ Styles vs Bobby Roode in a 30 minute iron man match.

MOTY potential? I think so!

Agreed. The build to is good, and I'm surprised their actually carrying a storyline on down the road w/o screwing it up.

Black Death

Quote from: brkendown on November 15, 2011, 04:08:38 PM
Agreed. The build to is good, and I'm surprised their actually carrying a storyline on down the road w/o screwing it up.

not screwing it up ... the final bell has not sounded  yet. 

problem has never been there wrestling

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Black Death on November 15, 2011, 04:03:52 PM
Interesting ,  TNA only does 30 min matches ... WWE tends to do 60 mins , ( angle/hbk on raw being the only 30 min one , it ended in a draw with no winner )

does this have a decent build to it ...  if I remember Angle / Joe and AJ / Daniels  had a decent build  to them

In terms of them having a rematch from the last PPV you'd have to say there is an opportunity to build... ::)
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Joey WARPED

Quote from: Al Black Rose, Cavalry Armorer on November 15, 2011, 03:54:48 PM

I'm glad you brought that one up. It was damn good, but I really liked both wrestlers and the feud was awesome. I hope they build this properly so it catches everyone's attention and captivates people. I'm interested in it..