News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Whose next!

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, September 11, 2012, 11:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

Rumor has it Goldberg is close to signing a legends contract with WWE. would love to see him come out and dominate ryback.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Jennifer

Thus completely ruining months of him being built up as a big force for the sake of a nostalgia act that probably isn't going to be around at all-

Actually that sounds like exactly the type of thing that WWE would do. Carry on.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

The Laughing Man

wasn't Goldberg suppose to come back at the end of last year

Mike Powers

Fuck Goldberg. Talks shit nonstop, but has no problem putting it aside for a payday.

jagilki

Quote from: Mike Powers on September 12, 2012, 04:38:01 AM
Fuck Goldberg. Talks shit nonstop, but has no problem putting it aside for a payday.

Sheiky hacked ur account?

Mike Powers

Snap

Quote from: Jennifer on September 11, 2012, 11:24:14 AM
Thus completely ruining months of him being built up as a big force

But is Ryberg considered a "big force" when the vast majority of people he's defeated have been one shot enhancement workers whom we will likely never see again? Just like with Cena, he shows impressive displays of strength but strength alone does not a good wrestler make.

Once his matches aren't squashes and he gets victories when it's not so blatantly obvious he's going to win, then he can earn a reputation as something other than a Goldberg clone.

Jennifer

So far as I can tell, he's getting pretty good reactions from the crowd - Goldberg chants aside. It would still be squandering what's become a pretty impressive winning streak. Take away the 'calibre' of his opponents away, and the message is still there; Ryback is a force and tough to beat.

Also... a brute push has been a thing in wrestling since wrestling was a thing. I really can't see how A) Winning lots of matches and B ) being follicly impaired are enough to make him a clone. It's such an archetype that I can't really see it as copying.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

GM Franchise

The only thing impressive about Ryback is that he got over with the audience.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible