News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

iMPACT to stop aring....

Started by jagilki, August 14, 2014, 06:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagilki

... on Thursdays

QuoteTonight will be the final night that TNA Impact Wrestling airs on Thursdays.
Starting next week, the series is being moved to Wednesday evenings. The decision was made within the last several days. One of the reasons behind the decision was all of the additional competition coming on Thursdays with the new Fall season, specifically NFL games.

With the exception of the ill-fated Monday night move against WWE Raw, Impact has been airing on Thursdays on Spike since April 2006. From October 2005 until April 2006, the series aired on Saturday evenings.

T-Bonizzle

Wednesday is probably a good move.

Mike Powers

Avoiding the NFL juggernaut is very smart.

Chris Shields

I'm gonna take this as a sign that they're probably working on a new TV deal, if not close to getting one done. You don't move a show to a different time slot, to help with ratings, if you're planning to cancel it in the next 3 months.

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Chris Shields on August 14, 2014, 11:30:19 PM
I'm gonna take this as a sign that they're probably working on a new TV deal, if not close to getting one done. You don't move a show to a different time slot, to help with ratings, if you're planning to cancel it in the next 3 months.

You do if you want to see how it's replacement does in it's time slot vs the NFL.

Sidebar, watched this week's episode. Enjoyed it, although I can do without the camera cuts between the same two angles. It's like how i was when I learned how to use the switcher in the TV studio at school. WWE does it too, just with a bigger arena, doesn't mess with the depth perception.

T-Bonizzle

I think Shields is right.

There's a nomination for outrageous statement of the year.

Duckman

NFL back and the rumours about Smackdown moving to Thursday nights, means this is a smart move by Spike.  Whether or not it means anything long term about IMPACT staying on Spike (and let's hope it does) won't be clear until either a new deal is announced or the contract ends without a new deal being in place.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Kieran King

It's actually refreshing to see so much positive TNA sentiment for once...

Black Death

honest , I don't think moving is going to solve there problems ... I do not see anyway they can dig themselves out of the huge hole they dug.

even if they have started to improve in product  lately , I think there still consider damage goods and I don't think anything short of the WWE imploding is going to bring them back.   

it taking spike so long to work a deal really shows you how they feel about Impact ... but more than likely there going to stay
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Krazy

If my memory is right this is the fifth move in shows history.

Chris Stern

Quote from: Chris Shields on August 14, 2014, 11:30:19 PM

Well it's possible that TNA managed to talk Spike into giving them one more shot, move them to Wensdays and see if they can pick the raitings up if they do, they get signed if it fails then they are gone. Not saying that is the case just a possibility. Honestly the only TNA and Spike know what is going on.