News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

TNA and Spike

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, September 06, 2014, 12:02:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

Thought I'd ask a question: What can Lashley and TNA achieve if Lashley is continuously booked like a beast champion ans fights (wins) in MMA Bellator?

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Mike Powers

If past performance is an indication of future performance.......nothing.

If Lashley wins (and looks dominant doing so), they would be walking a fine line with him.  The "TNA is copying WWE/Lesnar" snark will be high.  It would need to be booked PERFECTLY.

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Mike Powers on September 06, 2014, 12:10:30 AM
If past performance is an indication of future performance.......nothing.

If Lashley wins (and looks dominant doing so), they would be walking a fine line with him.  The "TNA is copying WWE/Lesnar" snark will be high.  It would need to be booked PERFECTLY.

I'm with you there, if they try copy Lesnar too much it'll fuck up. However Lashley was the champion before Lesnar if I'm correct right?

If Lashley loses in MMA his wrestling cred will be pissed on. If he keeps winning and looks good, staya a dominant tna champion then realistically if I were Spike I'd see money in that.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Goldferg

Depends on what your definition of 'the champ' is. Especially since BORK was ...

a) a 3x WWE Champ before leaving to go to UFC
b) UFC HW champ before coming back to the 'E

(o that's two ways you can argue that he was 'teh Champ' before Lashley). Also depends on...

c) if Spike keep TNA and use the Lashley connection to feed Beltators

oh and

d) WWE doesn't release a new mid-carder for TNA to pick up as their new ultimate Main Eventer
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Fnord

TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Lashley made a triumphant return to the cage in his Bellator MMA debut tonight. Lashley dominated Josh Burns before submitting him in the second round.

Lashley took Burns down early in the first round, and spent the rest of the frame trying to secure a keylock or kimura submission.

Lashley peppered Burns with jabs early in the second round before taking Burns to the ground and hammering him with shots. As Burns tried to make his way to his feet, Lashley secured a rear naked choke to win the fight via submission with 1:06 left in the second round.

"I wanted to do more with my striking, but I always gotta go to my go-to (wrestling)," Lashley said after the fight. "I've gotta keep moving forward, I had a pretty good camp this time. There's no time off, I'm going right back into camp. I've got some big training camps coming up, so I'm just going to keep going and seeing what Bellator hands me next."

With the victory, Lashley improves his MMA record to 11-2, while Burns falls to 8-8.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

jagilki

I didn't watch the fight and I'm not a MMA  expert/fan, but from what I understand his opponent was a fucking goober, who I'd probably be able to beat in a fight.

Krazy

As a fan of MMA and has been watching MMA since UFC 3. This sounds like a subpar fight. It looks like Bellator was protecting Lashley here. I didn't see the fight but by the way it was explained that is what I got out of it. Someone prove me wrong here.

! JDM The Professional !

He isn't as Jag described him, but he was certainly not going to beat Lashley.  He was certainly protected

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs