News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Abyss/Hogan vs. Styles/Flair - Your verdict

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, March 02, 2010, 03:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

! JDM The Professional !

Now, before all you Hogan haters begin abusing Hogan, please refrain of this in this thread. :) (I being one of them :D )

I would simply like to hear your opinions on what will come of this match I.E Abyss being pushed? Abyss/AJ feud and eventual title bout? Abyss demasked?

Etc Etc

In my opinion, I believe Abyss is well due for a push, and especially with Hogan/EB backing him, it is not a matter of 'if' its a matter of 'when'. I'd love to see Abyss get the title again, its been so long since a big man has been champion.

Whats your opinions guys?

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Brandon

He's been there for a while, paid his dues, and is a decent worker.. but giving him the strap? NO!

He's not great in the ring. Mediocre at best. He has ZERO mic skills since he lost what's his face years ago. And AJ has been due to hold that belt for a few years now. His thing with Flair? GREAT. It needs to stay that way. I don't care if he's got Jesus backing him up, Abyss should NOT beat AJ for the belt should they feud over it.

! JDM The Professional !

I have to agree with mediocre ring skills. But saying he has ZERO mic skills is not true IMO.

I agree, he needs a good manager like James Mitchells to elevate himself once again.

But I do hope they feud if Abyss can get a good manager.

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Funnily this is where Triple B sees the starts of Hogan putting the belt on himself, for me I thought it was a played out angle using the live show to get Hogan and Flair fans to switch channels to see them wrestle. I am all for the match. Abyss I think is being touted as a few are like Pope etc. as contenders to Styles throne. Remember TNA are trying to use these more well know stars like your Flairs, Hogans, Nasty Boys etc to get folks unfamiliar with TNA to flip channels and stick with them.

Thinik its a great angle and Abyss is a contender, but not a Champion in my opinion. TNA's version of Kane.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: 'The Lame' Ian Est Credible on March 02, 2010, 05:30:04 AM
Funnily this is where Triple B sees the starts of Hogan putting the belt on himself, for me I thought it was a played out angle using the live show to get Hogan and Flair fans to switch channels to see them wrestle. I am all for the match. Abyss I think is being touted as a few are like Pope etc. as contenders to Styles throne. Remember TNA are trying to use these more well know stars like your Flairs, Hogans, Nasty Boys etc to get folks unfamiliar with TNA to flip channels and stick with them.

Thinik its a great angle and Abyss is a contender, but not a Champion in my opinion. TNA's version of Kane.

Wise words from a wise man!

Regards,

JDM

1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Hondo

Quote from: The Jesus of the Moon on March 02, 2010, 05:02:42 AM
I have to agree with mediocre ring skills. But saying he has ZERO mic skills is not true IMO.

I agree, he needs a good manager like James Mitchells to elevate himself once again.

But I do hope they feud if Abyss can get a good manager.

Regards,

JDM

The reason guys get managers is usually because they don't have mic skills. Not EVERY instance mind you, but most of the time.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Russ

I think the whole lord of the rings bullshit is nasty... I'm supposed to believe that a ring given to hulk hogan because vince mcmahon put him in the wwe HOF suddenly makes abyss better than he was? Please.

BUT

Match should be good.

Though Vince vs. Cena appeals to me more xD
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Black Death

Russ he is no longer abyss ... he is now  The Hulk Lantern
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Ash Bombay

It's real, it's damn real. He is Hulk Lantern.

Cory

r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d.

it's like tnas writing staff is the background cast from The Ringer.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ash Bombay

Writing staff? Is that what you call the kids in each town writing on napkins with crayons?

Hondo

Honestly, if casual fans will tune it to see Flair and Hogan, then they're doing the right thing. Sure, regular fans will H-A-T-E the match, and it will probably be bad when the two of them are in the ring (my guess is Abyss and Styles will be doing most of the work). Thing is, TNA is trying to grow, and in order to do that you have to get people to want to watch your show.

Come for Hogan/Flair, stay for Pope, Wolfe, etc. etc. Know what I mean?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

the casual fan will see the power of the 'ring' and be like, what the fuck is this?

Thats what my father said last night when flicking through the channels last week. At first, he said why was Kane on channel 14.....and then why did they have a ring that gave him powers? Hes as casual as it gets. He only watches the undertakers matches at wrestlemania....and even then he just laughed at the fact that Hogan/Flair were still wrestling.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on March 05, 2010, 01:03:58 PM
the casual fan will see the power of the 'ring' and be like, what the fuck is this?

Thats what my father said last night when flicking through the channels last week. At first, he said why was Kane on channel 14.....and then why did they have a ring that gave him powers? Hes as casual as it gets. He only watches the undertakers matches at wrestlemania....and even then he just laughed at the fact that Hogan/Flair were still wrestling.

When was the last time your old man bought a wrestling t-shirt or paid to see a live show? Plus he tunes into Mania once a year. I am sure wrestling promoters are sad to lose this fan. Dont take that the wrong way, but hopefully you get my point mate.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Cory

I fully understand, but I think that if my old man can see the ...flaws I guess in this, most people would too.

General 'Problems' Synopsis:
- Masked monster has super powers from a ring
- Two 60+ guys are wrestling

This shouldn't be the big match to go ahead against Raw. I really wanted TNA to be cool to watch, with less roided-out, 'I only do 7 moves a match' wrestlers like WWE predominatly has, to actually see athletes do things that are essentially impossible to the viewer. Anyone hypothetically can do a FU (Cena) or a Chokeslam, but no one would do the crazy flips and shit that the x-division does, or Samoa Joe/Nigels moveset.

And the Ring....isn't TNA trying to target the Attitude era fans? Then why in the fuck have some corny, unbelievable gimmick the biggest in the company?

Instead we got awful storylines (I'll say some decent mic-work though) and some of the worst booking I think i've ever witnessed. Have RVD come in and Feud with Styles, that'd be fucking sick. Not Flair/Hogan ...or even Abyss in the same match as AJ Styles. Niehter 3 can keep up with Styles pace, so he'll have to perform to their level as opposed to everyone else stepping it up to Styles level, which totally defeat the purpose of a main event with your champion, on what could be their most important show ever.

Im not even going to think about this anymore. This...all of this, is why MMA is kicking wrestlings ass right now. People in the wrestling business, especially the writers are actually retarded.